Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Memory Upgrade?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:20 am

I'm looking into upgrading the memory on my laptop (256MB x 2 just doesn't quite cut it anymore...) but am not sure what to look for, especially when it comes to finding a decent price/reliable brand. I'd like to upgrade to at least 1024MB. I have a HP Pavilion ze2000 series. Any other info needed (did a lookup on orderingmemory.com, says I need DDR PC2700)?

Suggestions?

Re: Memory Upgrade?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 pm

I recently upgraded my memory from 256MB x 2 to 2 GB x 1. I just went into the local computer shop and asked for a RAM and they gave me what I asked for. I just told them I had a Dell and it worked. I tried putting one of my old 256MB's in and i got an error message, so i think 2gb is the max.

So just go into your a local shop, ask for memory, tell them your computer and you will get one. Just make sure the memory you get isnt too big for your computer.

That probably didn't help, but yeh :)

Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Maximum memory is defined by your motherboard. If you try to exceed that, it won't work.

Make sure your BUS speed is correct - that's determined by the processor.

Finally, make sure all of your RAM chips have the same access times. If one is 7ms and the other is 9ms, then your computer will crash when it tries to pull data from both and assemble it.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah, the max for my motherboard is 2048MB.

Thanks for mentioning the access times, I hadn't thought about that.
Topic locked