Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Itunes...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ok, i've recently converted to itunes so i can play music being shared over the college network, but i'm still trying to figure some things out.

My music library is mostly mp3's, but has a few WMAs which i need to convert - i know itunes will convert them into aac files, but i dont want that as i dont know if they'll play on my mp3 player - i'd like to convert them to mp3s - can i tell itunes to do that, or do i need to get a different program?

Also, is there a way to get my avi files to show up in itunes? as i tried importing them and adding them and they're not showing up in either the tvshows or movies section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The only thing I can think of to convert WMA to MP3 is to burn the WMA files onto a CD, and then rip them off in MP3 format.

I'm not sure if iTunes will convert them without having to burn them onto a CD, it's been awhile since I've had to convert anything.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I just did a search on Google and there are a bunch of converters out there. Some are free, some are just a trial, and others you have to pay for. Most should work just fine. I used to convert music files all the time.

Search results

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I found a piece of software to convert them that seems pretty good, except it doesnt "tag" the tracks (or whatever thats called) so i have had to go back and add the album artist and track number and stuff to the files once they're in itunes, so if anyone knows of one that will transfer the file info as well that'd be great!!

Does anyone know about the avi files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:52 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Rachel wrote:

.avi files can be played with RealPlayer but if you need to convert them you should just do a search for 'avi to mp4 converter' or 'avi to wmv converter' depending on which output format you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Messs17 wrote:
Rachel wrote:

.avi files can be played with RealPlayer but if you need to convert them you should just do a search for 'avi to mp4 converter' or 'avi to wmv converter' depending on which output format you want.

I use this converter a lot to convert videos I download from YouTube, MySpace, etc...

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

aah, ok, so i cant add avi files? thats good to know, i just wanted to know either way :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:54 am 

Well, as you can see I am a full time apple user, I use MacBooks, Mac Pros(The fasted computer in the world!) MacBook Pros, Performas 6300 series, so I know a lot about apples.. :roflol:

I do not know that much about apples, but I do have the IWork kit, apple's version of the Microsoft Pack. (I view it better!!!!!!) and it has a itunes for songs, and a quick time and imovie thing for movies. I would guess you need IMovie or Quick Time to do any of the movie stuff. :>

Need graphics, guides, or tutorials? Need to advertise, chat, ask questions? Need affiliates, hits, tops sites? We got the perfect site for you! http://www.animalpalace.org/%20Animal%20Palace Animal Palace.org!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Hamsterzfinch wrote:
Well, as you can see I am a full time apple user, I use MacBooks, Mac Pros(The fasted computer in the world!) MacBook Pros, Performas 6300 series, so I know a lot about apples.. :roflol:

I do not know that much about apples, but I do have the IWork kit, apple's version of the Microsoft Pack. (I view it better!!!!!!) and it has a itunes for songs, and a quick time and imovie thing for movies. I would guess you need IMovie or Quick Time to do any of the movie stuff. :>

...You know a lot about apples but don't know that much about apples? Huh?

(Apple computers are called Macs, by the way ;) )

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Hamsterzfinch wrote:

Oh, Alex. He failed at the first hurdle; distinguishing between "Apple" & "Macintosh". I mean come on, it's like calling it a Microsoft computer.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Paul wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:
Hamsterzfinch wrote:

Oh, Alex. He failed at the first hurdle; distinguishing between "Apple" & "Macintosh". I mean come on, it's like calling it a Microsoft computer.

Well, they are run on Intel now...

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]