Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Re: Sports Injuries

Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm

shapu wrote:
ginny-ROX wrote:Oh yes a couple of girls I really really hate are cheerleaders I hope they get hurt

Without getting into a debate about how rotten those kids are, that's not particularly nice. Wouldn't it be better to just wish embarassment on them instead?

It's been a while, but I vaguely recall from my days in middle school and high school that being totally red-faced was a lot worse of a fear of mine than getting hurt.

(plus, people with casts tend to get sympathy, which i think would probably not be what you want).

On topic...

A coworker of mine was playing basketball just the other day and blew out his ACL. He can walk fine in a straight line, but has a hard time of turning corners.

Oh well whatever happens I wish them ill luck anyway

My brother blew his ACL just last week and couldn't turn corners but could walk straight

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Before I got hit in the face by a hard(la-duh) cricket ball,it was like they were aiming for my face.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm

That's why I don't play cricket.

(well, that and I don't know how)

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 pm

shapu wrote:That's why I don't play cricket.

(well, that and I don't know how)

I don't play it now but the sports thing I do is Rounders which is like a british way of saying Baseball,and I do street dance(duh):P

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I'd forgotten I'd started this thread. Ironically, about three weeks after I started it, I developed patellar tendinitis (a.k.a, jumper's knee) between hiking down to a waterfall and another dance competition. So I've been in PT since April for it, and finally today got the okay to maybe be done seeing the physical therapist -- though I still have a long way to go rehabilitating it on my own. I still can't run or leap.

Even if it's smooth sailing from here, this injury will have put me out of dance longer than my last knee surgery did. I'm still not 100% sure how the injury happened, but I just know I don't ever want patellar tendinitis again.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 am

Me and my friends were talking about sports injurys while we were playing rounders (Brithish baseball)
and ther was one where we were playing cricket and a boy hit the ball so hard it went through a window really far away and it was a babys bathroom window and it hit a baby on the head
but luckly he or she didn't get brain damage.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:54 am

It... hit the baby on the head? Gworsh... I'd feel terrible. @_@

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:54 am

More so, what are the odds of that happening!?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:34 am

Shoyru_Lover wrote:It... hit the baby on the head? Gworsh... I'd feel terrible. @_@

How do you think the baby felt?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:09 pm

I hear that babies don't have a fully formed skull. Imagine if it caused permanent brain damamge to the baby. How bad would you feel!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

I broke my wrist and little fingers whilst playing rounders first was when I went to catch the ball I missed but it hit my little finger and bent it right back and then second someone shoved me as they ran past and and pushed my arm in and my wrist was in front of my arm so my arm was pushed on top of my wrist.
I also was doing long jump and tripped just before I jumped and took a face full of sand and a twisted ankle.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Got hit in the head playing football (or soccer depending on where your from haha) Had a concussion.

Broken my big toe in taekwondo

broke a bone in my hand in taekwondo (was breaking cinderblocks, hit improperly, hurt like heck)

Sparring in a tournament a guy smashed me in the face intentionally and broke my nose and jaw (he punched hard, dear gosh) He got disqualified though, so atleast he didn't win anything.

And last, tried breaking conderblocks again, missed and scraped raw my ankle all the way up to the back of my knee.

Yea I guess martial arts is dangerous but it's really cool.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 am

I got loads of bruises from someone pushing me whilst ice skating
Someone pushed me while I was on the beam doing gymnastics and I fell on my wrist so now thats broken
I was playing football (or soccer) and someone purposly kicked the ball into my stomach and seriously winded me
someone also sat on my leg while I was doing the splits (or whatever they are called) so I couldn't get up and my legs were stuck in that position for two long

Weird how all my injurys are because of someone else

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:36 am

Owww Ginny!
I hate doing splits with a passion because of the crazy guys in my class, they'll come and tickle you while your vulenerable.
Most of my injuries seem to be from some stupid act of my own so I can't blame anyone one my pain.
My boyfriend broke my arm awhile back, though. And were still together!

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:07 am

I broke a girl's nose dancing once.

She married me.
Topic locked