Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac/Squee!/I Feel Sick/Etc...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Anyone else read Jhonen Vasquez's brilliant graphic novels? Jhonen Vasquez, of course, the creator of Invader ZIM which I'm sure at least a few of you are familiar with. xP Mods, feel free to smack me if JtHM is too violent to discuss here (brutally murdering an entire café full of people whilst listening to "Ode to Joy" might be considered just a little racy, if absolutely hilarious in a twisted sort of way :D).
-Snuggles Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors lovingly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I love JTHM. Actually, that Ode to Joy one was my favourite. I stole my friend's Director's Cut and loved it so much that I went out and bought my own.

I haven't yet read any of Jhonen's other work, but I'd really like to. The Squee collection will be in my next Amazon.com order, and the anticipation is killing (haha) me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm just the opposite -- I just got the Squee book the other day and now the JtHM Director's Cut is my next purchase. My brother lent me Issue #3 last night and the café one is my favorite so far, too xD. And the one where he saves Squee.
I love all of Jhonen's random side-notes throughout the comics -- "Bethoven generally has this effect on people". xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah, yes. The commentary is great. "Stupid people: please remember that this is not a source of moral guidance (THAT WOULD BE MOVIES.)"

And my all-time favourite comic panel is the one where Johnny and Devi are talking, and being all "you make me happy" - and they're sitting on opposite arms of the sofa. It makes me go "aww..." every time. :)

If you haven't read those yet... well, you will soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:39 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yah, I haven't read that one yet -- like I said, only issue #3. My Director's Cut SHOULD be coming soon...
I'm pretty sure we're the only ones in all of PPT that've read them. xDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, it does take a certain type. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have all of the JtHM books, but I never got to read Squeep the way through. He was my favorite character, though. So cute! ><
I always wanted to read I Feel Sick as well. I do have the all standard Spooky doll, though. Oh, I have the Filler Bunny as well. Go me!

Did you ever read Lenore? Another Slavelabor Graphic Novel. Roman Dirge. He was fairly entertaining as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love Vasquez's stuff, my favorite that I have read is filler bunny(yeah I know I'm sick), I'm actually looking for the Bad Art Collection now.

I also like roman Dirge's lenore and have also been reading the Haunted Mansion graphic novels being done by multiple people from SLG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:04 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

If you bought the Director's Cut you should be careful of the binding. It falls apart easily. It's so nice to see other people reading this type of thing. :hug: Does anyone know where I can find I Feel Sick?

Why do I post? Because it sends the thread to the top of the page. I LIKE THAT POWER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Earthstar wrote:
If you bought the Director's Cut you should be careful of the binding. It falls apart easily. It's so nice to see other people reading this type of thing. :hug: Does anyone know where I can find I Feel Sick?

I just bought I Feel Sick from eBay 'cause they don't have it at Amazon. And I've actually gone through two Director's Cuts so far x-x I gotta get a hardcover, or maybe just get a set of the issues.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]