Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Lost Mail Accounts?

Sat May 05, 2007 5:16 pm

Well, quite a while ago, my mailto:garon604@hotmail.com account was apparently hacked. This was my old, disused account that I reactivated because I needed some sort of a password. I didn't really mind and told all my contacts to delete the account because it appeared to be sending spam messages to the contacts on that list.

Then I forgot that that account was the secondary account to my main e-mail account, mailto:garon604@gmail.com. This Monday, when I tried to log on... il ne peut pas?!!!!

I've tried everything to make sure the password I was entering was the correct one, but no. I tried enlisting my friends to hack my Hotmail and, through that, to reclaim my Gmail. It isn't working; to be hacked, one of the accounts needs to be physically on at MSN.

I barely even know who hacked me, but whoever it was, they're going to pay.

Sat May 05, 2007 6:09 pm

When you signed up for Gmail, you should have entered a security question. There should be an option for this if you choose 'Forgot your password?'. I cannot remember the exact instructions to get to the security question, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Wed May 09, 2007 1:19 am

YOu had to wait 5 days without logging in for the security question to activate. Apparently I had no question or the hacker changed it, so...

Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 am

I'm sorry, if you cannot remember your password, cannot retrieve a new one via your secondary email, and do not have a security question, then there is no way possible to get your Gmail account back. Especially so if you believe the hacker has changed your Gmail password.

If you would like, I can send you a new invitation to Gmail. :)

Sat May 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Paul wrote:I'm sorry, if you cannot remember your password, cannot retrieve a new one via your secondary email, and do not have a security question, then there is no way possible to get your Gmail account back. Especially so if you believe the hacker has changed your Gmail password.

What's all this about invites? I went to google and just signed up for gmail with no problems at all.

:/

Sat May 12, 2007 10:25 pm

littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:I'm sorry, if you cannot remember your password, cannot retrieve a new one via your secondary email, and do not have a security question, then there is no way possible to get your Gmail account back. Especially so if you believe the hacker has changed your Gmail password.

What's all this about invites? I went to google and just signed up for gmail with no problems at all.

I thought you needed an invitation. oO

Sat May 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

I didn't. I just went to gmail.com and signed up. o.O

Sat May 12, 2007 10:34 pm

littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

Hmm. I must be mistaken then, ah well. My bad.

Sat May 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:
Paul wrote:
littleboy6326 wrote:

Hmm. I must be mistaken then, ah well. My bad.

That was only because it used to be in Beta testing, but it's now out of testing and into the public domain and therefore open to all!
Topic locked