Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Rush, Neil Young, Queen City Kids, Tom Cochrane, & The Guess Who, I was raised on a lot of this stuff.

And you can't say classic rock without saying Blue Öyster Cult.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

King Internet wrote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac? I think these guys deserve some credit, although they are underground in terms of popularity compared to Led Zeppelin, I find them good to listen to once in a while.

Aye, I'm familiar with both, particularly CCR.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
King Internet wrote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac? I think these guys deserve some credit, although they are underground in terms of popularity compared to Led Zeppelin, I find them good to listen to once in a while.

Counting songs they wrote seperately (cause Im lazy), Fleetwood Mac has written some of the best songs I've ever heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Xil wrote:
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
King Internet wrote:

Counting songs they wrote seperately (cause Im lazy), Fleetwood Mac has written some of the best songs I've ever heard.

I agree they have some very cool stuff, although their early early stuff where they had their Syd Barrett-esque founder (his name escapes me) is plain awesome. That being said I'd hardly call them "underground"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

coming2atvnearu wrote:
Igg wrote:
The Kinks get on my radio station all the time :P

But good point well made.

I've been meaning to talk to you about this! I'm heading over to England for a wee bit in August (London and, of course, the Mecca: Liverpool). Our tastes seem to line up, where should I check out? Are there any magical places that will open my eyes and I can import them back to my fellow deprived country men? Any bands that will never get over the ocean but are the coolest things since sliced bread? Any way you can give me a tour of swinging London so that you can take a picture of me poking the guards with the big poofty hats?

I am doing absolutely nothing all holidays, so I'll have a think and let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:
Igg wrote:
The Kinks get on my radio station all the time :P

But good point well made.

I've been meaning to talk to you about this! I'm heading over to England for a wee bit in August (London and, of course, the Mecca: Liverpool). Our tastes seem to line up, where should I check out? Are there any magical places that will open my eyes and I can import them back to my fellow deprived country men? Any bands that will never get over the ocean but are the coolest things since sliced bread? Any way you can give me a tour of swinging London so that you can take a picture of me poking the guards with the big poofty hats?

I am doing absolutely nothing all holidays, so I'll have a think and let you know.

Igglation: Go away you slimey canuck, I wont give you a thought. Now make me a sandwich or else!

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't want a sandwich, Daniel.

I'm currently typing from the house of my Aunt and Uncle in Budapest, and their main goal in life appears to be the feeding of Igg.

Demented keyboard though, look at the keys!! öüóőúéáű

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
But I can do sandwich. Sandwich is well within my realm of capabilities.

Also, my hungarian grandparents are the same way. I'm there no more than five minutes before cabbage rolls and goulash are being shoved down my throat... and its absolutely glorious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

coming2atvnearu: I was talking in tearms of their popularity in 2005 and such. I can hardly say they were underground in their time, but if you look at the amount of people that like them now, and the amount of Led Zeppelin fans there are, you can see why I called them underground compared to Led Zeppelin right now.

Although they were not underground at the time when they released their album Rumours and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

coming2atvnearu wrote:
But I can do sandwich. Sandwich is well within my realm of capabilities.

Also, my hungarian grandparents are the same way. I'm there no more than five minutes before cabbage rolls and goulash are being shoved down my throat... and its absolutely glorious.

Grandma's Macedonian, but the cabbage rolls come to me too.

and I shall never complain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't like paprika and tomatoes make me vomit, it's not the most fun I've ever had eating ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:15 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hello! Three words: The Eagles. Foreigner.

The Eagles didn't really intrigue me until I heard their other stuff, besides Hotel California and Tequila Sunrise. Seven Bridges Road, Desperado, Hole in the World, etc are all totally classic songs. If you haven't heard of them, do it! If you have, give them a second chance.

Foreigner is one of the most inspiring bands ever. It was an episode of ATHF that actually made me tune into this one. Double Vision, Urgent, and the magnificent Jukebox Hero are all in their repitoire. Great nostalgia songs.

If you're looking for good classic rock, you can't possibly forget Tom Petty, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, or Janis Joplin either.

<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Jimmy Page is God.
I can never get sick of Led Zeppelin.

[edit] Forgot to mention I'm a huge fan of Cream too. :D

Set: Done by jaye (: :: ft. The Who

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I grew up with Rock.

AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Styx, Queen, Kiss, Guns 'N Roses, Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, Rush, U2 etc.

Classic rock is my favourite music. My favourite though is AC/DC, If You Want Blood, TNT, Dirty Deeds(My favourite song)...

AC/DC Rocks!

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:35 pm 

Quote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac?

Stevie Nicks is my queen *kneels down and worships her*

Quote:
Hello! Three words: The Eagles. Foreigner.

Also a fan of the eagles, favourite songs would have to be Take it easy & Wasted time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next