Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

;_;

I was busy with work yesterday and completely forgot it was the 1st of December, therefore the Advent Calendar. And I'd been looking forward to it so much too! I realised it suddenly today but it's already too late, argh. To think I might have got a bean bag chair (which I rather like, admittedly), and 300 NP. Then again, I might not have got the chair.

On the bright side, I'm cheering myself up by playing Neggsweeper and pretending I got the 300 NP from the Advent yesterday, and am going to buy myself a chair and pretend it was free as well. I don't much care for the avatar and will probably forget there ever was one given out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:10 pm 

Heh, I got more from bank interest than I did from the Advent Calendar. That kind of sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:35 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
winter wrote:
I don't think it's a very good theory. I highly doubt there's someone in the office waiting till midnight to strike to set the prizes. If they're using the same script as last years and the McDonald's thing, then everything is pre-set and set how they want it.

You seem to be presuming a higher degree of advanced planning on TNT's part than has often been demonstrated.

And face it, they've been busy with a lot of things lately, including the banners, the revised banners, the sidebar "skins," various real-life TCG releases (including more to come shortly?), the Hannah and the Ice Caves plot in general, the dinner puzzle part of the plot (in which they are late in providing clues, btw), the battle part of the plot (with the first wave of opponents not originally working the way TNT wanted them to -- the same way, mind you, that they worked in the previous war, and the one before that, and . . . ), plus recent changes in permissions by age to deal with the repercussions of complaints about the gambling games, plus all the "normal" day-to-day stuff they're always doing to keep Neopets running.

They do an awful lot. A slip here and there is to be expected -- both because nobody is perfect and because, well, we've experienced enough major and minor slips on Neopets to know.

(And no, the fact that TNT had some time off for Thanksgiving doesn't mean they aren't hard-working. If theirs is like most offices, they probably had to work extra before and after the holiday to make up for it.)

Mind you, I suspect that today is simply going to be the 200 NP for everyone, not an error (though possibly a deliberate "quickie" job to give themselves some slack) . . . but yesterday's not giving the Snowball Bean Bag to those who went in the first however-many minutes? Yeah, my bet would be that something just wasn't ready in time.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You've found 200 neopoints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow, they're being stingy this year. :o

Or maybe they're drumming us up for a big suprise later?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

200np and no item? What a rip-off! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

hiddenneggs wrote:
...Mind you, I suspect that today is simply going to be the 200 NP for everyone, not an error (though possibly a deliberate "quickie" job to give themselves some slack) . . . but yesterday's not giving the Snowball Bean Bag to those who went in the first however-many minutes? Yeah, my bet would be that something just wasn't ready in time.

I think this is a really good point, and sometimes things just have to work that way. The snowball thing didn't make me happy. Yes, I wanted more today than just neopoints, but at the same time, it's free. We get something for free, but we complain that we're not getting enough? Hopefully they're working now to keep other glitches from happening. If that's true, then I can handle a day with only 200 nps.

Thanks to Meowth1982 for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cheeeeeeeeeeap. ¬.¬

They're putting so much into these animations that it feels like we're suffering on the prizes *pout*

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm done getting up in the middle of the night for a measly couple hundred nps, it's not worth sleep interruption. And if they aren't ready and havn't uploaded all the prizes, well that just goes along with all the other annoyances we've had to deal with lately, very frustrating. Either they need to be better organized or they need more staff.

Merry Christmas Quigukis: 515/1000 -- Seasonal Quigukis: 2335/5000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

TelegramSam wrote:

According to the dictionary, a "rip-off" is a "theft".

Nothing was "stolen" for you because you never had it in the first place.

Remember, the advent calendar is <b>FREE</b>. Also, Neopets is just a game. They're just pixels.

Beggars, or receivers of freebies in the case, can't be choosers.

Quiguki Beauty wrote:
I'm done getting up in the middle of the night for a measly couple hundred nps, it's not worth sleep interruption. And if they aren't ready and havn't uploaded all the prizes, well that just goes along with all the other annoyances we've had to deal with lately, very frustrating. Either they need to be better organized or they need more staff.

Why are you getting up in the middle of the night? It's not like you can't collect your prize during the rest of the day.

Honestly. We have a war going on right now. Alright, so it's been fustrating, with pets getting sick and stuff during the first wave, but it's all good now. And this war was totally unexpected; who isn't actually glad there's a cool plot going on right now?

I admit the items we usually get from the Advent Calendar are pretty cool, but I'm sure they'll fix that by making an one-item day into a two-items day. Personaly, I thought the animation was awesome. I went and found the .swf file, and watched it over and over again... Now I'm making a new layout for my pet's page using that last image of Kass leaning on the tree. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
They're putting so much into these animations that it feels like we're suffering on the prizes *pout*

You know what. I liked todays animation so much. I'm very happy with my 200np.

And you know. Originally, advent calendars only had a small picture of something behind the door. No chocolates, no little plastic prizes or money. Just a small seasonal picture. With a better one on the 24th and 25th.

Needless to say though I am such a big kid that I do have a chocolate one this year myself 8) I also made one of the traditional picture ones for the familys kids when they come round.

Well enough of that. I must say, I do think having the battle plot thing now (Cause I still can't call it a war, since, it really isn't is it) is a bit annoying. With it being close to christmas I have to do a lot of traveling arround back and forward. So I'm going to miss some of it possibly :(

Not too botherd about missing the calendar. Someone can show me the animations after!

Merry 200np day anyway. Spend it wisely! ;)

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No kass items? :( Runey's not going to like this. I really wanted something. It could have at least just been a toy or something pretty and useless like every year. I really do hope it's a error. I'd much rather have an item and no np.

Last edited by rageaholic on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TelegramSam wrote:

Hey, I think that anything they give us for free is great! I think it is really sweet of them to have something like this in the first place. So, you really should be happy with what you got. What is the phrase? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?

I have an advent calendar gallery and have done a lot of research on all prizes given out since its creation. On many occasions, they have given out a cheap snowball with a few hundred nps and on a few other occasions, just a few hundred nps. And, one time, they only gave out 1 np and 1/3 of a plain omelette! At least the two hundred nps is better than that present.

EDIT: One year, they gave out medicinal mud bath. Because it was the cure for the WOE disease, I remember that it cost about 8000 nps prior to that day. Needless to say, it dropped drastically in price after that. Wouldn't it be sweet if Neo gave us hoochie coochie tablets as a present? ;)

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

stampsyne wrote:
Usually the first day has KILLER prizes that people who forgot about it 'kick themselves' for missing! Oh well.

So much for random prizes. At least the avvy is better than

I'm kicking myself -- I CANT believe i missed an avatar.

I guess that's what I get for ceacing to play neo more than once a week (stupid banner ads)
Lets see if I remember to do it the rest of the month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

B55B55 wrote:
stampsyne wrote:
Usually the first day has KILLER prizes that people who forgot about it 'kick themselves' for missing! Oh well.

So much for random prizes. At least the avvy is better than

I'm kicking myself -- I CANT believe i missed an avatar.

I guess that's what I get for ceacing to play neo more than once a week (stupid banner ads)
Lets see if I remember to do it the rest of the month

You didn't miss that one.. you missed this one:

You can get the Jolly one by looking up a pet with a Wreathy. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next