Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Windows Live Dowloading

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:36 am

I recently had to do a system restore on my computer [AGAIN :x ] and now, whenever I try to download Windows Live Messenger, it comes up with a message about not having a valid publisher, and then says that it is not a valid Win32 application.

Any ideas on what to do? I really hate regular Windows Messenger :(

I've tried going to their support...but there's nothing on the topics that fits my problem, and no way to contact them :x

Re: Windows Live Dowloading

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm having the same problem as well!

My stupid brother uninstalled Windows Live Messenger and for some reason, it's not reinstalling again. I have no idea as to what's happening.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Okay. So i'm not the only one with the problem. Sadly that makes me feel better lol.

I have tried and tried, and still have not found a contact us page ANYWHERE.

I really miss it. :(

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:12 am

I just did some researching Callie and through searching this forum, I was able to find out why MSN Live wasn't being installed on my computer.

My problem was the date and time. For some reason, the year on my computer was set to 2007 instead of 2008 and once I had changed the year to 2008, I was able to install the messenger.

Perhaps this is your problem as well? If not, try searching through the forum as I'm sure your answer will pop up there :)

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Thanks for the link.

My date and time are right, so that must not be it. I'll look through it and see what I can find.

Edit: Phew, it finallly worked. Thanks so much for the link! Now...to reinstall IE 7
Topic locked