Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am
Location: Probably; a bunny.
Rush, Neil Young, Queen City Kids, Tom Cochrane, & The Guess Who, I was raised on a lot of this stuff.

And you can't say classic rock without saying Blue Öyster Cult.


Image
generally unimpressed. Koku.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Paducah, KY
King Internet wrote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac? I think these guys deserve some credit, although they are underground in terms of popularity compared to Led Zeppelin, I find them good to listen to once in a while.

Aye, I'm familiar with both, particularly CCR.


Image
Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am
Location: Probably; a bunny.
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
King Internet wrote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac? I think these guys deserve some credit, although they are underground in terms of popularity compared to Led Zeppelin, I find them good to listen to once in a while.

Aye, I'm familiar with both, particularly CCR.


Counting songs they wrote seperately (cause Im lazy), Fleetwood Mac has written some of the best songs I've ever heard.


Image
generally unimpressed. Koku.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Xil wrote:
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
King Internet wrote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac? I think these guys deserve some credit, although they are underground in terms of popularity compared to Led Zeppelin, I find them good to listen to once in a while.

Aye, I'm familiar with both, particularly CCR.


Counting songs they wrote seperately (cause Im lazy), Fleetwood Mac has written some of the best songs I've ever heard.


I agree they have some very cool stuff, although their early early stuff where they had their Syd Barrett-esque founder (his name escapes me) is plain awesome. That being said I'd hardly call them "underground"


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:47 pm
coming2atvnearu wrote:
Igg wrote:
The Kinks get on my radio station all the time :P

But good point well made.


I've been meaning to talk to you about this! I'm heading over to England for a wee bit in August (London and, of course, the Mecca: Liverpool). Our tastes seem to line up, where should I check out? Are there any magical places that will open my eyes and I can import them back to my fellow deprived country men? Any bands that will never get over the ocean but are the coolest things since sliced bread? Any way you can give me a tour of swinging London so that you can take a picture of me poking the guards with the big poofty hats?

I am doing absolutely nothing all holidays, so I'll have a think and let you know.


Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am
Location: Probably; a bunny.
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:
Igg wrote:
The Kinks get on my radio station all the time :P

But good point well made.


I've been meaning to talk to you about this! I'm heading over to England for a wee bit in August (London and, of course, the Mecca: Liverpool). Our tastes seem to line up, where should I check out? Are there any magical places that will open my eyes and I can import them back to my fellow deprived country men? Any bands that will never get over the ocean but are the coolest things since sliced bread? Any way you can give me a tour of swinging London so that you can take a picture of me poking the guards with the big poofty hats?

I am doing absolutely nothing all holidays, so I'll have a think and let you know.


Igglation: Go away you slimey canuck, I wont give you a thought. Now make me a sandwich or else!

<3


Image
generally unimpressed. Koku.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:47 pm
I don't want a sandwich, Daniel.

I'm currently typing from the house of my Aunt and Uncle in Budapest, and their main goal in life appears to be the feeding of Igg.

Demented keyboard though, look at the keys!! öüóőúéáű


Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
But I can do sandwich. Sandwich is well within my realm of capabilities.

Also, my hungarian grandparents are the same way. I'm there no more than five minutes before cabbage rolls and goulash are being shoved down my throat... and its absolutely glorious.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
User avatar

Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:43 am
Location: Internet with my e-friends :-)
coming2atvnearu: I was talking in tearms of their popularity in 2005 and such. I can hardly say they were underground in their time, but if you look at the amount of people that like them now, and the amount of Led Zeppelin fans there are, you can see why I called them underground compared to Led Zeppelin right now.

Although they were not underground at the time when they released their album Rumours and such.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
User avatar

Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am
Location: Probably; a bunny.
coming2atvnearu wrote:
But I can do sandwich. Sandwich is well within my realm of capabilities.

Also, my hungarian grandparents are the same way. I'm there no more than five minutes before cabbage rolls and goulash are being shoved down my throat... and its absolutely glorious.


Grandma's Macedonian, but the cabbage rolls come to me too.

and I shall never complain.


Image
generally unimpressed. Koku.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:47 pm
I don't like paprika and tomatoes make me vomit, it's not the most fun I've ever had eating ;)


Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:15 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
User avatar

Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:05 am
Hello! Three words: The Eagles. Foreigner.

The Eagles didn't really intrigue me until I heard their other stuff, besides Hotel California and Tequila Sunrise. Seven Bridges Road, Desperado, Hole in the World, etc are all totally classic songs. If you haven't heard of them, do it! If you have, give them a second chance.

Foreigner is one of the most inspiring bands ever. It was an episode of ATHF that actually made me tune into this one. Double Vision, Urgent, and the magnificent Jukebox Hero are all in their repitoire. Great nostalgia songs.

If you're looking for good classic rock, you can't possibly forget Tom Petty, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, or Janis Joplin either.


<center>Image</center>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
User avatar

Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: Bron-Y-Aur
Jimmy Page is God.
I can never get sick of Led Zeppelin.

[edit] Forgot to mention I'm a huge fan of Cream too. :D


Image
Set: Done by jaye (: :: ft. The Who


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar

Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario
I grew up with Rock.

AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Styx, Queen, Kiss, Guns 'N Roses, Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, Rush, U2 etc.

Classic rock is my favourite music. My favourite though is AC/DC, If You Want Blood, TNT, Dirty Deeds(My favourite song)...

AC/DC Rocks!


Image
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:35 pm 
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:02 pm
Location: Australia
Quote:
Has anyone here heard Creedence Clearwater Revival or Fleetwood Mac?


Stevie Nicks is my queen *kneels down and worships her*

Quote:
Hello! Three words: The Eagles. Foreigner.


Also a fan of the eagles, favourite songs would have to be Take it easy & Wasted time.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group