Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:24 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Asteroid B-612
Gender: Female
Previous Topic: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24793

I've FINALLY finished the book, and wow. Just wow. This is, by far, my favourite from the series.

It was brilliant that Hedwig died. It really put forth the idea that nobody was safe. I cried when Dobby died too. He was too sweet. I also cried when Percy joined the fight too. I always thought that he was going to come back. Bro's before... evil people :P

I too was shocked when Fred died. Out of everyone, his was definitely the hardest to swallow for me. I was somewhat sad for Crabbe, but that was short lived. I wonder what happened to the Narcissa and Lucius. Where they arrested? Forgiven? I enjoyed them in this book. I also loved Snape, though he's always been one of my favourites. As sappy as his memories were, I absolutely adored them. I also haha'd at Harry after he found out Snape's true feelings.


I have a question about religion in this book. They break for Christmas and Easter, but do they do this because this is something that Muggles do? Or is it because the wizarding world is somewhat religious? It's just something that's been nagging at me, and I'm curious to see if anyone knows. I haven't read the first two books (silly, I know) so I'm not sure if this is mentioned in them.


Image
[Manufactured by Byakuya San]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
reganlikewhoa wrote:
I have a question about religion in this book. They break for Christmas and Easter, but do they do this because this is something that Muggles do? Or is it because the wizarding world is somewhat religious? It's just something that's been nagging at me, and I'm curious to see if anyone knows. I haven't read the first two books (silly, I know) so I'm not sure if this is mentioned in them.[/size]


I think that it's more a time of family gathering than specifcally the religous aspects of it. I have friends that are athiest (I can't spell), agnostic, wiccan, and more who celebrate Christmas for the giving and recieving of gifts, the songs, and the sense of family.


Image
PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2577
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Italy
Gender: Female
Hmm, I don't know about that. At the beginning, Harry (or someone else, can't remember now) says something along the lines of "Thank God", and later
Harry carves a cross over the spot where Mad-Eye's eyeball is buried.

It surprised me as the other books were sort of religion-free, but it was an unusual book in many ways.


Image
Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:01 am
There's an article on msnbc.com that says that JKR will be writing an encyclopedia. I put the link in spoiler tags because it talks about book 7 just a bit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

A bit of the article:

In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she will most likely publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.

While Rowling hasn’t officially started writing the encyclopedia, although she’s got plenty of material from the stories left on the cutting room floor over the past 17 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: Inside my head. O_O
Asparagus Queen wrote:
There's an article on msnbc.com that says that JKR will be writing an encyclopedia. I put the link in spoiler tags because it talks about book 7 just a bit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

A bit of the article:

In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she will most likely publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.

While Rowling hasn’t officially started writing the encyclopedia, although she’s got plenty of material from the stories left on the cutting room floor over the past 17 years.


The rumor of her writing an encyclopedia have been around for a while now. I really hope she does though, and does it in depth, with family trees and everything. ^_^


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2577
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Italy
Gender: Female
I've heard about the encyclopedia too, and that makes me relieved. There's still a Potter book to count down to, then... <3


Image
Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: Inside my head. O_O
Wind wrote:
I've heard about the encyclopedia too, and that makes me relieved. There's still a Potter book to count down to, then... <3


But it prob won't be a proper story. :P


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:48 am
About 30 pages too short.
Course, my brother and sister had a go at me for "not reading between the lines" so obviously I missed the bit that told us the fate of the death eaters, the other weasleys, etc etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:34 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:18 pm
I can't figure out who the person who used magic late in life would be either.

Someone mentioned: (quoting)

I thought it was supposed to be Ariana. Though she was showing signs of magic before her trauma, she seems like the closest fit. It doesn't really take magic to mail a letter or be polite.


but I don't remember this person. Would someone please remind me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:40 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:01 am
Yeah, the encyclopedia rumor's been around a while, but this article actually quotes JKR saying there WILL be one. :) It says she doesn't know when though, because she's going to take a break first. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: Inside my head. O_O
What I'm thinking is about Georges ear. I know that the dark magic that took it of meant it couldn't ge grown back, but couldn't they sorta...magically stick a false one on?


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
Twitchy wrote:
What I'm thinking is about Georges ear. I know that the dark magic that took it of meant it couldn't ge grown back, but couldn't they sorta...magically stick a false one on?


extendable ear + permanant sticking charm, anyone? ^_^


Image
PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1506
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: Inside my head. O_O
Robin wrote:
Twitchy wrote:
What I'm thinking is about Georges ear. I know that the dark magic that took it of meant it couldn't ge grown back, but couldn't they sorta...magically stick a false one on?


extendable ear + permanant sticking charm, anyone? ^_^


Exactly what I was thinking. :P


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 1574
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: SOMEWHERE.
Gender: Male
JKR just revealed who the character who got the reprieve was!!
It was Arthur Weasley. She is also planning on making and encyclopedia for the series, so we have something else to look forward to now. See Mugglenet for details.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:55 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I thought the person who could use magic later in life was Neville. Now, don't get me wrong - I know that Neville could use magic all along - but I think the magic was that he showed that he was a true Gryffindor AND a natural leader.


Does anyone here visit Mugglenet Interactive (http://interactive.mugglenet.com/). My character is Ron and I was sorted into Hufflepuff.


ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group