For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Shopkeepers have gone mad!!

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:01 am

Okay, has anyone else been having trouble with the shops since the picture codes were implemented?

Here is an example of a purchase this morning:

First he says 500, so I say 450. Then he says 400 and asks why I bid so much, so I put 400. Then he gets mad and says not less than 520, so I say 520. Then he says 500, so i say 500 and finally get it.

O.o How odd is that?

And that has happened to me at least once or twice a restock. Has anyone else happened upon a case of shopkeeper madness? ;)

Also, several times this morning I have gotten the picture code, then was asked for a letter code. I wonder if they are messing around with it.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:31 am

Sounds like one of those occurences when you accidentily click back on your browser.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:33 am

I get it all the time without clicking back. They don't let me purchase anything if I click on the wrong place on the picture (or more often, when they don't load a new picture, but ask for another species).

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:51 am

This has been an ongoing problem with me as well, Jas. whenever I input my bargain(which is always a 222 or a 333 thats right near the number being asked(i.e a 217 or a 340)) and go to click on that friedly little Acara it says that I have bid to high or too low.

Im wondering if they shrunk the parameters for haggling. Not a good thing.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:43 pm

It happened to me. I haggled then clicked the neopets in the picture. Then he asked for the Kauvara code, then he asked for a lower price than the number I typed. I ended up missing the item.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:13 pm

Happened to me last week and I just give up on buying from the shops till TNT fixed the problem... obviously it is not fixed yet.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:50 pm

Ah, so that's what the restockers on the boards have been complaining about! No one ever posted what the problem was, just that everyone was having problems/hating the new code/haggle system. Obviously I'm not a restocker. Restocking + dial-up = nothing :P

That does sound like some kind of odd glitch or programming thing. When this happens are you sending in bug reports? I think I would, just explain the whole haggle price oddness, the asking for the pet image and then the code...how on earth can you buy anything, even on high speed with all that going on? Sounds very frustrating.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Yes, has happened to me too the few times I've even tried to RS. It was bad enough trying to RS before but now when you can't even guarantee to get an item by paying the asking price, extremely frustrating and not time worthy.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:36 pm

i have encountered this problem occasionally too, and the broken image one..i think the reason is that sometimes you didn't click exactly on the picture and subsequently you failed. sometimes, if you don't click correctly, it may even lead you to another page with the old code.
Topic locked