Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Maryann wrote:
I'm trying to get through A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I'm finding it really hard to get past the first ten chapters. I keep stopping and having to re-read again to figure out what's happening. o_0

"A Tale of Two Cities" was one of the worst books I have ever read. I can't stand reading books by authors that take one sentence and turn it into an entire page. It's too much work. Reading is supposed to be enjoyable. Good luck getting through it. It is actually an interesting story, but only if told through comic book form as my high school English teacher did when we read it.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:17 pm 

Bangel wrote:
Redwall and the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe series.

[rant]BLASPHEMY![/rant]

I Hated:

-The Scarlet Letter-

-Ulysses- (IF ANYONE CAN MAKE SENSE OF THIS BOOK, LET ME KNOW.)

-LOTR Trilogy- (Give me Harry Potter Anyday.)

NekoEdit: Please don't double post :), thanks.

~Current Goal~
Save up 1.75 mil NP to buy Royal Paint Brush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
SpiraLethe wrote:
Practically everything I've ever read for class, including such works as: The Grapes of Wrath, The Jungle, The Age of Innocence, Babbit, etc.

The Jungle? *shudders* I HATED that book. Also on my HATED list are "My Antonia", "A Seperate Peace" and "The Scarlett Letter"

I'm gonna be different and say I LIKED Jane Eyre. Of course, I love any romance, from old-wolrdly stuff like Jane Eyre to X-Rated Drugstore Paperbacks that I probably can't discuss here :P

PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:39 am 

Robin wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
Practically everything I've ever read for class, including such works as: The Grapes of Wrath, The Jungle, The Age of Innocence, Babbit, etc.

The Jungle? *shudders* I HATED that book. Also on my HATED list are "My Antonia", "A Seperate Peace" and "The Scarlett Letter"

I'm gonna be different and say I LIKED Jane Eyre. Of course, I love any romance, from old-wolrdly stuff like Jane Eyre to X-Rated Drugstore Paperbacks that I probably can't discuss here :P

I loved Jane Eyre. And I'm probably with you on the paperbacks. (My secret shame) ;)

~Current Goal~
Save up 1.75 mil NP to buy Royal Paint Brush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Books I disliked (hate is such a strong word...):

Wuthering Heights (could NOT get through that book...sooo depressing.)
Little Women (read the whole thing, wasn't affected in any way. I just don't understand what's so great about it.)

I actually like most books I read, and I don't mind long and winded stories. That much.

*How can you guys dislike Jane Eyre?? (that's my favorite book ever! but maybe just because I love romance-y and sentimental stuff.) Great Expectations was also awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Harry Potter's 5 and 6. The first three I loved, the 4th was ok, but the 5th and 6th were just so amazingly dull.

Notes from a liar and her dog. I got halfway through it and stopped. But it was one of the nominees for this book award and I wanted to read all thirty, so I tried to make myself read it. I started back at the beginning but then I just couldn't get through it, so I had to pick up where I'd stopped before. I don't really remember the plot, except it had something to do with a dog and a zoo and taping lunch to her stomache, but if I remember right the plot itself wasn't all that bad, I just couldn't get through the book.

Dreamland. I got halfway through before realising: Why am I reading this? I don't really want to read a book about some girl and her pothead boyfriend.
And then I got all depressed because of reading stupid books, and had to go reread the Lioness series(12th time).
Its weird because I loved some of Sarah Dessen's other books(namely the truth about forever and keeping the moon), but this one I hated.

The young unicorns. I just couldn't get through it. I tried, because I really like all of her other books that I read, including some in the same series, but I just couldn't get through it.

Of Mice and Men. Read the whole thing, because I had to for english class, but didn't like it. I think in general I don't like books set in that time period.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

In The Heat of the Night, by John Ball.

I had to read it in English class earlier this year. It was written in the 60s and set in some tiny town in Georgia...all I remember is that is was horribly tedious.

Though it was very useful whenever I had trouble sleeping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Choke. I was really excited when I bought it, but I couldn't even get through the first three chapters. I wish I'd bother to read the first chapter or so before wasting money on it. :/ It's collecting dust on my shelf.

Post subject: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:21 am 

I might like watching Harry potter movies, but I hate the books

It's just that I ccan read them on my level.I'm in grade 4.It's just that usually it takes so long that I keep fogetting where I left off.The bookmark is really fine but I dont always end at the end of a page soI always get lost.

Nepia Rules all the way!

Accepting battle invites to Gugley_1 IF it is fair meaning 2 or levels or HP away.Please rate my lookup.My Username is wackier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Falling Leaves and i can't even remember who is is by anymore. i still have it, had to read it for English.

the first half is reasonably ok, but mostly its a self pity trip which just frustrates me.

funnily enough i got 87% on the essay, and i didn't bother reading the book (because i swapped from lit, everyone lent me notes since the essay was in a weeks time). when i decided to read it for the exams..

no book should hurt the reader so by tormenting them in the anguish that is really badly written self pity...

and i found out later that originally we were supposed to study to kill a mockingbird but that they swapped it to the year below us instead..

the first decent english book my school set, and we didn't get to study it!! :x we were always so jipped with english books, we complained so much in 9th grade they changed the books to something better :) (but we didn't get to benefit..:()

anyway thats one that really annoyed me because, even though i didn't like it, i had to read it, every, last, excruciating, page..

and i also don't like any harry potter book that comes after book 4... and i don't expect the 7th to be much of an improvement, so its been grouped with the others. how can you come back from killing one of my favorite characters like that? (book 6) book 5 i could tolerate, but book 6 just ruined it ALL

i like LOTRs, and especially the simarillion, but reading wuthering hieghts put me off reading classics for about 3 years. *shudders*

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Jane Eyre.

I'm sure it's very good, but it's also very booooooooorrrrrrring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, why do you think I kept reading past the fifth book? Revenge. Of course, now Harry is cool enough that I have plenty of other reasons to be interested in it.

But if you subscribe to that annoying conspiracy theory, you're denied even that with the sixth book.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The Pearl by John Steinbeck

It was on my "don't like it but it's all right I guess" list, but now that I have to write an essay on it and am completely blanking, I oficially hate it.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:55 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Even though everyone seems to love it, I didn't. It seemed sort of pointless and didn't give any good descriptions. How can you like characters when you only check in on them once a year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

War and Peace, many of the themes concerning the behaviour of the genders, *cough* females *cough* especially are highly outdated, thus making the storyline quite unattractive.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next