SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:56 pm

Excelent books, I own them all :) I enjoyed the silver chair and the last battle. But the Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe is my favorite

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:13 pm

I've only read one book and that was: The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. But I've seen that movie & Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treder (sp). They are awesome!!

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:39 pm

I've read them all, and I have a copy of each book. I haven't actually read them for quite some time, though.

Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:24 am

I have the set at home and I love them all, but especially The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I like to read them in publishing order rather than the recommended reading order. It gives it more character (in my opinion) to be able to see how the author took past elements and blended them into a new book.

CS Lewis is the author of the Chronicles of Narnia.

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:58 am

Lillie wrote:I have the set at home and I love them all, but especially The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I like to read them in publishing order rather than the recommended reading order. It gives it more character (in my opinion) to be able to see how the author took past elements and blended them into a new book.

CS Lewis is the author of the Chronicles of Narnia.

I've read them in both orders more than once, and it depends on the day which I prefer. At heart, I prefer the recommended reading order, if only because that's how I first read them, and that's the order I argued was "right" with my friend Jenn. =P

Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:09 pm

I was obsessed with those books a few years ago. They were my Harry Potter away from Harry Potter. xD

My favorite book out of all of them is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'd have loved to be on that ship with them ..

Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:21 pm

I don't remember them! But I know I've read them. I've also seen the movie for the first book (if you can call it a movie really).

Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:38 pm

Isn't there a movie being made by Disney?

Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:30 pm

I liked the Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe the best. After those I went off them a bit. Maybe that's because I never really liked The Horse And His Boy.

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:42 pm

Ammer wrote:Isn't there a movie being made by Disney?

To be released on Christmas 2005, yes. o0;

Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:52 am

Leafie wrote:

Filmed in New Zealand too :3

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:29 am

Christopher wrote:
Leafie wrote:

Someone else is making it too, but Disney came and butted in :x They're probably going to get most of the profits too.
http://www.narniaweb.com has information about the movie.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:48 am

:P I got all the series for free from Barnes & Noble in a summer reading program. ;) They didn't used to have a limit of books you could receive... 0:) So I got the entire series of that, the whole collection of some series about a magic treehouse, and the whole Wishbone series. :P

I'm currently re-reading them. I'm on The Horse and His Boy now.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:53 pm

platypus wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Leafie wrote:

Someone else is making it too, but Disney came and butted in :x They're probably going to get most of the profits too.
http://www.narniaweb.com has information about the movie.

I personally think Disney will make a decent movie out of the books. Their 'real' movies are pretty good (With the exception of PD2 and Confessions)

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:16 pm

bah disney can only make good films if they plagerize the whole thing.
case and point: the lion king, pirates of the carribean.
im a last battle guy myself, one of about three literary/filmography works that can make me cry (@the other being optimus primes death in transformers and the other one i aint tellin)
Topic locked