Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: England V Croatia game
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hehhe, I'm listening to the commentators, as its half time. We are one nil up! :D Yay! I just opened this up to talk about the match, and whether any of you England fans suppose we might make it to the Quarter Finals and beyond mebbe? :roll:

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I'm glad. I can only hope that France win their game. Their drawing 1-1 with Switzerland. But I only want England to win their match because I said them and France would win tonights match in my admin class' sweepstakes.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:03 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Score at Half Time between England and Croatia is:

England 2 Croatia 1

England's goals came from Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh. Poop.

Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

England 4 Croatia 2

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh rubbish.

I hate England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:
Oh rubbish.

I hate England.

*Stands next to Igg* I'm with you totally there, half birthday twin!So, who you guys reckon is gonna win (and don't just say "Engand" or whatever, just because you support them...)

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bno wrote:
Igg wrote:
Oh rubbish.

I hate England.

*Stands next to Igg* I'm with you totally there, half birthday twin!So, who you guys reckon is gonna win (and don't just say "Engand" or whatever, just because you support them...)

A team which is not England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

...so now we can't say England even if we really believe they can win it?
Well, on todays performance, I reckon we have as good a chance as any nation in this competition. Assuming that Owen can actually look in the direction of the goal and Beckham has a better than average game, we will literally stuff the Portuguese on Thursday.

I would like to say we are bound to win it, but that isn't the case. Just because we snatched an honourable defeat from the jaws of victory a week last Sunday says alot about the performances of those that took part. We haven't seen Emile Heskey since, I notice. (thank God)

The Czechs are looking dangerous and Pavel Nedved is looking every inch the European Footballer of the Year. The French will always be dangerous but we have the measure of them now, I feel. Only an upset or carelessness will stop us from making it to the Semi Finals.

After that, who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

What's all this England bashing? I don't think it's very nice personally and I'm not saying this just because I'm English. What's the problem with England?!

I agree with Bob here. I do think we have a good chance if we don't get too complacent.

Back on topic anyhu....My kinda boyfriend came round to watch the match but we didn't really concentrate but from watching the highlights I thought it was quite a good match. Rooney played well as usual but I was gutted when Croatia scored in the first 10 mins of the match :( :o James should NOT be allowed to live! I really don't think much of him AT ALL.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm English.
And I support England in rugby, cricket, tennis (apart from Henman), athletics, netball, hockey etc. Just not football.

Bob, that's fair enough, but I don't think England will win. Which is why I said I think a team which is not England will win (excuse the grammar).

Heh... Owen...
You know, they're saying all this great stuff about Rooney, because he's only 18 (I think, 18) and he's good, but they said this about Michael Owen, and look at him now. I only watched 2 minutes of the match, but in that time I saw him miss the chance to pick up a pass because although it was a bit of a dodgy pass, he didn't actually move.
And Beckham. Well. If he can manage not to give the ball to the other team whenever he gets it, RESULT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Being English, you'll know exactly what I mean when I say that I have faith in our team. I hope we will do well, but odd things start to happen to our national side whenever we come within touching distance of any major honours. If that means I will blindly say that we will win, then no. Do I think we are good enough, ability-wise? Then yes. It takes more than ability to win though and we don't have too many World Cup/European Championship winners in our team. So much for useful experience then.

Rooney is having a great tournament, but it will still be back to club football in a month or two. I'm happy to enjoy watching him while he's going for it. He's not the best thing since sliced bread but if he keeps it up for a few years, there is a good chance he will be. Owen just needs a goal. He is still very dangerous. Most good strikers are, especially when they are corned by the British press. It wouldn't surprise me if Owen went out and scored a hat-trick against Portugal. You can't keep a good striker down for long.

Like the whole of the team, if we have faith, they will normally deliver. Just keeping my fingers crossed the James doesn't do something daft. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bob wrote:
Being English, you'll know exactly what I mean when I say that I have faith in our team.

Heh. Not much. Not much national pride on my English side, really.

I'm afraid to say I don't have a lot of faith in them, but I understand why you do.

I would LOVE to see England to lose to...*random side picking* Hungary :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You know, I would really hate it if England got to the finals.

Because, if they won, there'd be drunks coming out of everywhere when the pubs close yelling 'England' at the top of their voices.

And if they lost, people would come out of the pubs and graffitti, smash things up, etc. >.<

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

jellyoflight wrote:
You know, I would really hate it if England got to the finals.

Because, if they won, there'd be drunks coming out of everywhere when the pubs close yelling 'England' at the top of their voices.

And if they lost, people would come out of the pubs and graffitti, smash things up, etc. >.<

There is always the chance of a draw.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next