Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Atamand wrote:
I'm sorry to say it, but I could never get into th Lord of the Rings books. I'm all for detail, but there's a point at which enough description is enough.

Yeah, I hate when there's giant blocks of descriptions in books. I usually just skip right over them. And all the freakin songs, too :P

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

hahaha, I totally agree and do the exact same. I LOVE Lord of the Rings, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I would have to say that the book I hate the most is Splinter Cell.

I loved LOTR, though. I love reading the details. It adds to the experience. The writer and editor wouldn't leave it in if it was useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Zero! wrote:
*points up* STALKING YOU

AND I ALSO CONCUR WITH YOUR STATEMENT! My mom is all like "lol finish reading the hobbit k" and I'm all like "No it's boring :C".

My mom is the same- she's a huge LotR fan (well, ever since I made her get the second movie on DVD, anyway. She watched it then immediately bought a copy of all of the books and has been a fangirl ever since) and is always trying to get me to finish reading the series. I read the entirety of FotR a few years ago, and it wasn't bad, but I've never been able to finish TTT- good god that book is boring. And I tried to start The Hobbit, but again, boring. ...Though I do like the movies. :P

I find that I hate most so-called classics. I'm a defective literary fangirl. :(

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Zero! wrote:
My mom is all like "lol finish reading the hobbit k" and I'm all like "No it's boring :C".

My mom is the same, except with The Da Vinci Code. I got to about page 26 and then I realized it was too boring and stupid to continue and I was going to fall asleep. She's still bugging me to finish it, though. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sugarinii wrote:
Zero! wrote:
My mom is all like "lol finish reading the hobbit k" and I'm all like "No it's boring :C".

My mom is the same, except with The Da Vinci Code. I got to about page 26 and then I realized it was too boring and stupid to continue and I was going to fall asleep. She's still bugging me to finish it, though. >.<

I loved the Da Vinci Code as a work of fiction. It was very good for its genre, if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ryan.riverside wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
Zero! wrote:

I loved the Da Vinci Code as a work of fiction. It was very good for its genre, if you ask me.

If you ask me it's just rubbish whatever you rate it against. Horribly written garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
ryan.riverside wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
Zero! wrote:

If you ask me it's just rubbish whatever you rate it against. Horribly written garbage.

:cry: That makes me sad :cry: We are on the hateration thread, though, so I should not be surprised.

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

At first when I saw this thread immediately I thought:
Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson.
I absolutely, completely and utterly DESPISED that book, I couldn't get past the first chapter. *gag*

Then while reading it, some others came to me.
Da Vinci Code - Maybe I'm not allowed to air my opinion on this seeing as how I never read it, but the topic just put me off.

David Copperfield - Had to read it for English, it's like LotR without the fantasy and interesting bits.

Then there was this book who's name I can't remember, but all the dialogue in it is Afrikaans directly translated into English.... to give it a more Afrikaans feel or something. Being Afrikaans you cannot IMAGINE how annoying this was.

The Well of Echoes by Ian Irvine - The first book Geomancer was alright, but here by the second book, Tetarch, when the heroine of the story becomes paralyzed and manic depressive and lives with some weird nearly immortal wizard who has never had sex and is starting to wonder about it and messes mustard all over himself the WHOLE TIME. Yeah...

Edit: Oh and of course Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:02 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ammer wrote:
The Great Gatsby

I wanted to grab Gatsby by the throat, and smack the crap out of him until he stopped saying "Old sport". Say it one more time Gatsby, I DARE YOU!

Seriously. I didn't get that book at all. The Hobbit sucked, especially the bit about the neverending tea party in the beginning. I had to read The House on Mango Street for English last year. That was pretty much the most stupid book ever. And the main character smehow relates rape to red clowns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

the only book i didn't like readin was "Painted House" by john grisham..it doesn't sound like his material and it suuucckkked. but i did try to finish it so i got almost to the last chapter and it didn't do anything they said they would on the back cover.
this is what i got out of it..everyday the kid will wake up and pick cotton and describe it everyday. now im not hater in description just not when it gets repeated constantly..and by the time the book ends i should have at least got in the middle of the story!

i came across other ones i didn't like but never went more then the first chapter..i know if i will like it or not by then.

Not everyone can be heros, somebody has to sit at the curb and clap as they go by...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

darkfire wrote:
At first when I saw this thread immediately I thought:
Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson.
I absolutely, completely and utterly DESPISED that book, I couldn't get past the first chapter. *gag*

Lucky. I got to the third chapter or so, and, well, POV antiheroes are one thing, but POV rapists with no visible redeeming qualities... yeah. Also, the names.

Although if someone can do a good fantasy novel starring a leper, that would rock.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

NeoPet_online wrote:
A Child Called It

I'm sorry but I never liked it.

Me too. Heard it's "touching" and "guaranteed to draw a tear", but I find it bland and boring. Dave Whatever is a horrible writer, IMHO.

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Anything by Cornelia Funke

Really? I liked Inkheart and Inkspell. My mum is trying to make me read Dragon Rider, but it looks like a ten-years-old's book to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:27 am 

Mists of Avalon

Some book I was starting to read for a report, 500 pages with teeny tiny type. Ugggghhhh, gave up after the first 20 pages because it took nearly and hour or two just for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Cold Sassy Farm.

The very title sends shivers down my back.

Close second? The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Despite what the NaNo handbook would say, no plot IS a problem.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next