Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: First Anime/Manga?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm a little suprised this hasn't been asked yet.
What's the first anime/manga that got you into the fandom?
My first manga was Oh My Goddess (Aa! Megami-sama!), and first anime was Cowboy Bebop (I think...Might actually also have been Oh My Goddess... *scratches head*).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
The first manga I ever bought was Kare Kano. I have no idea why, I just thought it looked cute and decided to buy it. (Plus, everyone needs a bit of romantic comedy in their life.)
The first anime I ever got into wat probably either .hack//sign or Rurouni Kenshin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hrrm...my first manga was Ranma 1/2 volume 2...I saw a girl in my English class reading it and asked if I could borrow it.

My first anime was Spirited Away^^ If that technically doesn't count because it's a movie, then my first anime was Shaman King.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, the first anime I really watched (and became obsessed with :P) was Yu Yu Hakusho. I saw some anime before that but...I was little and didn't even know what anime was, so that doesn't count. The first manga I read was Pokemon, which I bought when when I was about 6 years old.

Set by Dragonfire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hm...my first anime was Totoro, followed closely by Sailor Moon. First manga...hm...probably Card Captor Sakura. I don't remember very well when I got into comics, but I've got a few of those chapter-only small comic stacks somewhere on my bookcase.

Time stops for no one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I didn't know they were anime at the time, but a few of those Nick Jr. cartoons were probably my first (eg: The Adventures of Little Koala, The Brothers Grimm Fairytale Classics, etc). The first anime I watched and knew it was anime was Sailor Moon. The first manga I read was Dragon Ball.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
First thing was likely Voltron (somewhere I think I still have an old die-cast figure) and then later offically was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball. First Manga was Galaxy Express 999 (serialized in Animerica)

SpiraLethe wrote:
I didn't know they were anime at the time, but a few of those Nick Jr. cartoons were probably my first (eg: The Adventures of Little Koala, The Brothers Grimm Fairytale Classics, etc).

I remember those ... makes me feel all nostalgic :D

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has to be Akira. I saw it on late-night TV in the early 90s. I watched all the usual quasi-anime stuff when I was a kid ( Transformers, thundercats, pole position etc ), but I'll go with Akira anyway. Its still one of my favourite movies of all time.

Incidently, Akira was voted 16th greatest "cartoon" ever in a recent British poll :) Other winners were Spirited Away which came 8th, Princess Mononoke which came 21st, and ( suprisingly in my eyes :roll: ) -removed- at number 72.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Transformers is quasi-anime? Whoa..

Probably Sailor Moon somewhere around JK or SK.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

First Manga -- haven't read one yet...

As for first anime, I think it would be Pokémon or Dragon Balls.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

My first anime was Bush Babies (it has another name, but I only remember it as Bush Babies). About this girl and these little lemur things, I loved that show. I can't find it anywhere though ;_; It was followed closely by Totoro, then Sailor Moon.

I don't remember my first manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Runevalkyrie wrote:
First thing was likely Voltron (somewhere I think I still have an old die-cast figure) and then later offically was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball. First Manga was Galaxy Express 999 (serialized in Animerica)

I totally forgot about Voltron and Speed Racer. I wonder if I saw those before Sailor Moon. Regardless, I didn't know they were Japanese back then. But if Transformers count, then that'd definitely count as my first anime ever. I used to know the theme in Chinese. :oops:

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:58 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
First anime was probably Speed Racer or Voltron (if those count). If not, the probably Sailor Moon? It's been such a long time, I don't really remember.

As for manga, I didn't start reading any until a year or so ago, maybe two (I have a horrible perception of time...), when the first Naruto manga was released. That was my first manga, I believe.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

As a child of the 80s, I used to wake up at 5:30am to watch Voltron every morning (and some other show that was set in space...oddly enough, I think it was an anime as well). But, I didn't know what anime was when I was 5. I first heard of anime when I discovered Speed Racer reruns on Cartoon Network back in '97. But while I found it to be amusing, it wasn't my true beginning. In July of '97, I happened across Sailor Moon showing on the USA Network. Our foreign exchange student flipped out (she used to watch the show in France) and thus my obsession with anime began. By winter of '98 I had already graduated from dubbed SM to fansubbed, and by the following summer I had greatly expanded my anime interests.

It's nearly 8 years later, and I'm still going strong. ^_^v My anime obsession has definitely surpassed my Star Wars fanaticism in recent years.

Edit: Oops, forgot about manga! ^_^ I'm not as into it as many others, mainly due to not knowing where to get it (in Japanese that is...and the English is so pricy). Although I do have most of the Sailor Moon manga in French, picked them up when I was in Paris in '98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hm. The first anime I actually liked would probably be Yu Yu Hakusho, but now Naruto has gotten me more obsessed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next