Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Posts: 8715
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Location: Cleveland, Georgia
Gender: Female
Can you run it in Wine? [/linux]


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 am 
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: Singapore
Gender: Male
Em... no. ^^

Wine is used for running Windows applications only. Simply say, Wine is already considered a Windows system by itself.

If you do not wish to partition your system, then another alternative will be using "VMware Workstation" to install Windows 7. It'll cost though...


=SwordFire=
The Silent One
Sysop of Neodex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Posts: 8715
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Location: Cleveland, Georgia
Gender: Female
SwordFire wrote:
Em... no. ^^

Wine is used for running Windows applications only. Simply say, Wine is already considered a Windows system by itself.

If you do not wish to partition your system, then another alternative will be using "VMware Workstation" to install Windows 7. It'll cost though...


It was a joke, but I like your chutzpah. :P

P.S.: Good to know I can use VMWare.
Of course, god knows how much room Windows 7 will take up...


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 am 
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: Singapore
Gender: Male
Not intended, but at least I tried...

Currently the virtual harddisk is using 6.59Gb (viewed from outside VMWare Fusion), with Avast installed and fully updated. There are a few issues with running Windows 7 in VMWare (namely the WinEI, which is tied to Aero effects and the games), but otherwise seems fine.


=SwordFire=
The Silent One
Sysop of Neodex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: Out there somewhere... or is it here?
Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Is anyone who installed Windows 7 Beta still using it?
Any updates as to how it's performing (in a non-benchmarky legal compliance sort of way)?


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 4874
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Vancouver!
It's running perfectly on my laptop. I tried dualbooting it on my Desktop though, and it had some problems so I uninstalled it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: Out there somewhere... or is it here?
Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
WIS wrote:
It's running perfectly on my laptop. I tried dualbooting it on my Desktop though, and it had some problems so I uninstalled it.


Any problems with your desktop after the uninstall of the failed dualboot install? That is pretty much my only option to play with W7, and I'm very reluctant to try it and mess up up my desktop because it is running very well at the moment.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta available as free download today
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 4874
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Vancouver!
Blue wrote:
WIS wrote:
It's running perfectly on my laptop. I tried dualbooting it on my Desktop though, and it had some problems so I uninstalled it.


Any problems with your desktop after the uninstall of the failed dualboot install? That is pretty much my only option to play with W7, and I'm very reluctant to try it and mess up up my desktop because it is running very well at the moment.


No, nothing wrong with my original Vista. The problem with W7 wasn't that big, but it was annoying as sometimes the "My computer" thing would freeze up for no reason, although I can access other folders through shortcuts and stuff. Also once WMP froze so I was like, nah. It is really pretty though. <3


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group