Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:02 pm
Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Gender: Female
I'm probably not going to watch the Superbowl, but if I did, I would root for "Da Bears". (Reference? Anyone?) The Bears definitely deserve to be there from what I've seen and heard this season. The Colts...well, my opinion is that they're like the Buffalo Bills...they have the ability to get far, but in the end, they'll fail miserably.


Image
It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: Far, far away
mayanspypilot wrote:
I'm probably not going to watch the Superbowl, but if I did, I would root for "Da Bears". (Reference? Anyone?)


Da Bears was made famous by the Saturday Night Live skit that featured George Wendt, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, and some guy whose name I don't remember. They were sitting around a table drinking beer, with fake Mike Ditka mustaches, and talking in Chicago accents. Hilariously funny stuff. From sometime in the early 90's. It has stuck with many of us Chicagoans ever since. :P


Image
Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:18 am
Location: Denver, Pennsylvania
I'm thinking the Colts win simply because the Bears lost kind of bad to the Pats earlier in the season and the Colts beat the Pats when it really mattered.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: Bigheadboy89 is I!
mayanspypilot wrote:
I'm probably not going to watch the Superbowl, but if I did, I would root for "Da Bears". (Reference? Anyone?) The Bears definitely deserve to be there from what I've seen and heard this season. The Colts...well, my opinion is that they're like the Buffalo Bills...they have the ability to get far, but in the end, they'll fail miserably.


I'm just going to watch it to see if the rumors surrounding Apple are tru.. Widescreen iPod... Leopard Announcement.... Being that they did basically launch the Macintosh trough a commercial, so :S.


President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Austin, Texas
NeoPet_online wrote:
I'm just going to watch it to see if the rumors surrounding Apple are tru.. Widescreen iPod... Leopard Announcement.... Being that they did basically launch the Macintosh trough a commercial, so :S.


:o I didn't know a rumor like that was going around.

Anyways, I'm rooting for the Bears, because... I did eeny-meeny-miny-mo. :P

I hope the Cowboys do better next year, especially since they're getting a new coach. (I live in DFW, and I'm getting sick of all the news surrounding Parcells' retirement.)


Image

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posts: 3197
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:09 am
Location: SoCal
mayanspypilot wrote:
I'm probably not going to watch the Superbowl, but if I did, I would root for "Da Bears". (Reference? Anyone?) The Bears definitely deserve to be there from what I've seen and heard this season. The Colts...well, my opinion is that they're like the Buffalo Bills...they have the ability to get far, but in the end, they'll fail miserably.

Really. Rooting for the Godless Killing Machines? :O

Anyhow. Any reason to have the friends to get together to party and eat... hey. I'm all for it. Although I must say... having the Colts (defeating the Patriots) and B...ears defeating Saints (nooo)... so conflicted.

But the Godless Killing Machines must lose!
Go Colts!

[I'd care more about football, except SoCal doesn't have a team... so oh well...]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
User avatar

Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: From a country, where about is aboot. Set by DM.
Gender: Male
FrankieG wrote:
I'm thinking the Colts win simply because the Bears lost kind of bad to the Pats earlier in the season and the Colts beat the Pats when it really mattered.



I'm not assuming that way. Here's an example: The Colts lost to the Texans, does that mean that since the Bears beat the Texans : they are a better team?


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: Far, far away
ScottNak wrote:
Really. Rooting for the Godless Killing Machines? :O

Anyhow. Any reason to have the friends to get together to party and eat... hey. I'm all for it. Although I must say... having the Colts (defeating the Patriots) and B...ears defeating Saints (nooo)... so conflicted.

But the Godless Killing Machines must lose!
Go Colts!


Oh my gosh, are they actually called that? I have heard them called the Monsters of the Midway but never Godless Killing Machines. But that phrase does seem to fit Chicago's defensive line to a T. 8)


Image
Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 1737
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:20 am
Location: At sea.
Gender: Female
Morningstar wrote:
ScottNak wrote:
Really. Rooting for the Godless Killing Machines? :O

Anyhow. Any reason to have the friends to get together to party and eat... hey. I'm all for it. Although I must say... having the Colts (defeating the Patriots) and B...ears defeating Saints (nooo)... so conflicted.

But the Godless Killing Machines must lose!
Go Colts!


Oh my gosh, are they actually called that? I have heard them called the Monsters of the Midway but never Godless Killing Machines. But that phrase does seem to fit Chicago's defensive line to a T. 8)


Well, mostly just by those of us in the Colbert Nation.

I'm rooting for the Colts because Stephen told me not to cheer for the Godless Killing Machines. Also, Peyton Manning ought to do something to earn all of his advertising contracts. (I kid because I love.)

This does look like it'll be an interesting Superbowl, though. Both teams are just plain fun to watch, even if one of them does want to be associated with evil.


ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: Far, far away
PuddingofEvil wrote:
Also, Peyton Manning ought to do something to earn all of his advertising contracts. (I kid because I love.)


*lol* Yes, you do tend to see his face just about everywhere now days. Hahaha.

It will be a good game. I love both teams. Never thought I'd have to choose sides. Counting down the days . . .


Image
Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
User avatar

Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 am
Location: Chicago, IL
pokemonfreak27 wrote:
FrankieG wrote:
I'm thinking the Colts win simply because the Bears lost kind of bad to the Pats earlier in the season and the Colts beat the Pats when it really mattered.



I'm not assuming that way. Here's an example: The Colts lost to the Texans, does that mean that since the Bears beat the Texans : they are a better team?


Another perfect example was back in 1995 (I think) when Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl against USC. Everyone thought they would win because of this:

Northwestern beat Notre Dame, Notre Dame spanked USC, therefore, Northwestern would win.

Northwestern got nailed by USC in the Rose bowl. It's a good way to think, but weird things obviously happen.


And it made me sad when I saw Stephen Colbert was against my bears. And yes, he coined the phrase "Godless Killing Machines," and I know most of his thing was rooting for the Saints to win. I love him, he's way to funny. And fun fact, he's an alum of Northwestern. :P


Image
Augustine: It began as one man's dream; it became his empire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: Far, far away
I love Colbert. Though I haven't had time to watch him this past week. So, that's who coined the phrase. Hahaha. Should have known. And, he's an alum of NU? Oh Lordies. Me too (well, the law school anyway).

So, Doozer, you don't have two Bear flags attached to your car hood by any chance, do you? :P Seems everywhere I go, I am seeing Bears flags waving in the breeze. Of course, I had to run some errands on the South Side (Archer and Cicero area) so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. :)

C'mon Sunday, hurry up and get here! Go Bears!


Image
Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
User avatar

Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 am
Location: Chicago, IL
I don't do the flag thing...... but I do have a pair of those sunglasses and a fake mustache hanging from my rearview mirror. :P


Image
Augustine: It began as one man's dream; it became his empire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:11 pm
Location: Bigheadboy89 is I!
Dragonfire wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:
I'm just going to watch it to see if the rumors surrounding Apple are tru.. Widescreen iPod... Leopard Announcement.... Being that they did basically launch the Macintosh trough a commercial, so :S.


:o I didn't know a rumor like that was going around.

Anyways, I'm rooting for the Bears, because... I did eeny-meeny-miny-mo. :P

I hope the Cowboys do better next year, especially since they're getting a new coach. (I live in DFW, and I'm getting sick of all the news surrounding Parcells' retirement.)


Yep yep! Clicky! Anywho, I guess the Bears sound alright... Meh... It's all for the pizza.


President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm
Location: Far, far away
Only one more day. God, I hate waiting.


Image
Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group