Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What Instrument Do You Play?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If you play any instrument(s), what do you play, and what is its "comfortable" range to a decent musician?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I haven't played any instruments since 5th grade. I played the violin back then. Let's just say I would consider myself quite horrendous at it. ;)

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm an aspiring guitarist, I don't know a whole lot, but I can play a little tune here and there. If I actually learn the guitar to the point where I can play it fairly well, my dad will buy me an electric one, so that kinds drives me on.
But I'm not too good at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:27 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

My instrument is my voice! Does that count? Anyways, I've always wanted to play the guitar and the flute. But, I rather use my voice to express music!

"The path I've chosen had no effort, unless I took that chance, at the decision I've made, for all I've done and suffered." - Mi-Ku, © Mi-ku All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I play a mean kazoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I play alto sax, this coming school year will mark my fourth year of playing. As to "comfortable range", I'm not quite sure what you mean. O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I can play one very irritating circus-sy tune on a piano and thats it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I play flute and ocarina. I know one song on harmonica and a tune or two on guitar. Oh, and one Evanessence song on piano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I play piano and violin.
Piano, I started around age 6, but was never really serious about, and quit around 14.
Violin, I started at 8, but didn't start actually practicing until 11, when I got into my middle school orchestra.

Probably I sound better on piano than violin simply because you can't really screech with one, but although I'm no novice, I unfortunately don't consider myself good at either. This year, though, I'm making a committment to really work on my violin and start playing piano again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I used to play the keyboard, but I've forgotten everything. Tried to play a guitar earlier this year, and didn't really like it. Now I wish to play the drums, but they're really expensive things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I play the piano, and have done for four or five years. Except I only recently got into grades and stuff. I can play a song from the lion king on it :P

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

My intsrument is my voice, and I play the Piano fairly well I guess. I kinda gave up on that a while back though, when my teacher actually stopped teaching me and started to use the lessons to....gossip -_-(she lives in a very isolated cottage, s'why)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can play bassoon, clarinet, tenor saxophone, and piano; best to worst in that order. Now, get ready for a long post.

Bassoon has the largest range of any woodwind, and in my opinion it's easiest from the lower notes to 2 octaves higher than them. Any higher and it just sounds messed up to me, even the last few comfortable notes don't sound completely right. I can play some very complex songs with bassoon, and it's the only one I can sucessfully play harmony parts with at the moment. I've been playing this for 1 year and I taught myself.

Clarinet has a decent range, and again the lower two octaves are the easiest for me. The higher notes tend to get a bit screechy for me, though they don't sound as weird as the bassoon's high notes. I can play some pretty complex music with this one too, but not nearly as crazy. I stink with harmony on this, though melody usually sounds very good. I've been playing this for almost eight years, and I was taught in school.

Tenor saxophone is easiest in its middle to somewhat high pitches. I have trouble playing many of its lower notes, and I haven't ventured to the extremely high octaves yet, nor do I want to (I want to improve the low ones first). I can play a few songs, some of which a little complex, though they usually don't sound very good. I've been playing this for almost two years and I'm teaching myself.

Piano is relatively easy with the pitches, though the easiest to play would be one octave below middle C and two octaves above middle C in my opinion. With that it depends more on where my hands are positioned, and since they're usually around middle C I based it off of that. I can play quite a few songs on it, but I can't do chords or anything really fancy. I've been playing this for who knows how long (longer than clarinet), and I'm still teaching myself.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mmm..

I played Piano for eight years (then I started to break my fingers). I finished my Royal Conservatory level six stuff (here in Canada, i'm not sure if thats the same as the US). I took the theory behind it as well, and finished that off (with marks of 95-100 every time if I may add!)

However, after a two year hiatus from piano, I went into high school band. And when I went into high school band, I was made into a percussionist. I played random instruments such as the noble triangle, the mighty cymbol and who could forget those two sticks that you hit together to make a "THOK" sound?!
Actually my specialities were symbols and the bass drum. I know how to play a bit of snare, but i'm not that great. I also LOVE timpanis, though I really don't know what i'm doing on them.
When I live in the country, and am a well off person (not rich, well off), i'm going to buy timps... and play them.
Mwahahaha.
Anywho. Yup. Instruments.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Flute and piccolo are my main instruments.

Flute has a range of just over three octives (You can play 4 different C's). For most flutes, middle C is the lowest note possible. But some flute models (including mine) have an extra button that is used to reach B below that. Almost every fingering chart I've seen show fingerings up to the second C above the staff. This is about as high as most band members need in their school year. However I have played a work that required a D above that. O_o

Piccolo is almost the same but a few buttons are missing so the range is slightly more limited. You can only go as low as a D instead of a C.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next