Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I was reading a 700 page Spider Man comic the other day at Barns and Nobles. Too bad it was going for $49.

In other news, I've been trying to find the graphic novels of Sonic the Comic (the UK comic, not the Archie one. Although, I wish a graphic novel for that would be released.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exiles vol. 2: A World Apart

This was good. :) In the first story, they had to help Wolverine and his group of Candian superheros called Alpha Flight capture The Hunk. Then there was a short story about their dreams and a couple characters got closer. ;) In the third story, they were warped to a reality that they had to save from Galactus. That was neat. It started as all the mutants of Earth were enslaved in gladiator style fights by the Skrull when they took over. Then Galactus comes and they have to stop him. Unfortunately, they have to leave someone behind, but Sasquatch joins the group. She's a Canadian scientist. Lastly, there's a story that happens on one of their rare breaks that was mentioned earlier in the book. Four of the group want to go "au natural" at the beach, so Sunfire reluctantly keeps Morph busy elsewhere so he doesn't cause a ruckus. Sunfire and Morph get back at the rest of the team, though. lol :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:59 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just read Teen Titans Go! 1.

My little sister can have it. I guess Teen Titans isn't my thing. :\

<center>Image
she'samaneater
setbybluez</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:04 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm re-reading Watchmen. I love that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Adoration wrote:
I just read Teen Titans Go! 1.

My little sister can have it. I guess Teen Titans isn't my thing. :\

I might start reading TT is they go through with that Red X series that has been rumored for a year now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exiles vol. 3: Out of Time

In this volume, the Exiles team has to work together with another reality travelling team called Weapon X. It seems the Exiles handle the "nicer" duties and Weapon X handles the dirtier things. There is a meeting between old friends that ends a bit sad, but it's good. Then they have to help Dr. Doom against Namor from Atlantis. After that, Morph is kidnapped by Mojo and made to perform in a tv show. That's an odd story. lol There's also some back story on Calvin/Mimic, who is starting to crack under the pressure, and also back story on the relationship between Nocturne and Thunderbird. That was really sad. :( They also travel to a world where a large part of the population of the western United States has been turned into lizard creatures because of Dr. Curtis Conners. That doesn't end too well, either, and pushes Mimic further. All in all, it was a good book. :)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Sandman Vol. 2: The Doll's House. Amazing. So much better than the first. I heart Neil Gaiman and I eagerly await to when I can get my hands on the next volume of this highly proclaimed series.

Man, but I was so slow though. "Oh I get it! Cereal Convention! AH HA HA HA! Ha."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exiles vol. 4: Legacy

This was a neat volume. In the first part, the Exiles warp to a world that has been ravaged by the mutant-killing Legacy Virus. The Exiles have to help the remaining mutants create a vaccine, but they have to fight some of the strongest infected mutants and super-beings known to do it. One of the original team is sent home and is replaced by Illyana Rasputin/Magik, Collossus's little sister. Illyana has a bit of an attitude problem and doesn't get along well with the rest of the group. Then they enter a world ruled by Iron Man/Tony Stark and he's not good. They have to stop him from harnessing the power of the Inhumans. Weapon X shows up again and seem to have a similar objective, but go about things far differently. It's sad how Black Bolt (the leader of the Inhumans) along with his wife, Susan Richards, resolve the situation, but it does solve things. This was a good volume. :)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm reading "The House of M".
Its great so far

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exiles vol. 5: Unnatural Instincts

This volume was written by a different author and not as good as others, in my opinion. The Exiles have a new leader. The first story is a bit odd. They have to stop the Avengers from assisting Silver Samurai in Japan, who is being attacked by Moses Magnum and Namorita (she's from Atlantis). Illyana secretly goes against the team to complete the mission. It doesn't really resolve, though. Then they warp to the world of the Uncanny X-Men. Something odd happens to Havok and the Exiles have to save two little boys from a rampage when he turns bad. They also have a run in with a pack of wolf mutants. This story is odd in places and interesting in others. T.J./Nocturne got to meet a younger version of her dad, Nightcrawler, and spend some time with him. Illyana gave her sword to Archangel and got a new one. There is a short at the end that crosses over with X-Men Unlimited that is interesting. A young Peter Parker befriends a spider demon. Blink and Nocturne team up with Wolverine to help him out. I would have liked to see more of that story, but it was only a short.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I read 'alternative' or 'indy' comics/graphic novels. None of that superhero mush, thank you!

Last one I read was Embroderies by Marjane Satrapi.. Which wasnt bad, although not as good as her Persepolis series.

I also have a number on order - the latest Acme Novelty Library by Chris Ware, Perfect Example by John Porcellino and the Complete Peanuts 1955-58 by Schulz.

I doubt anybody here will recognise any of those names except the last.

It was totally Spira's idea!

Post subject: Calvin and Hobbes!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:43 am 

I love calvin and hobbes... wickedly funny and poignant...brings back fond memories of childhood and all it entails.

spectacular! spectacular!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Terry Pratchett's The Light Fantastic - The Graphic Novel for the 200th time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

JTHM #3. Again. :D

I know, I know, I'm a bad person. But it's great. Jhonen Vasquez is quite possibly one of the funniest people alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

melmite wrote:
Terry Pratchett's The Light Fantastic - The Graphic Novel for the 200th time.

Excellent, almost as many as me then.
I'll probably read that and The Colour of Magic again, after my 2nd read thru of THUD!

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next