Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Diana DeGarmo
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:12 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

http://mp.aol.com/audio.uvox.adp?mxid=1139062

FINALLY! AOL premiered Diana's studio version of 'Don't Cry Out Loud'!!

I personally prefer the AI version, because it sounds like they are holding her back from being as powerful as she was on AI, but this song is still AWESOME.

To listen, you have to download a little download that only took a few seconds on cable.

GO DIANA! Her single 'Dreams' is gonna go straight to #1! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

It's alright. Nothing special, but about 100 times better than most artists that have successful careers at this point (Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Raven Symone). Her CD has bombed, so I don't know. Clay was #1 at this point last year, but maybe I'm just being biased.

EDIT: That guy at the beginning, "AOL Music, First Listen" always freaks me out. When I first heard him talk, I was saying, "Wow, Diana's voice sure changed." But then I realised. XD I like her live better. She's a POWERHOUSE live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:41 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Drama Queen wrote:
It's alright. Nothing special, but about 100 times better than most artists that have successful careers at this point (Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Raven Symone). Her CD has bombed, so I don't know. Clay was #1 at this point last year, but maybe I'm just being biased.

EDIT: That guy at the beginning, "AOL Music, First Listen" always freaks me out. When I first heard him talk, I was saying, "Wow, Diana's voice sure changed." But then I realised. XD I like her live better. She's a POWERHOUSE live.

Who's CD bombed?

I agree she's way more powerful on AI. But this song is still great! I can't stop listening. :D

Post subject: Re: Diana DeGarmo - Don't Cry Out Loud (Studio Version)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mark wrote:

Sorry,Huff daddy is gonna beat her out. :D

Haha,maybe..

Anyway,I'll download this later. Might be a good listen. :) (Yeah Mark,I am a slight Diana fan..)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:31 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Kitten Medli wrote:
Mark wrote:

Haha,maybe..

Anyway,I'll download this later. Might be a good listen. :) (Yeah Mark,I am a slight Diana fan..)

I doubt George will go #1. :P Sorry, I'm not just saying that because I dislike him. Most of the artists who released singles/albums that didn't come in 1st or 2nd didn't get very far. (Tamyra, RJ what's his face, Justin).. But for your sake I hope George does.. *well* :?

It IS a good listen, by the way :-P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Kitten Medli wrote:
Mark wrote:

Haha,maybe..

I didn't know George got a contract. o.o

Can't get it to work for me. Darn. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I listened to it and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of American Idol singers, rarely any of them make it big (Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken). However I do believe she sings well. But I don't think her songs will go straight to number one as Clay's or Kelly's did.

I can't seem to find 'Dreams' but when I do I'll listen to it. She is a good singer but I see her as another Ruben Stutters.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

This is how I want to see things go.
1. Fantasia BOMBS! (she stinks!)
2. Diana goes pretty far (She is so hot)
3. George rocks the music world! (He rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hope I don't get in trouble again for using too many !'s))

^^^^^ That is how everything SHOULD go
This is how it will go
1. Fantasia will go to number 1 (and I won't listen to a single song of her's)
2. Diana will do aight (She is SO HOT!)
3. George won't do very well (but I really hope he does!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Mark wrote:
Drama Queen wrote:

Who's CD bombed?

I agree she's way more powerful on AI. But this song is still great! I can't stop listening. :D

Well, in AI land, Diana's CD bombed. On Amazon and other sites, they were up for grabs before it actually came out (which usually happens). Unlike previous successes (Clay, Kelly) the highest Fantasia and Diana's CD got was #11. At the moment, Fantasia is #11 and Diana is #39. I don't think either are going to do very well at the moment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:53 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Drama Queen wrote:
Mark wrote:
Drama Queen wrote:

Who's CD bombed?

Well, in AI land, Diana's CD bombed. On Amazon and other sites, they were up for grabs before it actually came out (which usually happens). Unlike previous successes (Clay, Kelly) the highest Fantasia and Diana's CD got was #11. At the moment, Fantasia is #11 and Diana is #39. I don't think either are going to do very well at the moment...

Um.. wrong, sorry. At one point, Diana was #1 and Fantasia was #2. People have screenshots on idolforums.com.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mark wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Mark wrote:

Haha,maybe..

I doubt George will go #1. :P Sorry, I'm not just saying that because I dislike him. Most of the artists who released singles/albums that didn't come in 1st or 2nd didn't get very far. (Tamyra, RJ what's his face, Justin).. But for your sake I hope George does.. *well* :?

Sorry to say I dont think Diana will be #1 either. At any rate,I think George will atleast be #1 on the gospel charts.

DM,I dont know if he got a contract yet,even if he did,he cant sign with them untill the tour is over. But he himself said he'd be making an album after the tour,and I heard rumours both he and Jennifer Hudson got offered gospel contracts.

Rbpnmn,you might be right..I doubt it though.I think it should happen sort of like that too..but yeah,George will rock the music world. =] Even if he doesnt,he has a lot of Clay fans on his side(Not all..) and you know how obsessive they are with supporting their guy.. ;)

Ah,George was on some..I think...Nascar thingy..he sang and ran with a torch thingy..funny it wasnt Fantasia,eh..? (Not bashing,just saying..)

EDIT: And to shove some more in your face,I heard a rumour Frank Sinatra's family is going to "work" with John.. :wink:

Last edited by Kitten Medli on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:38 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Kitten Medli wrote:
Mark wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Mark wrote:

Haha,maybe..

Sorry to say I dont think Diana will be #1 either. At any rate,I think George will atleast be #1 on the gospel charts.

DM,I dont know if he got a contract yet,even if he did,he cant sign with them untill the tour is over. But he himself said he'd be making an album after the tour,and I heard rumours both he and Jennifer Hudson got offered gospel contracts.

Rbpnmn,you might be right..I doubt it though.I think it should happen sort of like that too..but yeah,George will rock the music world. =] Even if her doesnt,he has a lot of Clay fans on his side(Not all..) and you know how obsessive they are with supporting their guy.. ;)

Ah,George was on some..I think...Nascar thingy..he sang and ran with a torch thingy..funny it wasnt Fantasia,eh..? (Not bashing,just saying..)

EDIT: And to shove some more in your face,I heard a rumour Frank Sinatra's family is going to "work" with John.. :wink:

We'll see where Diana debuts ;)

Most Clay fans aren't obsessive. They are scary.

Should have been Diana at the Nascar thing ;) Oh well. She's busy promoting her single.

Don't expect Frank Sinatra's family to improve John's vocals. He's hopeless. Not even they can make him sing to save his soul.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mark wrote:

We'll see where Diana debuts ;)

Most Clay fans aren't obsessive. They are scary.

Should have been Diana at the Nascar thing ;) Oh well. She's busy promoting her single.

Don't expect Frank Sinatra's family to improve John's vocals. He's hopeless. Not even they can make him sing to save his soul.

Thanks,I take pride in being scary.

I think they just realise who the real winner will be. ;) But Diana can still be runner up. :lol: Okay,okay,I joke.

Mmmmmmmmhmm...you'll just choke on that comment in a couple years,sweetie. :) He is a very good singer,he is just weak. Diana has her flaws too. But atleast I can admit shes good..:roll: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Diana rocks. NO ONE beats Diana, in my opinion. Huff is alright, but he went way farther in the competition than I think he should of. Ditto for John Stevens (ick!). I love anything Diana sings, and I will buy her CD no matter what. I'll probably buy at least five copies: 1 for my car, 1 for inside the house, 1 for safe keeping, and the 2 others for replacements or gifts.

Yes, I'm a Dianamite.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dawn2 wrote:
Diana rocks. NO ONE beats Diana, in my opinion. Huff is alright, but he went way farther in the competition than I think he should of. Ditto for John Stevens (ick!). I love anything Diana sings, and I will buy her CD no matter what. I'll probably buy at least five copies: 1 for my car, 1 for inside the house, 1 for safe keeping, and the 2 others for replacements or gifts.

Yes, I'm a Dianamite.

That's just like me! Except replace Diana with Evanescence :P

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next