Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg, you never answered my question as to why Base's analogy was "unwise/not very good".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Igg, while you're answering naniwai's question just know that I am currently taking my hat off to you. As a scrawny little theatre student with knowledge of your field hockeying past, I think we can officially proclaim that you could easily kick my arse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:43 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Igg wrote:
Field Hockey is vicious boy, vicious.

We have shorts under the skirts. It's the safest way to be, especially with a field like ours. And lord was I glad of it when I *accidentally* felled a rather large girl with my hockey stick.

I would never want to play a girl in sports, they are also so much for vicious then guys are. You'd know this if you watched womans hockey on the olympics...

I'm an old member, back in the day, I use to rule the battledome board use to post on everything and be everywhere, I was popular back then. Now I'm a nobody, forgotten in the wind. Poor me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
Indeed. And getting whacked in the tits absolutely knackers.

Base, your white/black people segregation comparison is unwise/not very good.

I bet i can say 'tits' and get a strike faster than you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Skullsplitter wrote:
Igg wrote:

Especially since Igg is a mod.

And also an equivocator. <--vocab word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Naniwai wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:
Igg wrote:

Especially since Igg is a mod.

And also an equivocator. <--vocab word!

Or because, the point I believe was trying to be made, he is male.

The culture we're looking at here has a hard time dealing with the concept of half the population having breasts. For an administrator to come right out and say, "It will hurt if you are hit in your... feminine parts" seems wrong and is just asking for a lawsuit so he simply says "No." The principal seems to be of the school of thought that clearly anytime a man mentions a person's boobs, no matter how much logic is involved, it is sexual harrassment.

I've said it before, but these people just don't seem to be able to have the presence of mind to talk about these problems in a socially acceptable matter. They are uncomfortable and can not get into the head space to deal with the problem. I still say that the best option for Base is to try to get attention to the situation so people with a more rational state of mind can try to shame those with closed minds to see the error of their ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
ok, this is backtracking a bit ( I just found the thread ;p) but in reference to that whole girls can't wrestle guys smurfiness (self-editing ;)) Local papers roughly two weeks ago the front of the sports page had a guy faceplanted in the mats by a girl. Appearantly the home team had female 105 and 125lb wrestlers ( i think) and both humiliated the male wrestlers of the same class, one pinned in under 2 min, the other in under 1 minute. So the whole girls can't hold against guys is more myth than fact (in my opinion). A well trained girl has just as much place on the mats as a guy if she proves she can be there.

[/rant]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Igg wrote:

Wait a minute, why is that less of a problem if I'm wrestling girls? And I bet it would hurt more to be a boy who gets hit in the groin.

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Base wrote:
Igg wrote:

Wait a minute, why is that less of a problem if I'm wrestling girls? And I bet it would hurt more to be a boy who gets hit in the groin.

Agreed. Girls are better off in that respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:09 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Backtracking...
A girl should be able to face a guy. Sheesh. I am 120 pounds, very strong, and I know alot of girls who could kick my smurf (another word taken harshly by society). Like, come on, schools say kids are sexist when girls aren't playing boys in lunchhour sports, then they turn around and stop girls and guys from facing off in wrestling. And give girls easier times for track. Damn them.

---Ghostrider---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Situations like this annoy me. If you know the risks, and you know the situations you could get into, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to wrestle with the boys. If you join knowing you could get hurt and knowing you have a disadvantage, then I think you deserve to wrestle. If you get hurt- tough cookies. Get back up or quit. If you don't, then good for you. If you know the fact and the risks and are willing to do it... then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You should go for it :)

It makes me angry sometimes people think it's wrong to be on a boys team, but that's beacuse there's no girls team. You should totally go for it if you like it. Good luck! :)

signature by WIS! :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ok this might be out of place 'cause I only read the first post of this topic, but...

There's a wrestling team at my school and, being a good wrestler (I get TONS of informal practice) I decided to try out. Totally unheard of. I showed up and the gym teacher (WAAAAAY sexist, total jerk) told me I couldn't try out 'cause I was a girl. We had this big huge debate about how I couldn't join 'cause I was a girl and I couldn't wrestle boys and all that. But I won, eventually, and made the team. I had to quit after the first match, but it was fun just to prove that I cold do it.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not saying that some individuals can't do it, but you have to make general decisions with regards to these things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't think general decisions should be made. If someone can't handle the thought of rolling around on the floor with someone else while wearing spandex, they should do something else. And it makes no sense to not let girls wrestle boys because the boy might feel uncomfortable wrestling someone of the opposite gender, then we're talking about sex, right? Don't tell me there are no homosexual male wrestlers in the world. Because it isn't true. They get over it or they go home. If you would go home before wrestling a girl, then you have some issues to work out before you do anything as serious as wrestling.

Clicky!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next