SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? (Split Like Pea Soup)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 am

Seven ancient wonders by Matthew Reily and no it is not a history book or anything it is an anctual story and they even based a film on it....It's fairly good but I don't like the style of writing Matthew uses. It's overly descriptive in some places and under descriptive in others

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Ethan Frome
I hate it

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:22 am

shapu wrote:Ethan Frome
I hate it

:roflol: I love the spoiler!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:35 pm

I just finished Artemis Fowl:The Atlantis Complex. Now currently reading The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume II: The Kingdom on the Waves. It's about a slave that's treated almost like a prince.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:40 am

Book of Exalted Deeds, a Dungeons & Dragons supplement from early revised 3rd edition. It's a fun read, and deals with all that is good and awesome in the heavens of the D&D world. Fun stuff, including prestige classes that give insane powers. Granted, they are also costly, because if you ever fail the path of the virtuous, you lose them forever. Shame...but nice backdrop for serious business. ;)

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Finished Half Moon Investigations bu Eoin Colfer. I really want to read the Maximum Ride manga as soon as I can.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 am

I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy over Thanksgiving (not today, I know, but I don't visit this forum that often anymore). Man, I can't believe so many of the middle schoolers in the youth group at my church have read it; no way could I have handled it at 11. It was one of the most depressing things I've ever read (right up there with transcripts from the Nuremberg Trials and a manga about the Hiroshima atomic bombing).

The last book especially gave me the same kind of emotionally drained feeling I got from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, except lacking that bit of uplifting hope at the end.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 am

My insurance card. Got into accident and needed the info on it. :P

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

I've read so many books since I last came on here but right now I'm starting one called My Last Duchess by Daisy Goodwin. It's a wonderful and truthful story so far and I do enjoy her use of language and the way she writes.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 am

I Shall Wear Midnight, the third book starring Tiffany Aching in the Discworld universe of Terry Prachett. Good stuff. Barely touched the 2nd chapter and it immediately got dark. Need to jump on that when I can, but...in the midst of trying to finish up a D&D game this weekend. Buh. :roll:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 am

My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir by smurf Van Dyke.

I'm really enjoying it. Of course, I love smurf Van Dyke.

EDIT: ROFL - Smurf smurf smurf

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm

I've finished reading Eragon and The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirezvanni.
Topic locked