Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: It's Playoff Time! (MLB)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Today was the last day of the MLB regular season and it's time for the playoffs! On the NL side it'll be Astros, Braves, Padres, and Cards. For the AL, we have Yankees, Angels, Red Sox and White Sox.

Unless you've been living under the proverbial PPT rock, you probably know I'm a Red Sox girl. This year, for me, it's all about beating the Yankees.

Now I want to hear everyone's picks. I'm so excited!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:45 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yankees, man, it's all about the Yankees. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Asparagus Queen wrote:

We'll see about that.

Sox-Sox game time in four minutes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not much of a MLB fan (I prefer watching college and Little League World Series coverage), but I will probably watch the playoffs. I'll probably be cheering for the White Sox, as they're the closest team to my location. Last year I did pull for the Red Sox, just because I know nothing about baseball except that the Yankees win entirely too frequently for my taste. :P It's the same reason I've never liked the Chicago Bulls or L.A. Lakers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

MyleneFarmer wrote:
I'm not much of a MLB fan (I prefer watching college and Little League World Series coverage), but I will probably watch the playoffs. I'll probably be cheering for the White Sox, as they're the closest team to my location. Last year I did pull for the Red Sox, just because I know nothing about baseball except that the Yankees win entirely too frequently for my taste. :P It's the same reason I've never liked the Chicago Bulls or L.A. Lakers.

Well, your Sox made you happy today. I can't believe Francona started Clement. Arroyo, aside from his latest start, has been pitching far better.

Edit - never mind. He just gave up two more runs. Still, he would have been a much better choice. I'm looking ahead to tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Asparagus Queen wrote:
Against the ANGELS? I don't think so ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ScottNak wrote:
Asparagus Queen wrote:

Hey, I thought you were A's... never mind, I was thinking of someone else.

I'm rooting for those Angels. The Red Sox don't seem to be in any shape to take out the Yankees, so your guys'll have to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The Sox game was too painful for me to watch today >_< After Chicago was beating us 8-2 I just shut it off. Francona kept Clement in there waaayyyyy too long. But Wells is starting tomorrow and he's been pitching well recently. Let's just hope he can keep it up.

Scott, your Angels better beat the Yankees.

Yankees < all other MLB teams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nani wrote:
ScottNak wrote:
Asparagus Queen wrote:

Hey, I thought you were A's... never mind, I was thinking of someone else.

I'm rooting for those Angels. The Red Sox don't seem to be in any shape to take out the Yankees, so your guys'll have to do it.

How dare you make such a mistake! *Raaar*
In any case... I was fully expecting a game 1 loss. 0-5 on Game 1's in Scoscia's reign. Haha.

DAY 1 RESULTS!!!
CWS 1 - 0 BOS
NYY 1 - 0 ANA
STL 1 - 0 SD
------------------------------
Day 2:
HOU @ ATL (1PM)
BOS @ CWS (4PM)
NYY @ ANA (7PM)

Whee!

Set will be updated once I get through the monstrocities that are known as midterms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lass wrote:
But Wells is starting tomorrow and he's been pitching well recently. Let's just hope he can keep it up.

Yeah, the (only) great thing about Wells is that he's a "big game" pitcher. I feel good having him on the mound.

Tonight is going to be tough. If we lose this one, I'm so giving up hope. I mean, we all saw a miracle last year, but this year isn't last year.

Mostly I'm just rooting against New York :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The Yankees win too much because they're that much better than everyone else. :P If you've got the money to build the team, build the team. :) The awesome team we had a few years back though is starting to disolve. I'll always root for the Yankees, but I'm not sure we'll win it this year. We'll have to see. They always come from behind, so who knows. :P

Quote:

Now see, that's just not nice. It's a game, not a war... I don't like the Red Sox but I'm not going to wish the Tigers to beat them. :roflol: (I'm from Detroit btw) Everyone has a team they don't like, but to bash them like that... :( It's not like Derek Jeter ever came to your house and killed your dog... It's like saying that Paris Hilton < all blonde females. Now, she is a rich snotty blonde, but well. *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ugh, Red Sox are down 2-0 coming ino today's game >_< Even after last season, I don't believe we'll win this one. Chicago's too good of a team to win 3 in a row against.

Asparagus Queen wrote:
Quote:

Now see, that's just not nice. It's a game, not a war... I don't like the Red Sox but I'm not going to wish the Tigers to beat them. :roflol: (I'm from Detroit btw) Everyone has a team they don't like, but to bash them like that... :( It's not like Derek Jeter ever came to your house and killed your dog... It's like saying that Paris Hilton < all blonde females. Now, she is a rich snotty blonde, but well. *shrug*

That's just my personal opinion. I don't like the Yankees because they've caused us too much grief in the past. And even though we've finally won a World Series, that's not going to change how I feel about them.

EDIT: And it's over for the Red Sox. Swept by Chicago >_>

Bases loaded in the 6th with no outs, and we can't score. You all should be glad PPT has filters at the moment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alas... our first victim of the postseason... the Boston Red Sox have been eliminated from the Post season... and the Chicago White sox will be going against the winner of the Angels/Yankees series!!

Angels stay strong and pull back a victory after losing an early lead! And now lead the series 2-1! (Clinch tomorrow? That's at 1PM!)

Then we have the Stellar St. Louis Cardinals going against the .500 Padres.. Can they pull off a miracle? Or will they follow the way of the Red Sox? (Clinch?? 4:30PM!)

Finally, to wrap up tomorrow's TRIPLE HEADER is the Braves Vs Astros! The series is all tied up! Someone's gonna take the lead and push the other team on the brink of elimnation. WHO will it be? (8PM Game time!)

[All times in Pacific Time...]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Last night's game was pretty depressing, but it wasn't Tobin Bridge material for most. I'm very happy for the White Sox, who deserved to win. The hard part about this is that if the Angels beat the Yankees, I have no idea who I'll be rooting for in the ALCS. The White Sox and the Angels are my other two favourite AL teams. I may have to go with the White Sox, because they haven't won in so long. The Angels do have Orlando Cabrera, who most Bostonians still love dearly. So I guess the ideal situation would be White Sox in seven, with as many O-Cab home runs as is humanly possible, plus a number of spectactular defensive plays.

But my main goal at the moment is rooting against the Yankees. I still can't accept that they won the division, because they finished with the same record as the Red Sox. Technicalities. Pfft. In any case, I'd love to see them gone as quickly as possible. They, like the Red Sox, aren't a good enough team to deserve any sort of championship this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hm... so another team clinches and the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS advance to the NLCS! Guess the 1st place teams in each respective league defeated the team with the worst record!!

(Granted 3/4 teams in the AL have the same record... but oh well to that :P)

Meanwhile earlier today the Angels lose their chance from sweeping the Yankees. Not by a loss, but by another kind of sweep. Rain. The game's delayed at 7:30PM (Eastern) the next day and hopefully that game goes through!

And in the middle match of the day, Houston was able to cut a win against the braves and take a 2-1 upperhold against them. They'll get the chance in the afternoon game at 1:00PM (Eastern) to try and knock off the Braves from their WS dreams once more!

CAN THE DIVISION SERIES END TOMORROW???

*dramatic music*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next