Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

I was just wondering.......?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:19 pm

I was just wondering how do you actually take a screenie because I have missed out on loads of hilarious pics of web pages and I am tired of it now please tell me how.

Re: I was just wondering.......?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Usually your keyboard has some kind of "Print Screen" button (mine is labelled Prnt Scrn and is in the upper right, above the backspace button). Just click on that, and it should copy the screen shot to the clipboard. Then you can paste it into an image using a program such as Paint (either right-click and choose paste, hit control-v, or choose paste from the menu options). Then just clip and resize as you like, and treat it like a normal picture.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:54 am

Awesome thanks so much it works thank you!

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Yes I wondered that to for a while. My friend told me it was "Shift" Print Screen, so i missed out on lots of good ones too.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Plastic Ninja wrote:Yes I wondered that to for a while. My friend told me it was "Shift" Print Screen, so i missed out on lots of good ones too.

On some computers, shift-print screen takes a shot only of the contents of the current window, but that doesn't work on my laptop -- maybe your friend has an older computer.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:41 pm

All it does for me is the same as it does with out the shift

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Actually, to take a screenshot of the current content of a window is Alt-Print Screen.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Yep that works using the Alt

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 pm

I don't have to use Alt. But you do SwordFire? That is odd.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Alt-Print Screen takes a screenshot of the current window. Print Screen takes a screenshot of the entire screen (essentially, it's like taking a camera and taking a picture of your entire monitor). I use the Firefox add-on ScreenGrab to take screenies while in FF. Easy to use and works well :)

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Well you learn something new every day! I knew how to do that with the Mac but not with a PC. Tres cool. Thanks guys.
Topic locked