Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: The MMVA's 2004!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It looks very promising this year; with performances by Kanye West, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Sum 41, Hilary Duff--just to name a few.

It looks like it's going to be awesome and I'm cheering for Evanescence!

GO EVANESCENCE!!!

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, go Evanescence! :P (And Nelly Furtado, and Nickelback, cause I voted for those three for the People's Choice awards.)

Can't wait to see the MMVAs, 'cept it's on Father's Day...lots of stuff to do.

At least I'll be seeing Evanescence live next month.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ugh. The MMVA's. Such a sad excuse for an awards show.

The day I see a performance on there that surpasses "blah" and "mediocre" is the day that pigs fly.

I mean, Much Music a such a great music station and all. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Ditto, I'm much more of a much more music fan. (canadian creativity knows no bounds)

I just can't get used to the idea of someone like HIllary Duff being an "international" artist.

They should just go by NHL rules, and if its in North America, its not international. See, when in doubt for anything Canadian, just go back to hockey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I disagree. I believe the MMVA's will be an awesome award show.

And Yoshi do you live in Ontario? Becuase they're here next month for a concert. I might be going :D

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

coming2atvnearu wrote:
Ditto, I'm much more of a much more music fan. (canadian creativity knows no bounds)

I just can't get used to the idea of someone like HIllary Duff being an "international" artist.

They should just go by NHL rules, and if its in North America, its not international. See, when in doubt for anything Canadian, just go back to hockey.

Much More Music rules all! :D What with shows like Power Trip (just what I need for my weekly hair band fix) and Pop Up Video (the source of mosto f my immense knowledge of music trivia), what is there not to like?!

And the hockey thing is absolutely hilarious! They should really consider doing that, yah know?

Since when iis Hilary Duff classified for best international artist?! :shock:

*shudders* What is this world coming to? That's right up there with Avril Lavigne's exposed butt crack. (which I believe was quite ironically an MMVA moment...huh...go figure.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ammer wrote:
I disagree. I believe the MMVA's will be an awesome award show.

And Yoshi do you live in Ontario? Becuase they're here next month for a concert. I might be going :D

Vancouver. Their concert (featuring Seether and The Trews, not whoever you guys have in central Canada) is on July 10th [edit- whoops, got the day wrong]. Tickets cost my sister a hefty amount...

But ah, to both of you who mentioned Hilary Duff, AGGHHHH. I really don't like her stuff, dunno why she's even nominated, lest for international. Aahhh...perhaps they should exclude all of North America for international. Practically all "international" nominees were American.

Image Image

Last edited by Yoshi on Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:10 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

MMVA seems like poo to me. :P I mean, it has Hilary...yeah, that's it. Everyone else seems okay. But usually these kinds of award shows bomb terribly. If Hilary wins anything...we know how messed up America is today, that's all. She can't even sing her own song without being musically enhanced. In an interview, she calls herself possibly one of the most talented pop stars out there, compared to practically everyone else. This girl drives me crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Allright, Until you've been to a MMVA(or had your brother drag you along) you have no idea of the experience. I mean, although no one likes Hilary Duff, there are tonnes more awesome performers there.

OUR LADY PEACE IS GONNA BE THERE!!!

C'mon guys, this is the ultimate street party, theres nothing better. Just cause Ms. Duff is gonna be there we gotta dislike them? bah.

As For Much More Music, also an awesome station. Have you guys seen The 20 best Canadians in the last 20 years? Barenaked ladies should've like 4th, not 7th.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe I'm getting bitter and cynical (getting?) but it sounds pretty dire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:28 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'll watch until the end of the Beastie Boys' performence, because I love them so. ;) They better not be at the very end, or I'll hurt someone for making me watch the whole thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kyra wrote:
I'll watch until the end of the Beastie Boys' performence, because I love them so. ;) They better not be at the very end, or I'll hurt someone for making me watch the whole thing.

Lucky for you they performed first.

I was very suprised at Amy Lee's voice; I didn't know that she had such a deep voice. However she didn't sing horribly but I was still a little in shock. I can't recall them winning anything, did they?

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ammer wrote:
Kyra wrote:

Lucky for you they performed first.

I was very suprised at Amy Lee's voice; I didn't know that she had such a deep voice. However she didn't sing horribly but I was still a little in shock. I can't recall them winning anything, did they?

Nope--They didn't

OLP(although the whole band wasn't there) was awesome. Did you See the pins Hawksley Workman and Sam Roberts were wearing? Much is a pretty political channel in that sense(well, atleast Jenn is).

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hrm, the show was okay. The performances were pretty sub-par though, minus the Beastie Boys who were awesome. Most of the bands (ie. Three Days Grace, Billy Talent, Evanescence) were good too, but their voices kinda...eh.

It's also the second time in which it seems like MuchMusic played the recorded track over Hilary Duff's voice. Priceless.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]