SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 am

Xela of Xandra wrote:
kcharles wrote:Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Being a major fan doesn't mean you have to have read the books loads of times- I'm absolutely, head-over-heels obsessed with HP (well, I used to be- but now that the seventh book is coming, I'm getting back into fanaticism), and can randomly blurt out obscure facts from the HP universe and such, but I've only read each book a few times- less than 4 or 5 each. :/

Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Moongewl wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:
kcharles wrote:Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Being a major fan doesn't mean you have to have read the books loads of times- I'm absolutely, head-over-heels obsessed with HP (well, I used to be- but now that the seventh book is coming, I'm getting back into fanaticism), and can randomly blurt out obscure facts from the HP universe and such, but I've only read each book a few times- less than 4 or 5 each. :/

Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

Oh, no, I realize that- I was just pointing that out. :P

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:26 am

I think I've read them all about 15 times each... I always read them in order, from Philosopher's Stone to the most recent, whenever a new movie or book is about to be released. And then I sometimes read them randomly in the holidays when I'm bored.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:37 pm

I've definitely read the early ones most. Probably combining the first 5 maybe... 20 times?
But I confess I've only read the 6th once! Not that I don't like it, I do, but just not as much and I've had other stuff to read...

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 pm

I've read them all many many times. Especially the first four. I know the first book I've read at least 50 times, probably more. Same for two and three, and very likely four. Number five is probably less, somewhere between 5-20, not sure really. And number 6 hasn't been around that long, so it's probably under 10. And I sometimes open to a random page and read from there, I used to do it more. I've read the endings to 1-4 even more than I've read the whole books. I annoy people (or at least confuse them) because I tend to spout off random, and usually obscure, references to the books as jokes. And they usually don't get it ;) I would so totally win a Harry Potter trivia contest :)

edit: ok, so I can't guarentee a win, but I'd be a tough opponent ;)

Mon May 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Well I am a very hard-core fan. I go to all the conventions, I love Mugglecast, I've read each book 50+ times for sure, seen the movies 20+ times, ect.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:04 am

SS/PS - 8
CoS - 4
PoA - 12
GoF - 2
OotP - 1.5 (I skimmed and only read the good parts the second time XD)
HBP - 1.1 (I started rereading, but I haven't gotten very far yet)
DH - ??

My HP craze sort of started to fade around GoF (partially because the book is also much longer) so I didn't really reread the books as much as I did for the earlier ones; also, my life got busier as I got older so I didn't really have time to read the same books over and over...

I really do want to try to get through the entire series straight at one point in my life simply because I think that's the best way to "catch" everything.

Re: how times have you read any of the harry potter book

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:20 am

Didn't think i was supposed to keep track, lol. I've read them many many many many many times. Probably about 20 times each? not quite sure i love them all, and can't wait for seven.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Moongewl wrote:Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

*Gives Moongewl a cookie the size of the sun*

At long last, someone else who knows about MuggleNet/Cast!!! :D I was beginning to think I was the only one!
*Ahem*
But I have read the books a lot, just finished HBP again last week...I'm probably going to a splode if JKR doesn't reveal any new info on Deathly Hallows soon.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 pm

I read up to the 3rd book when the books first came out (but I was much younger and so I didn't read carefully.) I never got around to book 4 and I had to wait for 5 and 6 anyways.

At one point I thought I'd grown out of the whole harry world, but no. I really haven't. I hold harry close to my heart. <3 (I grew up with him) I decided a few months ago that i'd read the whole series before book 7.

I just bought 5 & 6 yesterday, and i'm trying to finish them within a few days. I don't want to hear what happens once book 7 is released! I would be very disappointed :( So now I really HAVE to finish these.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 am

PS & PoA- way too many times to count (PoA is my fav and my copy of PS is almost 10 years old and very battered)
CoS- at least 3 times a yr since '98, so probably 30+ times
GoF- 20-25 times
Ootp- 13 times
HBP- 11 times

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Byakuya San wrote:
Moongewl wrote:Well, having read the books 50+ times probably qualifies you too. I'd call myself a major fan because(among other things) I check MuggleNet daily, listen to MuggleCast, philosophize about various theories, and can also recall various pieces of obscure information found within the books quickly. There's not just one qualification for "major fan."

*Gives Moongewl a cookie the size of the sun*

At long last, someone else who knows about MuggleNet/Cast!!! :D I was beginning to think I was the only one!
*Ahem*
But I have read the books a lot, just finished HBP again last week...I'm probably going to a splode if JKR doesn't reveal any new info on Deathly Hallows soon.

Go mugglenet! I was thinking the same as you San!

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:39 pm

i dont consider myself a die hard fan, but i read every book once more whenever a new book came out. I just finished the half blood prince and have now just started deathly hallows.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:48 am

I really read the later books much more often. I love CoS but I prefer HBP and DH.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:14 pm

If you guys, uhm...want to try a different series, Try Emile Zola's Germinal! It's just like Harry Potter, except it's about hereditary traits and eugenics, involving such wonderful topics as; Alcoholism! Suicide! Mining! Incest!

Far better than JK's next thriller; 'Harry Potter & The Mystery of the Seven Relatively Identical Books'
Topic locked