SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Twilight Saga

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 am

Since I didn't see any topic on just these books and since they are now part of my "Top 5 Favorite book series I've read so far", I decided to make a thread about them.

I was finally coerced into reading these books by a classmate, and I really enjoyed them, so much so that I read two in one day!

I think it's a cute story and although some of it can be a bit predictable, she can throw in a twist or two. But, overall I think they are a good read, and I think they are books that will be talked about for some time.

What you think about Twilight?

Re: Twilight Saga

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:25 am

I have a love/hate relationship with these books. They are easy reads - nothing too deep or intense. The giggly schoolgirl side of me likes them because these books allow me to hope that chivalry is not dead, but every other part of me wants to die whenever I read about poor, defenseless Bella and her stalker boyfriend.

Make that stalker, controlling, unhealthy-relationship-promoting boyfriend. Hah!

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:06 pm

I still haven't read these, although I have the e-books. Word on the street is they're like crack.

Half my flist loves them, the other half hates them. I'll let you guess which side Fidds is on ;)

Also, if you haven't read Cleolinda's recaps, DO IT NOW.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:35 pm

I love these books for the simple reason that they are so stupid yet you cannot stop reading them.
And ditto on the Cleo recaps. They are EPIC

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Alex wrote:I still haven't read these, although I have the e-books. Word on the street is they're like crack.

Half my flist loves them, the other half hates them. I'll let you guess which side Fidds is on ;)

I think I never did thank you for linking those in the "Things PPTers would never say" thread. Or was it Moongewl? Either way, thanks for the lulz.
Last edited by Byakuya San on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

I absolutely loved some parts and absolutely hated some parts. I mean, seriously.

IMPRINTING ON RENESMEE LOL WUT.

Also, Alice is awesome and Jacob >>>>>>>> Edward.
*Runs from vampire-fanthings*

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Byakuya San wrote:
Alex wrote:I still haven't read these, although I have the e-books. Word on the street is they're like crack.

I think never did thank you for linking those in the "Things PPTers would never say" thread. Or was it Moongewl? Either way, thanks for the lulz.

Think it was me. And no problem, Cleo's hilarious and her snark needs to be shared with the world. Did you read her M15Ms?

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 pm

NO! WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION ALREADY HELENA. EDWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>JACOB!

(Ok, Jacob's awesome too)

I'm waiting for the third and fourth ones from the library, and I can't wait! I bought the first two, and I read them both in 2 days.

I can't wait to see if the author is going to publish Midnight Sun or not. I hope she does.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Alex wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

I think I never did thank you for linking those in the "Things PPTers would never say" thread. Or was it Moongewl? Either way, thanks for the lulz.

Think it was me. And no problem, Cleo's hilarious and her snark needs to be shared with the world. Did you read her M15Ms?

OMG YES. I tried telling my friends about her Phantom of the Opera one (because we had watched it in French last year) and nobody got it. Meanwhile, I was snickering away loudly in my head.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 am

I rather enjoyed Midnight Sun myself, I liked it almost more than I liked Twilight, but had it been from Edwards perspective all along I wouldn't have liked it half as much...did that just make sense?

Anyway, I never write or e-mail authors, I'm very highly tempted to write to her to encourage her to continue with Midnight Sun. I just love the idea of reading the same story from a different perspective, and it just add so much to what is going on lol.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 am

Helena wrote:
IMPRINTING ON RENESMEE LOL WUT.

Uhmm Renesmee in general!!!

Also, Jasper >>>>>>>> everyone else.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:22 am

I love them to itty bitty bits. But I freely admit that they are NOT high class literature and should never be looked at as such.

Went to a pre-release party for Breaking Dawn. My friend and I spent the entire time sitting in the Borders cafe reading and swilling coffee, lol.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 am

Regan wrote:Also, Jasper >>>>>>>> everyone else.

Jasper Hale: Making you feel all warm and fuzzy about spilling your guts.

And yeah, as much as I love the books, Cleo's recaps are epic.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:22 pm

OK, Helena, after reading the third book, Edward=Jacob. I'm not going farther.

Eclipse was so emotional! It was wicked!

When I thought Jacob died, I was almost crying.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm

I loved these books. It took me so long to start reading them because I am not a big fan of vampires... but when I finally did I couldn't put them down!

I am not too sure about Breaking Dawn though... it was... odd to me, but it ended up alright . :)

Can't wait for the movie!!
Topic locked