Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The More Time Goes By...
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
The less things change.

So its good to see everybody, and apparently lots of things have been going on, as proven in the Catch Up thread in Misc.

However, I've noticed that not much of significance has gone down on Neopets. Sure we've got the Yurble, which is exciting and only vaguely resembles something my ex-cat coughed up(kidding, kidding, very nice, very exciting, yadda, yadda, yadda)

Now, holding all this frustration in hasn't been healthy for me, so I figure I'd use this time to complain!

While our fantabulous webmaster was working his butt off to get our forum back, here's the thing's that Neopets has NOT done. Feel free to add and complain when I've (inevitably) crossed the line.

1) War prizes- Hey, remember the war? (Warning, this is a BAD openning line if you're volunteering at a Senior's centre) Well, anyhoo, nothing has happened. The war's over. Remember? That Darigan and the faerie came, pulled a deus ex machina, saved Jeran, got rid of Kass, found the citadel's weapons of mass destruction. Mission Accomplished. We need our war prizes. Despite being promised to every single user that participated in the war, nothing's been given out. In fact the promise has been deleted from the news, leading me to believe that we're in for another Neoquest II "we didn't promise THAT, did we?" scenario.

2) NeoSchools- Remember when they said they'd have it for the beginning of the school year? Hey, guess what's ending? If you answered "our faith in the scheduliong of the ENT" you're WRONG. That was gone a long time ago. Apparently, as prom rolls around, we're supposed to forget and ignore these little promises as if they were bad eighties fashions. You think they could at least change the apology on the "Coming Soon" list to make them seem sincere. Oh well, cahnces are, by the time it comes out flock of seagulls haircuts will be back in and the New Kids On The Block will have a reunion concert.

3) Synching up the site at the same time everyday- This idea feel down like Gerald Ford doing a tight rope walking act.

4) Dr. Sloth Plot- What's the one thing that could distract Neopets from a merchandise campaign? If you answered "a bigger merchandise campaign," you're right! Now they surely wouldn't be compelled to forget their dedicated users for something as simple as money from a huge corporation like McDonalds, would they? Of course not. By the way, the moon is made of green cheese, tax rebates help the economy and people listen to Britney Speares for her musical abilities.

5) More than 1000 stocks a day in the Stock market- Ah yes. Just another forgotten corner of Neopets. Well, almost forgotten. Donna answered the question in the editorial, giving us hope that they would go through with a chance for those of us without high speed connections to make some money. The idea lasted about as long as any one particular hair colour for Donna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Meh, I dont understand, I'm sure at neopets, they dont employ 10 people who are the "artists, the programmers, the designers, the writers".

It doesnt make sense, that if there are a a group of people doing the art, a group doing the writing, a group programming and a group thinking up ideas, that everything takes so long. It makes no sense! I have lots more to say but i really dont feel like it

*edit*

War prizes - I would have expected the war prizes to be released after the war. Immediately after the war. TNT have had a whole year to plan this war, unless they were blatantly inept at planning ahead (omg lyke no way!!11oneone!) then they should have planned and been ready to execute the release of the prizes in a reasonable amount of time.

Neoschools are just a big running joke, a complete waste of time and effort for many people, and there is not an ice sculptures chance in a 100,000,000 ºC fusion reactor of it living up to the "hype". I say that because a while back, the delays kept us on our toes, tingling, buying school equipment. A year later, I doubt anyone is even remotely excited.

Last edited by Paulisacretin on Sun May 30, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The More Time Goes By...
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

1) War prizes- I didn't play, so I don't really know what to expect. But they should sort something out soon...it's been, what, a month now?

2) NeoSchools- It's been a long time and it seems to have been swept under the carpet. Maybe they just couldn't make it work. Shame - it had potential. Oh well, these things happen.

3) Synching up the site at the same time everyday- Yep, this didn't last did it? I think we're pretty much back to where we were before they decided to change it. And the NT hasn't updated on Friday for a while either. But, it still does update so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

4) Dr. Sloth Plot- It'll come, give it time. I always thought they'd leave a little break between the start of this and the end of the Kass plot. And 'Toxic' was a very well-made pop song IMHO :P

5) More than 1000 stocks a day in the Stock market- Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one too.

Post subject: Yes.
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:39 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I want the War Prizes and the Stocks ASAP!

I have over 500 PTs, meaning I should get the Shield (I better!!!) and a avatar or something. I didn't kill so many Spyders for a shirt!

The stock thing would be a superb help to all of us non-restockers-cause-others-have-better-services people like my self. At least then we can spend more of are money in hopes of making money.

Spells are my thing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I like the non-set time of synching. It gives an element of suprise. The stock thing would be nice, but as for neoschools, I don't even really know what they'll be like. I only had 30 points, so war prizes could mean less to me. I'll maybe get a shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Skullsplitter wrote:
Meh, I dont understand, I'm sure at neopets, they dont employ 10 people who are the "artists, the programmers, the designers, the writers".

It doesnt make sense, that if there are a a group of people doing the art, a group doing the writing, a group programming and a group thinking up ideas, that everything takes so long. It makes no sense! I have lots more to say but i really dont feel like it.

Even though I'm sure they have certain people designated for each aspect of the site, I can't imagine they have enough people to do the job if they're always running behind. Hire more people? Maybe they're having money problems...or no one who is willing and able to do the work wants to work there. I dunno.

I was wondering what happened to the war prizes. I thought I wouldn't get any, even though I did last time, since I only had a little over 100pts. Hopefully that'll be soon.

I don't care about plots. I never read them. Same with stocks. I never use them. Neoschools just seem pointless in the first place. Whatever happened to neohomes? Those are kind of pointless, too, but they promised those first. I know we can build them and put items in there...but you can't actually do anything with them yet!

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Didn't they release war prizes? Most people got the avatar--only some people got items.

EDIT: Yep--check the news on May 13th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

simsman24000 wrote:
Didn't they release war prizes? Most people got the avatar--only some people got items.

If they had I haven't heard about it. Usualy it would be announced in the news (they haven't updated that but... :roll: ), and the people on the Neobaords would be freaking out about it. The items have been found on the shop wizard, but that was some time ago. Maybe they have forgotten, like all the -other- things?

They're getting really comercialized, and I don't like it. They have to crank out 150 cards each month for the TCG (plot, art, everything), and I think they are distracted from the things that really need to be done. :o

Click here, click here! Don't be a c-c-c-combo breaker! :D
THANK YOU ZILARY. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

simsman24000 wrote:

I saw it in the news, and that's what made me be so expectant. Last time, even with my measly little-over-100pts, I got a shirt and some nps. This time I got nothing...except the avatar, but they really can't expect that to be the prize, can they? Maybe they changed the cut-off point...so that people with even 100pts get nothing.

Watch Love Actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

uniquelyput wrote:
simsman24000 wrote:

I saw it in the news, and that's what made me be so expectant. Last time, even with my measly little-over-100pts, I got a shirt and some nps. This time I got nothing...except the avatar, but they really can't expect that to be the prize, can they? Maybe they changed the cut-off point...so that people with even 100pts get nothing.

I got 413 points and no prize... Maybe the cut-off is 500?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:41 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

laq wrote:
They're getting really comercialized, and I don't like it. They have to crank out 150 cards each month for the TCG (plot, art, everything), and I think they are distracted from the things that really need to be done. :o

I totally agree, they should really work more on the site and less on the cards, all TNT seems to be doing lately is Merchandise stuff.

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

simsman24000 wrote:
I got 413 points and no prize... Maybe the cut-off is 500?

How are you certain the 413 nps was for the war? Did they tell you in a neomail? There's a thread about this in the BD forum and people with much higher scores than myself still haven't received anything other than the avatar.

Darklegendary wrote:
laq wrote:

I totally agree, they should really work more on the site and less on the cards, all TNT seems to be doing lately is Merchandise stuff.

They have to make money somehow, don't they? They're expanding their company...you can't tell me you never expected it to happen if they became popular enough (which they have)?

Watch Love Actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

tsk, tsk, comingtoatvnearu (which from now on I will call Ishmael), you know as well as I do that neoschools are like Jelly World. Only they really don't exist. Or faith in the political structure. By the way, missed your witty banter, Ishmael!

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:25 pm 

I'm not too thrilled about their artists. I don't know if they hired new ones or what. But look at this new Queen Fyora Usuki...Image I think its horrible compared to regular usukis.

I collect Usukis. PM me if you are selling the following: Jeran Usuki, Lord Kass Usuki, Bat Thing Usuki, Zafara Double Agent Usuki or Queen Fyora Usuki Doll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not an Usuki collector, so forgive my idiocy, but the basic shape doesn't look too terribly different from the one in your avatar, Usuki Princess. What's wrong with it?

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next