Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I started quie early. Around 3-ish.....

I remember when I was about...4/5/6 I was at nursery and they were sending me home witht hose books that have like three words on each page...I left them in my book bag and continued with my narnia. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twitchy wrote:
I started quie early. Around 3-ish.....

I remember when I was about...4/5/6 I was at nursery and they were sending me home witht hose books that have like three words on each page...I left them in my book bag and continued with my narnia. :P
Me too.<3 Sicily <3

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Three. I was reading chapter books at 4 and was a college reading level in 3rd grade. Since I was a baby, my dad would read The Hobbit and LotR to me before bed and run his fingers under the words.

Yes, I was a huge nerd. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I was about two and a half, almost three. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Well, what with all of the apparent child prodigies here, the competition for 'youngest (aka apparently the SMARTEST/COOLEST OF THEM ALL)' is fairly tough, but I have no worries, I can easily beat you all.

Why, you say? Did I start reading when I was two? No, in fact:

I started reading in the womb.

:)

no, not really, I was 6 and in first grade. But you have to admit, it's kind of...interesting... that every single person, with the exception of only a few, on this thread claims to have started reading as a toddler. Of course, the thread started out with the general trend being a little younger than usual, but as it's progressed, the age people started reading has gotten smaller and smaller... :roll:

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ha, like I remember.

Honestly, how you people know this, I have no idea. XD

It was pretty young, I think, I loved reading, but I don't know an exact age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yeah I'm smelling something unpleasant around this thread. :roll:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I mentioned this to one of my friends last night, actually. She reminded me that people on the internet feel the need to boast. It's the internet version of muscle-flexing: whoever appears to have the biggest, juiciest brain "wins" something or other. Since no one gets hurt by brain-flexing, she suggested I let it pass.
There's also the fact that people who like to read tended to learn at a young age, and would therefore know what age they learned to read off the top of their heads. People who learned later would not consider it noteworthy, and also wouldn't jump at the chance to say they learned at an average age or later.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Moongewl wrote:
I mentioned this to one of my friends last night, actually. She reminded me that people on the internet feel the need to boast. It's the internet version of muscle-flexing: whoever appears to have the biggest, juiciest brain "wins" something or other. Since no one gets hurt by brain-flexing, she suggested I let it pass.
There's also the fact that people who like to read tended to learn at a young age, and would therefore know what age they learned to read off the top of their heads. People who learned later would not consider it noteworthy, and also wouldn't jump at the chance to say they learned at an average age or later.

Its often called an "e-penis". I dunno what the female equivelant is. E-bust? E-bum? E-waist?

I suppose it depends what culture you're from. Typically, those of african/african-american descent would regard ample buttocks, and often, ample breasts, as being something attractive an desirable. The latter is often true of causasians, and a pleasant behind is also something we're a fan of, in many cases. An e-waist is perhaps more debatable, because it means many things to different people. Someone who aspires to the kate moss look would probably think a very skinny waist was attractive

-removed-

Whereas many people would see a larger waist as more desirable.

Anyway, that's fairly irrellevant.

The fact is, PPT is a website populated largely by young people, and as a result, immature people. Now I know everyone will be quick to cry "But im so mature, I was counselling pregnant teenage mothers when I was 6!", but this is just a reflection of the immaturity.

For the young'uns, everything is a competition. That's why X has seen more ghosts than Y, why Q has more strange double-joints and medical conditions than P, and why G has slightly more advanced psychic powers than I do. Its just the way I suppose.

However, the fact is that when you are two and half, and even up to when you're 5-6 or 7, your sense of memory isnt perfect. Sure, you can remember a few things, but much of your memory is incorrect or indeed fake. You ever been told a story so many times you actually remember it as if you were there? Hmm.

Every parent would like their child to start reading at the same time they start learning to walk, and every parent knows their child would feel alot of pride at having learned to read at a very young age. The astute amongst you will see where I'm going.

So. I'm not saying everyone is lying, or blah blah blah whatever. The fact is, kids, that when you first learnt to read doesnt mean jack. So what if X started driving when he was 9, he still doesnt indicate, tailgates and drives carelessly. Its what you can do NOW that matters, not how early you started. Tsk.

I dunno when I learnt to read competently, and frankly, I don't care.

Runedit: The image you posted was a bit inappropriate for the forums, please keep it around PG-13 next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

About three weeks before conception.

Okay, no. Somewhere in the 3-4 range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bambam wrote:
I suppose it depends what culture you're from. Typically, those of african/african-american descent would regard ample buttocks, and often, ample breasts, as being something attractive an desirable. The latter is often true of causasians, and a pleasant behind is also something we're a fan of, in many cases. An e-waist is perhaps more debatable, because it means many things to different people. Someone who aspires to the kate moss look would probably think a very skinny waist was attractive

-removed-

Whereas many people would see a larger waist as more desirable.

I beg to differ on the waist point:

New Scientist wrote:
Written texts of all ages have the same drift when it comes to the midriff - they consistently describe women’s thin waists as attractive. The conclusion comes from an analysis of British, Indian and Chinese texts dating as far back as the first century AD. According to the researchers, the finding supports the idea that we are hardwired to prefer slender waists, which are linked to good health and fertility.

Full Article Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

So you're saying many people don't find a larger waist attractive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm merely quoting what has been discovered from research - as the end of the article states:

Quote:
celebrations of thick waists are very much the exception, not the rule

It isn't a cultural influence that determines whether someone finds a slim of thick waist attractive, but an individual one - you implied it was a cultural one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moongewl wrote:

I learned to read when I started school, which I think I said before. Big deal innit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

My parents did read things like LOTR and etc to me, but I didn't start reading until I was about 3-4 years, and I haven't stopped! XD

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next