Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Does anyone else dance here?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:14 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've been dancing all my life, but I've only started taking lessons in the past year, with the exception of Irish dance. I've done four or five years of Irish dance, and I also do jazz, hip hip, and break dance.

So is there anyone else who dances here?

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

When I was young, I started doing ballet. I got until grade 3 ballet, then I quit >.< I still miss it, heh.

Now, I do dance pe in school. We do all kinds of dancing. at the moment, it's hip hop. it's tooons of fun. I love dancing XDDD and I hate it when people say that it's not a sport >.< cus it definitely is!!

I don't have any favourite types of dancing, I like pretty much everything^_^ hehe. It's one of the sports that I like, cus it's not a group sport. Sure, you need synchronisation, but that's different from soccer and stuff. I don't have anything against those sports, they're just not my type >.< haha. I love watching hockey though XDD

Dance rocks XDD We get to perform too! w00t!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:19 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I did Jazz Ballet for about 6 months when I was younger, it was lots of fun but the repetitiveness of having to redo a routine over and over again for the end of year presentations started to get to me. Other than that, I love to dance when I go out or when I'm with friends - no real technique so I don't know if it can really be defined as any sort of sport based dancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I did ballet about 12 years ago, but I quit.

Now, I do dancing once a week, but it's just general fun dancing, and you switch partners all the time - not actual lessons :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yep. I dance a lot. I do 7 hours a week and I'm professional standard in I.D.T.A. and I.S.D.T. now, hehe. :D I do Ballet, Tap, Modern, Theatre Craft and Street. I also do competitions and they're loads of fun. Especially when we win. :P

I love dancing soooo much, except when I fall over.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
I'm taking begaining modern and no idea what ballet.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:51 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Alisquid wrote:
I'm taking begaining modern and no idea what ballet.

Pssst.... If it's classical, run.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I take three hours of dance a week.I used to take Hip-hop and clogging but now I'm taking Clogging, Lyrical (Ballet just a lil more advanced and has a faster beat), Jazz, and Tap.This is my first year in Ballet tap and jazz, but I got put in the high class in my studio since this is my 7th year in dance and my teacher knows I do quite well at catching on to things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*Chellie wrote:
Lyrical (Ballet just a lil more advanced and has a faster beat)

Oooo you take Lyrical too?! I love Lyrical! It's my favourite out of everything I do. But no offence, Ballet is WAY more advanced than Lyrical as it's a lot more controlled and rulesy. One of the reasons why I love Lyrical so much is because it's like Ballet but easier! :P

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I took various dance classes from when I was three years old through sixth grade. I took ballet for all of those years until I quit half way through sixth grade, I took jazz for five years , and I took tap for three years.

I was never very enthusiastic about ballet, but I had to keep taking it if I wanted to get into the better jazz classes. Jazz was what I really enjoyed. In sixth grade, I was in pre company jazz (second highest class at the studio), and I was taking the second highest ballet class too, I think.

If I had continued with dance and wanted to be in Company Jazz the next year, I would have had to take two ballet classes a week in addition to my jazz class. My mom had said from when I was about seven years old on that I wasn't allowed to take more than two dance classes a week. Even if I had been allowed to, I don't think I would have wanted to take two ballet classes.

I got fed up with ballet half way through sixth grade (as I've already mentioned), and I had to transfer into a different jazz class that didn't require a ballet class. After that year, I moved on to middle school (my middle school was 7,8,9), and I was done with dance.

I did participate in colorguard in high school, though, where I got to dance a bit again...that was a lot of fun!

Set by Cleo_lo from set contest 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:54 pm 

I'm in my 6th year Jazz.. And first year Acro :D

I got to do Tap, Lyrical, Jazz, Hip Hop and Musical Theater through some dance workshops I've gone to, and I wish I could take Lyrical, but you have to have Ballet to take it and I don't like Ballet :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I dance when alone in my room blasting the stereo. :P

Other than that, I took ballet for a few years in Elementary school. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I couldn't dance to save my life, personally, except when my friend's mom was teaching music and I learned Tango, Waltz and Swing. Swing and Tango rock. Heh, I broke my glasses when another friend took "swing" too literally and I was... swung.... off the stage. I don't plan to make a profession or even a hobby of dancing.

Except the Battleblade Dance from.. hm.. Legend of Luke? Or... Lord Brocktree maybe? I dunno, something Brian Jacques with Martin in it. That, is *cool*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:44 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ooh lots of dancers! Unsuprisingly though, no other Irish dancers.

Do any of you do preform or compete?

I had an Irish dance performance today. It was kind of funny because before it started some of the girls were freaking out, and I was just bored waiting for it to start. It went well though, except for when the CD skipped, and of course it was when the beg./advanced beg. class was dancing and two beginners were dancing. :roll:

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]