Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Review - My Addiction
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Hey guys ^_^ Check out my first attempt at a recorded song. http://music.download.com/kym

It's called My Addiction and it was written and recorded in 4 hours.

I've put it on the net for you guys to download free. Reviews are much appreciated :) If you don't like something or think something could be improved, don't be afraid to tell me about it. I prefer honesty over watered-down any day.

I've sent the song to most of my friends who've all given me good feedback, but I can't help but think maybe they're biased to some degree? Therefore hey, it'd be great if I could get feedback from people I don't know as well.

Please don't be too general i.e. it's good. The more specific, the better :)

Thanks!

Quote:
Ok, firstly, I must say, the first time I listened to it, I had no idea it was you. I even popped onto Yahoo Search and tried to figure out who it was. So in that sense, I really did think it was someone professional. But when I couldn't find anything, I started wondering if maybe it was you, which is why I asked. I love it. Not my favourite genre, I prefer rock, but all that aside. It is great. And oh yea, my brother agrees. I kept saying, "I can't believe that's my boss." - Sapphire Faerie

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Last edited by Shoyru_Lover on Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ok... I was going to come here and quote that myself... but as you've already beaten me to it. I'll just verify that I did say that. =P

And oh yea... I am now madly in love with you...

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
The page you requested could not be found. If you've reached this page, we may be experiencing technical difficulties.

* Please try refreshing your browser to reload the page you were trying to view.

* If you got here by typing a URL, please make sure the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation are correct, then try reloading the page.

* If you got here from our artist upload area, please return to your artist administration page.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please Contact Us through our support form.

Return to Download.com Music

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Sorry about that. The link is now fixed.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I pretty much thought the same as Chass there, I thought it was a new group I hadn't heard of :P. Glad I wasn't the only one, cause I already feel bad enough I thought it was like a group of people :oops: . I can't really say what needs to be fixed, I like the tune, it's the type of songs I'd listen to. I thought it was catchy and different, and still fresh, it wasn't a type of rhythm that reminds me of any particular song. I liked it and I can't believe you did that in only four hours. I will request that I get bragging rights when you make it big, and you must send me an autographed something :D

oh and thanks for thinking all this about me SL, I never knew <3 :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I told you what I thought over IM and I'm still listening to it! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mat sent it me over IM.

It sounds very professional, and it's quite catchy, but I probably won't be listening to it again because it's not a genre I like at all. Good voice, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Igg wrote:
Mat sent it me over IM.

It sounds very professional, and it's quite catchy, but I probably won't be listening to it again because it's not a genre I like at all. Good voice, too.

Allthough it isnt a genre I generally enjoy I have listened to it three or four times and I agree it is pretty catchy and professional.

As I said to you over IM Sl, damn good job =;0)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

that's you??!!!?? Wow! That sounds very professional!! Amazing JOb SL! You're gonna be a famous singer soon! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I couldn't understand some of the lyrics, but that could be due to my bad hearing..

Anyway, its not really my style of music, but good job anyway. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My goodness, SL, you have got to send a demo to a record label in your area. Hm...what do they have in Australia, Atlantic/Warner? :P Anyways, are you going under a band/group, or did you do all the harmonies by yourself (cause they're awesome!)?

It's really great, sounds amazingly professional. The only things I notice are the occasional "flat" notes (I think I heard just two that were slightly below, but I'm not sure if they were on purpose or not), and that the extra "vocal touches and flairs" (I don't know what they're called, but you know, those "Whoaaaaaaa..." or "Yeaaahhhh..." parts that dominate the song) could have a bit of extra strength. But then again, R&B isn't a genre I commonly listen to, so I can't give much critique without knowing the standards.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The song is extremely catchy. Some of the lyrics could be a bit more sophisticated, but overall it's a really good song. The music and the beat seems to fit it perfectly. The background "echo" is great as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

wow that's really good. i'm not such a fan of the beginning, but it gets better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I know I'm not the first to say, but I love it even though it's not my favorite genre.

I'm putting this on my mp3 playing and forcing all my friends to listen to it, I don't believe that's you! It sounds so profesional!

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think you already know what I think of it. And no, I'm not biased - a lot of my friends said the same.

Good luck with the producers you sent it to, I'm going to speak to my friend about getting you on the student radio ASAP.

Gone, forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next