Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Gothic Archies -- The Tragic Treasury
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The official musical companion to Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events has just been released today. It's absolutely amazing, and everyone needs to hear it. Now.

http://www.nonesuch.com/thegothicarchies/player.html

-Listens to Dreary, Dreary for the twentieth time-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:49 pm 

I absolutely love this album. ^_^ Stephen Merritt has about a billion bands/projects/what have you, and they're all worth checking out.

I mean, who can't get behind an album aimed at children with a Lovecraft reference in it? I need to hunt down the previous, pre-Snicket Gothic Archies album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:00 am 

I've said for a long time that whenever I meet the right person, I'll know because they'll love the song "Chicken With Its Head Cut Off" just as much as I do.

("69 Love Songs," anyone?)

"Clemenza's overriding responsibility is to his family. He takes a moment out of his routine madness to remember that he had promised his wife that he would bring dessert home. His instruction to his partner in crime is an entire moral manifesto in six little words: 'Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.'" <b>--sarah vowell</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Woah! That's awesome! I love The Magnetic Fields but I haven't heard much of Stephen Merritt's other works.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]