Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Xerophyte wrote:
*looks around* Anyone care to help out?

My MSN Explorer, along with the messenger itself, have been refusing to open. They try to tell me there's a problem with my connection, but there isn't. I can play online games and access the Internet using Firefox, so it can't be that.

Yahoo Messenger also had the same problem, but I tried reinstalling it, and now it's working again. That tactic didn't work with the MSN stuff.

Anyone have any ideas? o_O

Right, who is your ISP? That may help things.

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ixist wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:

My MSN Explorer, along with the messenger itself, have been refusing to open. They try to tell me there's a problem with my connection, but there isn't. I can play online games and access the Internet using Firefox, so it can't be that.

Yahoo Messenger also had the same problem, but I tried reinstalling it, and now it's working again. That tactic didn't work with the MSN stuff.

Livas. Through Cable Modem.

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:04 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Xerophyte wrote:
Ixist wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:

Right, nevermind then. If you were in the UK, it could have explained things.

Although it could still explain things (maybe). A few feeks ago, me and my friends, all of whom used Virgin Media to connect to the internet, couldn't connect to MSN or MySpace. So perhaps something similar has happened to you. Try asking your friends who uise the same ISP as you if they're having problems. If not, I don't know what it could be.

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ixist wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:
Ixist wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:

Right, nevermind then. If you were in the UK, it could have explained things.

Although it could still explain things (maybe). A few feeks ago, me and my friends, all of whom used Virgin Media to connect to the internet, couldn't connect to MSN or MySpace. So perhaps something similar has happened to you. Try asking your friends who uise the same ISP as you if they're having problems. If not, I don't know what it could be.

Thanks, I'll try to find some friends who use MSN Explorer. Most of them use IE or Firefox though. Hope it's not just me, that would mean my computer's full of bugs. :roll:

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am running Win2000. I bought a computer game that plays on Win 95/XP. The smart me asked a salesperson if it would run on my computer. He said that it would. The foolish me believed a salesperson.

The software was successfully installed. I went to run it and I got the error message "Requires Windows 95. You are running Windows NT."

Is there anything I can do to make the software compatible with my OS?

Edit: Grammatical error corrected.

Last edited by sape789 on Tue May 29, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

sape789 wrote:
I am running Win2000. I bought a computer game plays on Win 95/XP. The smart me asked a salesperson if it would run on my computer. He said that it would. The foolish me believed a salesperson.

The software was successfully installed. I went to run it and I got the error message "Requires Windows 95. You are running Windows NT."

Is there anything I can do to make the software compatible with my OS?

Which game is it? There might have been similar occurrences happening with other people, in which case the answer could be googlable.

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I bought Myst 10th Anniversary DVD Edition. It comes with three discs but I've only installed the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

sape789 wrote:
I bought Myst 10th Anniversary DVD Edition. It comes with three discs but I've only installed the first.

Try this patch:

http://www.mysterium.ch/myst/mystmaster2k_e.exe

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Thank you Noo, I'll try it when I get home.

Post subject: Re: Computer Help
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

My service keeps fading in and out(internet service) and I'm wondering why. I've had many people come out and try to fix it, but it keeps having issues.

Is it my computer? Or could it be them?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

We're using Comcast cable now (was roadrunner). I know here every now and then my connection just stops working, all the lights on the modem go dark. I've called, had them come out, etc. and it seems to be one of those things. Don't lose TV reception, oddly enough. Just internet.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

stickygumdrops wrote:
My service keeps fading in and out(internet service) and I'm wondering why. I've had many people come out and try to fix it, but it keeps having issues.

The same kind of thing happened to me. Turned out that there was too many cable splits from where it came into the house (off to various TVs, other floors, etc.) until where it got to the modem. The signal was so weak that it gave out once in a while.

If I remember right, they just threaded a second one in from the box outside closer to the modem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

cat1205123 wrote:
stickygumdrops wrote:

The same kind of thing happened to me. Turned out that there was too many cable splits from where it came into the house (off to various TVs, other floors, etc.) until where it got to the modem. The signal was so weak that it gave out once in a while.

If I remember right, they just threaded a second one in from the box outside closer to the modem.

Hmm, well. They've checked our cables many times. But they can't find anything. I have no idea what to do! We lose it so much, it's aggravating >_<

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:23 am 

I use Comcast, and I occasionally get an outage, but it will be fixed very quickly :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All is well in the world, ignore this post :)

Last edited by TDG on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next