SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:01 pm

I read all the books whenever a new book comes out, which means I've read
book 1: 6 times
book 2:five times
book 3:four times
book 4:three times
book 5:twice
book 6:once

Harry Potter

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:45 am

I'm not sure but i know I read every single book again when a harry potter movie comes out so i know what parts they miss out.Don't ask me why I don't know.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Ammer wrote:Once.

I don't really like re-reading books. It just, doesn't appeal to me.

Same. I'll read a book and go "omgz this is amazing" and MAYBE read it again if it's complex and I feel that I need to read it again to better understand it (which is why I have read the HP books more than a few times), but for the most part, I don't re-read. I tend to just go and read another book.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:30 pm

No idea, really. Probably more than a few and less than a lot.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:32 pm

At an educated guess...

1: Once.
2: Once.
3: Once.
4: Five / Six times.
5: Four / Five.
6: Three /four.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:44 am

I've never read any of them. Perhaps over the summer I'll attempt to start the series. Until then, I have no time to read for fun.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:08 am

I've read the first two books twice, and all of the others ones three times. :)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:28 am

1-4: about 4 or 5 each
5: 3
6: 2

Im planning on re-reading all of them this summer, along with all of my other favorite books.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:17 pm

Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:54 pm

kcharles wrote:Now,I've read then all 50+ times!I'm a major fan.

Being a major fan doesn't mean you have to have read the books loads of times- I'm absolutely, head-over-heels obsessed with HP (well, I used to be- but now that the seventh book is coming, I'm getting back into fanaticism), and can randomly blurt out obscure facts from the HP universe and such, but I've only read each book a few times- less than 4 or 5 each. :/

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:24 pm

None.
Go ahead, throw stones through my window.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:56 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:None.

Why not? oO

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Around 40 each. I usually read one before going to bed. They're the only books I can read over and over and over and not get the least bit sick of. I also enjoy going back through to notice plot subtleties, try to pick up on foreshadowing, and find evidence to support some of my nerdy book 7 theories.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:52 pm

Xela of Xandra wrote:

Why not? oO

*shrug*
Never really had an interest.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:45 am

Go ahead, throw stones through my window.

Same answer.
Topic locked