Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Your set is so very useful, Scott! ^_^ I think I stated earlier that I don't do much with MLB, so I didn't even realize the White Sox were already through. Nor that they only play a best of five series early on.

I'll probably start actually watching a bit further down the stretch. I'm still quite burned out on sports after watching 10-12 hours of tennis everyday for two straight weeks during the U.S. Open. Plus, there's football (American) to be watched as well. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:14 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Scott, if your Angels don't finish off the Yankees I think I'll cry.

Last edited by Lass on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

There were a couple pretty exciting games yesterday, apparently. I wish I had caught part of the Astros-Braves game. 18 innings, wasn't it? How cool!

I did catch the Yankees-Angels game and thought it was quite entertaining. I don't like the Yankees, but...but they have Matsui! I find that I can't cheer against him. I'd like the Angels to win the series, but whenever he's at bat, I always hope for a good result. ^_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh. I won't be in a happy mood either... speaking of which...

WHAT a day yesterday though. The Astros having a BRILLIANT and SPECTACULAR come from behind set of homers: One a Grand slam, the other a squeaking homerby INCHES. Tying up the ball game with 2 outs at the bottom of the 9th?!

Then the NEAR homer by INCHES (once again!) in the 10th that went foul... and alas, you could say basically game 4 and 5 were played in the same day for them, cause it took 18 innings and 5:50 to complete!! Amazing. And to top it off a walk off homer to end it. Suh-weet. Astros take the series 3-1 and move on to go against the St. Louis Cardinals!

But in the night game, Washburn was scratched cause of a throat infection, and good ol' Lackey came in to pitch on 3 days rest! He did great, unfortunately the bullpen hiccuped and gave up 2 runs to lose the 2-1... and eventually lose 3-2. Series is all tied up as they go back to ANAHEIM (home base! Woo!) to wrap up the series... Unfortunately, the winner of this series will have to go directly to Chicago and play the very next day... Twill be tiring for either team to go against the well rested White Sox...

... 5:00PM (Pacific) coverage starts! Mussina Vs Colon!
Do or die! One will advance, One will go home... who will it be? *dramatic music*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm rooting for the Angels this game, partly because I dislike the Yankees, and because I was born in CA, and it's the closest thing I have to a team in the playoffs. XD

I'm keeping Scott updated while he's at class. Class over sports? Psheh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WOOOOW!!! WHAT A GAME!
I was up bouncing around the whole time I was able to watch the game. An awesome KO of Mussina to take the lead and keep it for GOOD. Angels take the FINAL game of the ALDS with a score of 5 - 3, clinching their spot for the A L C S. Unfortunately, less than 24 hours away is Game 1 of the ALCS... so... no time to rest. This sig of mine isn't going to last long!

TOMORROW! ANGELS @ WHITE SOX 5 PM (PACIFIC)
WEDNESDAY! HOUSTON @ CARDINALS 5 PM (PACIFIC)

BEST of 7 SERIES starts up now. Who will be the one to advance to the World Series?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

It was a good game... I wish the Yankees had won, but *shrug*. See, they're not perfect, they don't win all the time. If Crosby and Sheffield hadn't smashed into each other I think they would have won. That was kinda funny though, they had no clue the other one was coming, you could see it on their faces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm so glad the Yankees are done. It would have just been embarassing if they'd advanced while the Red Sox were eliminated.

I don't have much of a preference for the ALCS, but I'll have to root for the White Sox a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm glad the Angels pulled it off...but I wish it wasn't by striking out Matsui. :( Thankfully, I think they said he'd be a free agent now, so maybe he'll go to a team I won't dislike. ^_-

And now I should probably switch over to Fox so I can see the game. ^_^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MyleneFarmer wrote:
I'm glad the Angels pulled it off...but I wish it wasn't by striking out Matsui. :( Thankfully, I think they said he'd be a free agent now, so maybe he'll go to a team I won't dislike. ^_-

Well, they didn't :P It was a sharp groundout to Erstad, which he then flipped over to Rodriguez for the 3-1 put out to end the game :)

Innn any case... what a teeth-wrenching game once again. A lot of small ball and situational running pulled this game off for the Angels. Pitching was EXCELLENT on both sides. Got to give props to Contreras for doing what he could. But lots more to Byrd. Sweet stuff man. Sweet stuff. And with that, the Angels take an unprecedented GAME 1 WIN... and start off the series 1-0.

But the Angels won't get a day off yet. They play tomorrow once again! And the NLCS kicks off as well, Astros @ Cardinals.

Both games start at 8PM Eastern (5 Pacific)! Who'll take the early lead in the NLCS? Will the Angels take a 2-0 lead? Or will the series be all tied up at 1 and send the game over to Anaheim?

Sig is UPDATED! Woot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ScottNak wrote:
MyleneFarmer wrote:

Well, they didn't :P It was a sharp groundout to Erstad, which he then flipped over to Rodriguez for the 3-1 put out to end the game :)

Details, details. :P I had slept and had a horrific day since I saw that. Still, I wish they hadn't ended it with Matsui at bat. Better? ^_-

Last night's game was also very entertaining! I really don't care who wins, technically. Chicago is closer to me though, so I'm technically pulling for them more. But either way, as long as the games are entertaining, I'm content. Although baseball is starting to push into my anime watchin' time. Gotta keep my priorities straight. :P

On the other side of things, with the Astros vs Cardinals, I think I might have to cheer for the Astros. Simply because my husband is from Texas, and I have to have someone to cheer for. ^_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well... less said about the Angels game the better. Have to deal with bad calls. It's part of the game of baseball. But yeah, I was steaming after that weird call. :/ But yeah, another low-tight scoring game, made it very tenseful. CWS ties up the series 1-1 and it turns into a best of 5 series. Next 3 are back in Anaheim!

And while all this was going on the Astros and Cardinals duked it out. Dind't get to see any of it cause these two games were going on concurrently... so! All I can say is that Cards take a 1-0 lead in the series and Game 2 starts up tomorrow! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ScottNak wrote:
Well... less said about the Angels game the better.

Definitely. That was...bizarre...to say the least. Confused the heck out of me, that's for sure. Thankfully, my husband was really into baseball as a child and teenager, so he could at least explain the rule/play that was being used incorrectly. ^^; Hopefully the next game will feature fewer of those kind of calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

May I just say, Go White Sox!!!! Hopefully, no one (like ScottNak) will hurl a shoe at me.

I am a southsider from Chicago. And, happy as a clam that Sox are 2-1 right now. 2 more winning games and World Series here we come. Even you Angels fans have to admit that Sox played an excellent game last night. Particularly, their pitcher Garland who played the entire game and only gave up 4 hits.

What more can I say but White Sox are more than due for a win. In fact, Chicago is more than due for a win.

:D

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mm. Of course, Garland was stellar. There's no way I can doubt that. Excellent pitching to just make everyone all confused and *duhh*'d.
*le sigh*

I knew winning Game 1 wouldn't be good :P
We're supposed to lose Game 1s! >P

Aanyway... just a few more til Game 4 starts. Can't wait :P
(I'm a bit behind with the updatage... I'll do it at the end of tooday :))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next