SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:56 am

I can only remember crying after reading one book: A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:46 pm

The Five People you meet in Heaven made me cry. I was actually only 10, but the man had such a sad life...and I thought the girl died.. :cry:

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 pm

AFI_Sorrow wrote:Extremley Loud and Incredibly Close by Foer is the most recent book to make me cry.
It's about a genuis little boy whose father dies in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, but his father left behind a few secrets, so he goes off and tries to find the answers to a few of them. It's beautiful and devastating at the same time.

Woah, that was the first book that came to my mind when I read the thread title. Bear in mind that I'm easily moved by books and movies (including the HP series!), and I cry a lot. But this one... tore my heart in little pieces ._.
Everyone, do yourself a favour and read it! It's wonderful ;_;

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:26 pm

So many books have made me cry, there;s probably more but these are the ones I can think of at the moment:
Black Beauty, Watership Down, Charlotte's Web, War Horse, The Little White Horse, ... o_0 okay enough of the animal books! :P

Of Mice and Men, The Wind on Fire trilogy(at the end), His Dark Materials Trilogy (sad ending!), Narnia, uhm probably HP OotP too.

Films get me too! :cry:

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:20 pm

Phkcharles wrote:Half Blood Prince.It even made me cry teh 25th time I read it.

I cried when Dumbledore died :( (Also, I don't cry much which says something.)

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm

Marley and Me I cried so hard at the end. Will never read that part of the book again.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Where the Red Fern Grows always gets me and so do The Giver and Bridge to Terabithia.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Years ago, Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, at the end. Can't think why, now.

And yes, How I Live Now, at the end, a bit.

Thu May 03, 2007 10:12 pm

I cried the first time I read Charlotte's Web, Watership Down, Hamlet, and Julius Caesar. Random, but true.

I also cry every time I read Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman I cry. I've read it at least 20 times. It's so sad on it's own, but it's really bad for me because the Lomans are exactly like my family, so the realism of it hits me very hard. :cry:

Tue May 15, 2007 8:18 pm

Magic's Price, by Mercedes Lackey.

I'd known what was going to happen since... well, the beginning of the first book in the series before this one. And I was still sobbing.

Wed May 16, 2007 10:21 pm

OotP didn't make me cry...maybe because I wasn't attached to the character that died. Magic's Price didn't make me cry; it just ticked me off, what she did to the one character. Grr!

There are a bunch of books that have made me feel emotional, but the only books that have made me cry are these:

Flowers for Algernon

Where the Red Fern Grows

An Old-Fashioned Girl

Thu May 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Two books have ever made me cry - Wenny has wings (yes its a kids book but it is really good)
and

The boy in the striped Pyjamas (that is so sad)

Anyone read any of these?

Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm

The Lottery by Beth Goobie
Feed by Matthew Tobin Anderson

Thats all I can remember right now but I am sure there are plenty more. I think I might have cried when Sirius died in the Order of the Phoenix.

Re: Books That Made You Cry (Split #1)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:59 pm

The Perks of being a Wallflower always makes me cry, because I've seen a book character so much like me that I can identify with. When I read the book it always feels like his moods at the moment are my mood too, so when he cries, I cry. When he's happy, I'm happy.

Its definately one of my all time favorite books.

Re: Books That Made You Cry (Split #1)

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:15 am

I just recently reread the Stand by Stephen King. Yep, the end of that one had my crying hard. Heck, I cried through lots of parts of that book. It is utterly brilliant. I'm in awe of Stephen King after reading the Stand. :D

I also always cry at the end of L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries (third book, not the extra fourth one she added because people were so upset about the ending of the third). I cry at the end of the Forbidden Game series too. *Julian* :)

I cry at the end of the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop... beautiful stories. :)
Topic locked