Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: College Football 06-07
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Since there was a lot of talk about college football in the NFL 06-07 thread I decided to start a topic about the college football teams.

If you didn't know yet, I'm rooting for the UT Longhorns. Their first game is Sept. 9 against Ohio State and I believe it's in Austin, so I'm definitely watching it on TV.

One thing I'm mad about is that UT isn't ranked #1 on either the AP poll or the coaches poll, but Ohio State is. That really doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah, I was a bit confused as to how Ohio was #1, then Texas, and Notre Dame and USC (of all teams) tied for 3.

Now I have more of a reason to dislike AJ Hawk.... he's playing for the Packers. HA!!

I am EXTREMELY excited for Notre Dame football (in case I haven't expressed that enough already). Georgia Tech this weekend will certainly define how the season will be going for the Irish, and the home opener against Penn State will be rather historic; the Irish and Nittany Lion haven't gone against each other in football since the 1970s or early 1980s I believe, and they are playing this year at Notre Dame, next year at Penn State, and that's it. It might be Joe Paterno's last time he'll set foot in Notre Dame Stadium, which is sad but hey, the man's been around forEVER.

Tickets for that game are near $500. My grandpa sold all four of his which covered his expense on paying for his season tickets for the year.

EDIT:

*updates her set* 'Tis the season!! :P

Augustine: It began as one man's dream; it became his empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh yeah! UT beat UNT 56-7! And without Vince Young too, which is good. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not as big into college football as I am other sports, but I definitely try to catch some of the good games that come on (like the UT-Ohio State game you mentioned - that should be pretty good).

I don't really have a favorite team, but I've always been more fond towards the Longhorns (as well as the UT alumni in the NFL) than any other team. I suppose that's because while I was growing up, they were the only decent team around with somewhat regular TV coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Apparently people are calling the Ohio State-Texas game that's being played today the "Game of the Year" or whatever. I personally don't really see it that way.

And at least UT will be able to break in their new Godzilla-tron TV at the DKR Stadium. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Texas certainly didn't bring it to that Ohio game. Maybe it was the fact two of their players got arrested and suspended, another player suspended due to grades.... could be.

Ohio was certainly ready and took it. Dear god, they were so fast.

As for my Irish.... they played incredibly well, but I was highly disappointed in Penn State. I mean really, there were at least a dozen chances were the Irish screwed up and Penn could have taken it away for that play, but they sure didn't. Now the Irish are ranked #2 just below Ohio. As long as we clean up our secondary, we should have a great season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, I was disappointed in the Texas-Ohio State game. I didn't even know two of the players got arrested until they mentioned it in the game! That's what happens when you don't watch the news and you don't live in the same area anymore... But, the charges were dropped. :P

Even though we lost the game, Texas still has a chance at the national championships (obviously, since we've only played two games). I really hope we beat OU in the Red River Shootout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wait, they dropped the charges?? The guy had a gun sitting in his lap and everyone had drugs on them. Who the heck was their lawyer?

And I'm not sure about the National Championship.... the rest of the schedule isn't that intense compared to Ohio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Doozer wrote:
Wait, they dropped the charges?? The guy had a gun sitting in his lap and everyone had drugs on them. Who the heck was their lawyer?

Actually, the drug charges were dropped for both of them, but Tarrell Brown still has the gun charges on him (misdemeanor). Both were reinstated to the team under strict conditions (curfew, no speaking to media, community service). Brown was reinstated only because it was just a misdemeanor.

My government teacher was complaining because they got the charges dropped when the two from OU were kicked off for taking money. Yeah, well, that's why Texas (the state) is better. xD

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]