Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Does the defend three rounds thing work with this one? I am afraid to try, that I wouldn't last three rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

still not beating him :cry:

Trying to obtain some decent weapons. Got a blue scorchstone and a golden compass...just bid on an ice mirror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This is my current set:
Ramtors Spellbook
Royal Wedding Ring
Leaf Shield
Rohanes Armour Polish
Greater Healing Scroll
Bone Sceptre
Caustic Potion
Seasonal Battle Duck

I usually use only Spellbook + Ring, and the Scroll if my HP gets very low. I managed to get 10 wins without defending, is the Leaf Shield of any help?

Quote:
Does the defend three rounds thing work with this one? I am afraid to try, that I wouldn't last three rounds.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, I fought 4-5 rounds and he kept dealing 70-90 damages in the end :(

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Boy did I get trampled by that thing... I guess I'll go cry!

Meechity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Golden Compass helped me, at least - I'm still glad I snagged it the night before the first battle.
I've been doing Drain Life + Golden Compass + Fire and Ice Blade first round, then usually Burrow + Golden Compass + Fire and Ice Blade second round, then improved defend for a couple rounds (with those same items) until I get him down to around 25 hps, then I sink with same two items. I've sometimes substituted my Scarab Ring or Scorchstone if absolutely necessary, and sometimes give Aisha Sneak a shot if I'm doing really well and she's not. My pet has managed I think 35 wins this way - but since she's got a lab pet's stats, (over 300 hps, but MUCH lower on everything else), she won't be able to do much more, I don't think. I've tied once and lost once, from some bad luck.

One thing I've seen that is quite irritating: they can use Drain life more than once. I personally have not had this happen, but my husband has (he's beaten the thing 60 times now). It's quite annoying, as it can really screw up strategies.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Mummy Moach battle results
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:10 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I beat her three times, and I'm not sure I'm going back in. I have 310HP and this thing just kept healing back to full strength...I'm sure I'm gonna get my clock cleaned the next time I face her. She is one tough 'mother' lol...

I'm still stunned by the huge jump in difficulty between this Moach and the earlier opponent. TNT must have heard us dissing the last one and set us up, hehehe.

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:11 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

A few bits of advice for Battledome beginners who are trying to beat Mummy Moach. Remember my mantra: everything I ever needed to know about the Battledome, I learned from http://idb.finalhit.org/ . :D

1. Mum is very offence-minded. This means that it's possible to take her down in a few hits if you survive them yourself. It also means that you shouldn't use your own Berserk / Fierce Attack too much or you're going to end up getting pummelled. Remember - if one of you uses aggressive tactics, both of you take more damage in that round. If BOTH of you use aggressive tactics, you both take LOTS more damage. Instead, use good faerie abilities, good species abilities or Defend (but remember that if you Defend, both you and your opponent will take less damage in that round).

2. Strength and Defence are measured in levels. Lots of people are stopping at a Str or Def of 50. Don't! Train it up to 55 and you'll get the next boost. The boosts happen at 8, 13, 20, 35, 55, 85, 125... etc. The higher your strength boost, the more damage you'll do with the same weapon. A pet with a strength of 50 will do the same damage as a pet with a strength of 35. Your Defence stat is used in the same way but only when you use a defensive or dual-duty weapon - NOT when you use the Defend stance.

3. Mum does MASSES of earth damage. She also does physical and, to a much lesser extent, air, light and fire. She uses no dark or water. Know what your weapons and shields do! You need some way of defending against earth. Leaf Shield and the less powerful Ugga Marbleshield are solid earth defenders and will also take a bit of physical damage. A Downsize! will halve the damage you take in one turn per battle. A Golden Geraptiku Talisman will help a little, but won't protect you much when that Stone Snowball comes slamming your way and is no good at all against the Moach Pincer. Potions of Concealment will block all earth damage as well as throwing some damage back at Mum, but you can only use them once.

The faerie ability Burrow is great in this battle as it will block almost all earth damage for one turn as well as some of the other icons Mum uses, allowing you to throw your two toughest weapons at Mum without worrying about getting hurt. Sink is much less useful.

For healing, you might try zapping Mum with Drain Life on your first go. (The more HP she has left, the more you'll heal.) Restore, Healing Vapour and Regeneration are all recommended, and all get more effective the more hurt you are.

4. Mum does not have a strong defence. She can block a little earth and physical damage, and can lower all the damage done to both you and her by using Defend. Her Ice Mirror can reflect some of your own light damage back to you. Therefore, any weapon with a combination of water, dark, air and/or fire icons (the more the better) should serve you well. Try to avoid using light and earth weapons if you can. For ideas, see http://tinyurl.com/32zyr9. Scarab rings will get a few icons through her and every beginning to intermediate battler should really own one or two. If you have around 100k to spend, get a 9-10 iconer like an Ice Club or Cloudy Wand of Storms. (The cloudy wand will be particularly good in this battle as it also blocks a little earth.)

5. Final bit of advice: the best defence is a good offence. If your health is really low and you don't normally battle, this opponent might simply be too tough for you - but try to take her down as fast as possible and she might just be caught by surprise. An enemy this aggressive will flay you without mercy if you're too defensive. The more turns you spend trying to heal or freeze without hurting her, the more turns she'll have to pummel you. If nothing else works, close your eyes, cross your fingers and hit her for all you've got! :D

EDIT: If you need more advice after reading all through this, I'd be happy to help if I can. :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Last edited by afyapardess on Thu May 17, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow...I am totally screwed in many ways...my pets only have about 20 health. They both "died" in their first rounds. I have a faerie quest, thus I can't search for codestones to train them further. Plus I don't have a leaf shield. The sarab ring did some nice damage, but he just healed :cry:

Post subject: What the
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:43 pm 

What the! the 3rd time he defeated me!
Level : 27

Health : 0 / 65
Mood : unhappy
Hunger : not hungry
Strength : EXCELLENT (50)
Defence : EXCELLENT (42)
Move : AWESOME (77)

My stats arnt bad! but I still cant defeat him! I bought the leaf shield and I use the grand lighting beam but nothing! :( What should I do?

Post subject: Re: What the
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kseniak12 wrote:
What the! the 3rd time he defeated me!

Health : 0 / 65
Mood : unhappy
Strength : EXCELLENT (50)
Defence : EXCELLENT (42)
Move : AWESOME (77)

My stats arnt bad! but I still cant defeat him! I bought the leaf shield and I use the grand lighting beam but nothing! :( What should I do?

Your HP could do with some raising.

Buy two scarab rings, that'll do some nice damage. I hit 30-35 with a Scarab Ring and Obsidian Dagger.

I don't use defense, but someone else can fill you in on that.

PS: Get burrow.

Post subject: I'm a battledome newbie
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:33 pm 

Well I am a newbie to the battledome, so I lost the first time, but won the second time.
My stats:
Health : 78 / 78
Mood : happy
Strength : EXCELLENT (51)
Defence : GREAT (30)
Move : EXCELLENT (46)

I used a scarab ring, leaf shield, blue scorchstone and shooting star muffin. I still had 34 HP left at the end. THis was a lot tougher than the first bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:48 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Okay, any advice on some good equipment I can buy?
I have about 500K to spend..

This is what i'm using right now;
Basic Shield of Flight
Obsidian Dagger
The Astronomy Club
Bone Sceptre
Sparkling Bonbori Hammers
Golden Geraptiku Talisman

Lame.. I know. But it's all the equipment I own!

Here are my stats.
Agility : 21 (GREAT (21))
Attack Strength : 42 (EXCELLENT (42))
Defence Strength : 18 (demi-godly)
Current hp: 112 / 112

Surprisingly I have yet to be able to beat this thing.. Though i've only tried twice. Hehe.. I should probably shush and keep trying.
But for future reference. Any advice on what I should buy?
Preferably something easy to sell afterwards!

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:13 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Can't go too wrong with a Scarab ring. Pair it up with the Bone Specte, and you should be able to take down that "mother".

this is my battling pet stats:

Agility : 38 (GREAT (38))
Attack Strength : 114 (LEGENDARY (114))
Defence Strength : 9 (armoured)
Current hp: 185 / 185
Level : 8

Took down the Moach twice, about to go for a third. Three/Four hits and shes down for me so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:59 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Drake-Dark wrote:
Can't go too wrong with a Scarab ring. Pair it up with the Bone Specte, and you should be able to take down that "mother".

this is my battling pet stats:

Agility : 38 (GREAT (38))
Attack Strength : 114 (LEGENDARY (114))
Defence Strength : 9 (armoured)
Current hp: 185 / 185
Level : 8

Took down the Moach twice, about to go for a third. Three/Four hits and shes down for me so far.

I have a scarab ring, but is that better touse than my fruit bowl and ring of the lost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:15 pm 

hi...mmm just read about the plot (I have my head on the clouds sometimes) and I can't solve my puzzle...and read that you guys can help me with that

http://usera.imagecave.com/LenValkyrie/neopets/puzzle3.jpg

I think the image is big in size ...not on kb...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next