Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: V for Vendetta (The Book)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or not, as it is a book, but its a comic book (though it is heavy in writing, not just one sentence per page etc)

I was just wondering if anybody else had read the comic book and wanted to discuss it, especially in contrast to the movie.

I, for one, thought the comic book was endlessly times better than the movie. I felt that in the movie, V was portrayed as a hero that had been sissied down for the movie. The Eggy in the basket was something you would never see the real V do in the comic.

I loved the fact that in the comic, V seems to be less of a protagonist, and more of a man against the idea of Facism. I also loved the way they portrayed Adam Susan, not as an evil power-hungry psycho (Like "Sutler" in the movie), but as a man with his beliefs that is to be almost pitied for his decaying mental health.

I loved the book too in the fact that everything was foreshadowed, or played on words to have two meanings that you don't usually realise until later in the book. My favourite ones (and most prominent) both featured in Chapter V of Book 3 ("The Valediction") where V shows Evey his "will" and mentions how he is cultivating a very special "Rose" for Susan.

Oh well, enough from me, I can't really discuss a book by myself without boring everybody else, so I'll pose my original questions again.

Has anybody else read the book
and
What did you think of it compared to the movie?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]