Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trojan horse virus - help
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

the PC has got a trojan horse virus. It had three but my brother successfully removed two of them. The other one won't remove though. We ran Norton Antivirus software and it said it can't remove, delete or even quarantine the virus. My brother kept trying and deleted it eventually, but it just came back within seconds. We don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreicated, thanks.

Also, I've just had a message from Norton Antivirus come up saying that it's found and removed a virus from the computer. I was like, okay great! But found that the virus is still here. It must just reinstate itself onto the computer. I just want it gone...

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

First, download and run Trojanhunter. It seems to catch almost all the different trojans I've run into. It's a free trial and expires in 30 days, but it's good for what you're doing now. If it continues to come back, just tell me and I can see what else I can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Urgh trojans *dies* HATE THEM! *stabs with cucumber*

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks for the advice :) Unfortunately, it didn't work. I guess this trojan was too advanced, even for that. It wasn't even a trojan really, but a downloader that kept putting loads of trojans onto the computer. We had to reformat the pc in the end, but managed to save our most important files and documents and all our music. And no virus so yay :)

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]