Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Music to Describe Books/Movies

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I wasn't sure where this should go, so feel free to move it mods.

Do any of you listen to a song and think 'That song describes ----- perfectly!' I know I do, all the time.

Some of mine:

When You Were Young-The Killers for Twilight (Edward and Bella)
Pieces-Rascal Flatts for Twilight (Edward or Jacob about Bella when they're away from her.)
Everyday-Rascal Flatts for Harry Potter (Snape and Lily) or Bridge to Terabithia

What are yours?

Re: Music to Describe Books/Movies

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Not usually, although the song "Gloomy Sunday" by Billie Holiday does capture the suicidal angst of New Moon. Hah.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:06 am

Tubular Bells - Bond for Saving Private Ryan

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I do this all the time though I can't remember any :oops: :lol:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name" is about Death Note, and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:13 pm

The first time I heard it, I thought Queen's "Ogre Battle" was at least inspired by the Helm's Deep battle in one of the LOTR books. Another of their songs, "The Prophets Song" has a few lines that almost rephrase a paragraph of another LOTR book. I'll try to get the specifics soon.

EDIT: The second verse of "The Prophet's Song", spoiler'd for brevity-
I dreamed I saw on a moonlit stair
Spreading his hand on the multitude there
A man who cried for a love gone stale
And ice cold hearts of charity bare

bears a bit of resemblance to pages 143-144 of the Fellowship of the Rings. How i noticed this is beyond me, and is probably not worth mention.
Last edited by KittyBag2 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:42 am

Risking sounding obvious... "Iron Man" for the movie "Iron Man"... :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh, and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" for Remus Lupin pre-PoA. Absolutely.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Tharkun wrote:Oh, and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" for Remus Lupin pre-PoA. Absolutely.

Oh, very good. For Snape's Worst Memory, "Gone Daddy Gone" by the Violent Femmes. For Harry's (or maybe Cedric's) fangirls, "I Need a Hero" from the Footloose soundtrack. For Dumbledore, during his exile in OotP, "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:08 pm

I just found a great one to describe the Order of the Phoenix during, erm, Order of the Phoenix.

*fangirls Heather Alexander*
Topic locked