Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Haunted Woods Plot Discussion (Split #25)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29903
(Please read at least the Last thread before posting here!!)

Comic: http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/comic.phtml
Non-Flash version of comic (by Artisticka): http://hw.conceptscreens.com/ *new link*
NEOVIA: http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/neovia.phtml?
This petpage shows excellent images: http://www.neopets.com/~professer_boo#day1

PLEASE DO NOT POST OPEN GRAVESITE COORDINATES. POSTS THAT HAVE COORDINATES WILL BE DELETED PROMPTLY

ATTENTION

* Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.

* Please keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.
* Do not double post. If you were the last to post and you want to add more, please use the "edit" button in the top right of each of your posts.
* Do NOT post long links that STRETCH the page.

NOTE: There is a seperate location your Quest items are stored at, the Quest Inventory. It is accessible from Neovia and presumably cannot be stolen/traded/etc.

1. Click on the burned down house (lower right part of Neovia), you will need to search the remains of the building for a Charred Locket. There seems to be 10 different places it can be hidden in (one is randomly determined for you). As you hover across the image, look at your status bar for the coordinates your cursor is at (at the end of the link, there is a ? followed by a pair of coordinates).

Chair: 67, 201
Fireplace: 80, 135
Couch End: 147, 218
Bookcase: 150, 115
Wall Crack: 175, 145
Sofa Couch: 186, 186
Broken Stair: 210, 130
Broken Boards: 235, 232
Pillow Spring: 308, 199
Table Leg: 364, 195

2. Once you have found the locket, (Don't forget to actually click the button to take it!) Gilly will be able to talk to the following people:
Leroy (Coconut Shy), Lyanka (Cork Gun), Harker (Bagatelle), Sydney (Scratch Cards).
Simply scroll down beyond the game activity to see the conversation. If you cannot see it and you have the Locket in your inventory (check) then try playing one of the games or clear your cache/refresh the pages.

Look for the following Key words in the conversation, and note the locations you found them:
A) "Why, certainly, little miss..."
B) "Amazing! I haven't seen such metalwork..."
C) "That piece of junk?"
D) "It looks familiar..."

And Revisit those places in the order listed! If done correctly, an extra piece of conversation by Gilly should come up:
"Well, it's clear no one around here is going to help me. I wonder if there might be someone deeper in the woods who could identify this locket. "

3. Return to Neovia and you can now access the Shack. Read the next chapter to the comic. (Note that you will no longer have the locket in your inventory) Return to the Shack and you will see a new option to flee. You are now in the Damp Cave. Click the "Go into the scary cave..." button, and.. you will be in a Damp Cave.

4. This cave consists of 9 rooms in a 3x3 pattern. Each cave is unique to each person! Note the items that you come across while going through the cave, you can pick up some of them!
** The Trunk and Table CANNOT be picked up
** The Lamp Post, Key, Chair, Broken Mirror, Rotten Food (from the Trash Pile) CAN.

Note that you can only pick up one thing at a time.

While you traverse the cave, there is something that will scary Gilly off. If you are scared off, you will flee to a random section of the cave (but nothing will have resetted) In order to avoid this you need to put down Rotten Food when you get the "Something seems to be following you..." message. The creature will eat it and slink away.

Go find a cave room that has a moonlit area (there may be more than one room) Place the items in the following spots:

* Garbage: 330, 325
* Mirror: 240, 330
* Lamppost: 240, 215
* Chair: 235, 160 (or alternatively try 225, 155)

When all 4 items are simultaneously in the moonlit room, you will be able to see the "monster" that is scaring you... It's Bruno!!

5. After reading the next comic and seeing a heartfelt reunion, you will now need to go searching in the woods. Return to the Shack to access the woods.

You will need to go through the woods by clicking through the windy trails. Find the two-headed Hissis first. You need to figure out who is lying, in order to help you, you need to be on the look out for a Stick. (You wont be able to find it until you find the Hissis first!) The stick will be on the bottom part of the screen and should be quite obvious. Once you find the stick, return to this Hissis.

Select the stick from your inventory (click the panel with the arrow in the bottom-right corner of your screen) and poke the Hissi. You wil now be able to take the path that they block, which will lead you to the High Woods. If you hit a section of the forest that has no paths, you've found a dead end. You will need to start over by going back to the Shack.

When in the High Woods, you now need to collect vines. There are 5 types of vines that can be picked up from the ground (like how you found the stick from before). When you open up the inventory (bottom right corner) you will see a tally of vines.

If you want to see the name of the vines, click the "View Quest Inventories" link. You can remove vines from your inventory by selecting them and then clicking on the ground.

Pick up all the vines you can find (should be 6 of each, 30 total) and go back to the clearing (a big opening without a path or tree in the middle of the screen) and try and click the opening (the "sky"). If you are hopelessly lost, try using this petpage to assist you in mapping out the woods.

You will recieve a message as to whether or not what you have is enough. It seems that the values required are pretty random. Suggestable starting points are: 6-6-4-2-0, 3-4-4-2-0. Change the number of vines on hand and retry until you go to a cutscene with the cliff. Once there, you will get a helpful hint of what you need to do. The first link below demonstrates what these hints may mean.

Still stuck on the vines? Try these methods before posting!

Once you successfully do that, you will now be in The Deep Woods. You will now need to find 7 Ghost Meepits. Traverse through the Woods and try to click a Meepit. You can't get it! Now instead go play a game of Meepit Juice Break and get a score of AT LEAST 300 (complete level 2). Use the PPT guide for this game if you need help. Once you complete this, check in your QUEST INVENTORY for some Meepit Juice.

Return to the woods, select your Meepit Juice from the inventory tab and try and click on a Meepit. (If the juice isn't there, click on a Meepit and let it run away first.) It won't work, but Sophie will turn it into Ghost Meepit juice. Find another Meepit and try again... the Meepit will now stay with you. Continue for all 7 Meepits that are hidden in the woods. Now, find a room with a stone door and 7 lighted spots. Put the Meepits on the lighted spots and move them around until they all dance. A happy Meepit (hands up) indicates that its correct spot is one away from it.

6. Next you need to find out about the Spirit of Slumber. Brain Tree, right? Wrong! Head over to the Game Graveyard, scroll to the bottom, and click on the caretaker's shack. He'll ask you to look for his stolen index book.

...Which can be found by playing Fetch! on Hard. Walk around the maze, and you'll find this book lying on the ground. Pick it up, and you'll be allowed to flee that horrendously tedious game. Now go return to the caretaker!

7. Return to the caretaker, and you can now and choose which Graveyard you would like to look at. Once you have done that you can do one of three things:
(NOTE: If you have chosen to do one task, you cannot do one of the others until you "finish" that task)

a) Dig a gravesite
--> You will need to wait for three other Neopets players to go to the same gravesite as you, and you will need to dig in turn. A small patch of dirt means that the site has been worked on and probably means people are there working on it already. Try going to an untouched gravesite near one that has been dug up. People will probably be around there. Wait until a pinkish box is highlighted over your neopet and click *dig* when that happens. Continue until you dig up the coffin. You may gain items while digging. If you take too long, you can be put on "time-out". You will need to wait a while after you successfully dig up a grave.
(NOTE: If you want to get back to Sophie, you need to physically EXIT the graveyard map by going though the fenced area.)

b) Fetch ingredients for Sophie
--> You will need to get items for Sophie from her SHACK. Unfortunately, you do not know which items are which since they are unlabeled. The following is a list of potions that we know: (# can be found looking at status bar) If you've fail to pick the right potion, you'll need to wait a while before trying again.
* Potion 1: Bagguss Juice
* Potion 2: Juppie Extract
* Potion 3: Kadoatie Essence
* Potion 4: Tanglevine Sap
* Potion 5: Liquid Chokato Mould
* Potion 6: Moonwater
* Potion 7: Liquid meepit
* Potion 8: Alyseth
* Potion 9: Bloatershroom Extract
* Potion 10: Liquified Bumroot
* Potion 11: Crushweed juice
* Potion 12: Boiled tree bark
* Potion 13: Worm snot
* Potion 14: Soaked Babaa Wool
* Potion 15: Spicy Mortogberry
* Potion 16: Jurple butter
* Potion 17: Boiled Meowclops Saliva
* Potion 18: Barkroot Dew
* Potion 19: ?
* Potion 20: Grundo Goo
* Potion 21: Powdered Bloodfern
* Potion 22: Pureed sharpgrass
* Potion 23: Mutant Gruel
* Potion 24: Evaporated Snorkle Juice
* Potion 25: Ghostbeef Essence
* Potion 26: Glowing Zomutt Mucus
You will earn 50 NPs for each successful retrieval.

c) Test bones with the potion.
You will need to take a potion from Sophie (you'll need to be quick, they go fast). After that go to a DUG UP site (on the map, a dug up part with bones visible), and click the button to test the bone. The formula to get the number of drops Looks like it is: 25 * (weight / volume)^2 . The final value is the number of drops (rounded to the nearest whole number)
(For those who need some math guidance: Divide Weight / Volume first. Then square this value (which means to multiply it by itself). Then multiply by 25. If it's not a whole number here, round the number)
If you don't choose the right amount, you'll be too loopy to do it again for a while. Also, when completed, you will need to wait a while before trying again. You will earn 150 NPs for a successful identification.
Also, the bone potion can be returned to Sophie (on the same page you got it from) if you aren't having any luck identifying bones.
Potion Drops Calculator on Jellyneo
-----------
Any mistakes/additions should be PM'd to a Moderator to get this up quick!

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Last edited by Runevalkyrie on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:04 pm 

help!
firstly how do i change which grave yard i am in and secondly wt graveyards still have places?
plz n ty x

[img] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... sland1.gif [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm in the same place Stars. I have been waiting for about 5 minutes for people. I am all alone. :(

Post subject:
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

you know... the lag may not be such a bad thing... gives some people time to tests bones when someone else is having to sit in time out...

Post subject:
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

rosiesh wrote:
help!
firstly how do i change which grave yard i am in and secondly wt graveyards still have places?
plz n ty x

You need to exit the grave you're in. Do this by going out the same way you came in - through the opening in the fence.

A lot of the graveyards still have places. The list is updated as graveyards are fully dug up - it's just a matter of looking around.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:08 pm 

Whaaatt!?! I just got kicked out for not pulling my weight! I've been doing this almost non stop for two days, and i havent ONCE got kicked out.

Grrr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm 

Savages! Digging through graves only for prizes!

At least that's what I'm doing... and kinda getting sick of it. These graves are starting to haunt me... I have a feeling a band of ghost meepits will start chasing me any minute now.

Anyway, does anyone have any clue as to how much gravedigging will affect our final plot score? I mean, is it like LDP and that digging or what?

Even the wise cannot see all ends...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 pm 

My prizes so far

1 Slorg
1 Halloween Wocky Plushie
1 Halloween Ixi Plushie
1 Crystal Ball Table
5 Mystery of Halloween
5 Sludgy
10 Meowclops Statue
12 Fetch Stamp
14 Ghost Marshmallows
15 Spooky Doughnut

Still no Halloween Paint Brush.

*sigh* 400k would come in very handy....

Laurie xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The lag got me! My fellow diggers decided I wasn't doing my job! LMBO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kellenna451 wrote:
The lag got me! My fellow diggers decided I wasn't doing my job! LMBO!

Same here. You would think the lag would be worse on Saturday, but I played all day yesterday and had no problems at all.

Me in a dress - that's a once in a lifetime opportunity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I wonder, do you get different things from different shaped headstones? Or is it random for all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

My prizes so far, and theres no number with them, seeing as I've lost count

Spooky Doughnut
Meowclops Statue
Fetch! Stamp
Ghost Marshmallows
Magic Ghost Marshmallows
Mystery of halloween
Halloween Kau Plushie
Halloween Ixi Plushie
Halloween Kacheek Plusie
Sludgy

Wolfy @ Neopets Stop by my shop, and help with my draik egg fund: 676,584/2,400,000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Whats the normal price of the Halloween Paint Brush ? Has this made them deflate in price any ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:40 pm 

neobeth wrote:
Whats the normal price of the Halloween Paint Brush ? Has this made them deflate in price any ?

Well i looked on trades, and the older ones were asking for around 500k-550k and now its more like 400k-450k

I imagine they will, erm, "re-inflate" once the plot is over and done with.

Laurie xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

dissilusioned wrote:
neobeth wrote:

Well i looked on trades, and the older ones were asking for around 500k-550k and now its more like 400k-450k

I imagine they will, erm, "re-inflate" once the plot is over and done with.

Laurie xxx

Thanks, sounds like a quick way to make 100k :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next