Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Archary?

Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:29 am

Im really good at Archary... And I know that there are such things as gun ranges and stuff and I was wondering if there was any such thing as an archary ranges? That would be awesome.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:55 am

My friend is a member of an Archery club so I assume they've got something along the line of an archery range :)

Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:57 am

Yes, archery ranges do exist, and they exist separately from gun clubs.

I would suggest you contact your local sporting goods store, and ask to speak to whoever works at the shooting sports department (for pete's sake, don't call a department box store like KMart or Wal-Mart - I can tell you from experience they don't train folks there). You're looking for a real, sporting goods-only store.

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:05 am

I also enjoy archery. I only ever get to do it a couple of times a year, but I went firing at a range without having shot for a year, only shot one round (it's not called a round, I don't think, but I don't remember what it is called) of five shots, and I got 31/50 points. My friend next to me managed to shoot an arrow in like, a perpendicular direction to where he was aiming. :roflol: It was great, we were all like "Wait, is that your arrow? Where were you aiming?"

Random, but I've always wanted to make my own bow and arrows. It tells you how in BSA's Archery merit badge book, lol.

Re:

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Experiment wrote:Random, but I've always wanted to make my own bow and arrows. It tells you how in BSA's Archery merit badge book, lol.

found couple of good sticks when taking my dog for a walk so when i got home took out a whittling knike and made a bow and 3 arrows.
they fired very good.

manged to make it go over 2 gardens and mine first time to. loved it anyway

Re: Archary?

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:22 am

I've made my own bow and arrows before, and they definitely worked very well. You just need to get the right materials.

I used to own a proper recurve bow before, but I sold it a few weeks ago to add to my car/motorbike fund. I sold it to my friend though so I know he'll take great care of it.

I advise you to look around for a club, or at least ask a sporting good store. If that fails then look for a shooting/gun range and ask there. In my experience, most people at a gun range will know where you can practice some archery aswell :)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:56 pm

I've had a go at making bows before, and it is amazing. I love archery.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 pm

I can make arrows, but not a bow. I'm going to an archery camp this summer though.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:21 am

Archery is a load of fun. I usually get out once a month.

I remember at summer camp once, we went to a range. I had brought my bow, so I had had my yellow and green feathered arrows. Anyways, by buddy Sam shot; on the target. I shot; bullseye! But then Jordan shot; into a wasp nest? Well he had missed so badly, it had hit the corner of the the hut that the target sat in. We were then chased around by wasps.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:47 pm

I love archery - it's so much fun!! I haven't had too many chances at trying it though but every time I did... wooooo.

One of our administrators, Rune, studied it at university for the past six months I believe. Lucky girl - I wish we had that subject at my university.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 am

I taught archery back in my Scout camp days... only basic archery though on our little archery area.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 pm

We'll be learning Archery in senior P.E. towards the end of the year. I'm sort of excited =D

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm

I used to do archery when I was at school. I wasn't very good but it was syill fun.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:19 am

I definitely want to do some archery now... there are a few people I wouldn't mind shooting blunted arrows at...

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:I definitely want to do some archery now... there are a few people I wouldn't mind shooting blunted arrows at...

same here but alot of people
Topic locked