For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Tis the Season - New animated site theme!! WOW

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Just logged in and everyone is receiving a Christmas Site Theme.

<3 I love how TNT have worked on this! It is amazing.

I wonder if it has been prematurely released though. o_O

Re: Tis the Season - New animated site theme!! WOW

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:43 pm

It's gorgeous! And it snows on the pages! Very, VERY cool!

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I hate the snow and the mouse. I'd keep the theme if I could turn them off; it is pretty. But the mouse made it take twice as long to set up 6 trades just now.

I didn't hear the music (volume was turned down low), but I'm not a fan of that, either. At any rate, I had to switch back to the blue theme because of the mouse and the snow (the snow was subtle, but that kind of stuff can mess with my motion sickness after a while... I'm certainly not going to test whether this one would trigger it or not!).

It's too bad. It really is a nice theme.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:08 pm

TNT are still tweaking it. The Elf Hat has been replaced with a red Santa Glove, with links turning to a green Santa Glove. The notification icons still need to be changed as well.

My laptop usually doesn't like animations. I have a hard time using animated NC items. But I have had no problems with this theme and the longer I have it on, the more I like it.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:51 am

I like the theme. Was not thrilled by music suddenly playing, though. A bit ambivalent about the mouse.

Currently viewing on my work laptop in Firefox. I wonder what this will look like in Opera 12... I shall see in the morning.

Note: I did not get the sidebar/theme when first logging in. Only appeared after going to the advent calendar. It did not matter that I had already collected the prizes earlier today.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:19 am

By the way, I thought the "elf hat" was a badly drawn ixi hoof (or claw... which ixis don't have, but it's JS). :roflol:
Topic locked