Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Electric Bass
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Right...

So I bit the bullet. Scintilla recently treated himself to an electric guitar and I got jealous. Actually maybe it was some deeper psychological thing about wanting to make music with him again since our glory days of band are behind us (that is...until he can afford a french horn and we can join some adult band or something). But whatever it was, I caved at bought an electric bass. *hugs bass* Eh.....it was on my "to learn" list anyway.

So we kinda had our first quasi jam session today and I don't suck as much as I was expecting to. I was surprised at how it can be a whole different beast from guitar...like muffling strings so you don't get nasty sounds from unintended chords. So I think I can definitely benefit from a book of drills, proper technique and stuff.

I know a lot of you play guitar or bass. What material helped you the most in your search for your inner rockstar? :)

That and do you have any tips. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Electric Bass
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

As for bass for me, I play mostly by ear. As a brass player, I found my rock star self by listening to some amazing headbanging music. :P

Set by Byakuya'<3

Post subject: Re: Electric Bass
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've been teaching myself bass since two New Years ago. I'd work on lots of rudimentary stuff, like scales, to perfect my understanding of how the instrument plays and to get my fingers strong enough to pull off the more complicated tricks.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]