For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Trouble in Brightvale Mini-Event

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:51 pm

http://www.neopets.com/medieval/brightvale.phtml

FAQS

Overview:
* Visit Brightvale and enter the portal created by Magon to see what's on the other side.
(Make sure your active pet is not a Unconverted pet)

* Prizes for going through the portals.

* You can use a portal every 6 hours by returning to Brightvale.

* Runs for 7 days, starting on 27th August and lasting until 3rd September, 23:59:59 NST.

* Active pet can change color/stats/become sick but will be reversed at the end of the event.

* The Blank Tome is the NC portion. Magic Lens that can be bought from the NC Mall.

* Cannot test these portals from a side account.

To Start the event:
Go to Brightvale and read what the wizard's messages.
You are now eligible to use Brightvale as a site theme while browsing the site!
Visit your Preferences to change your site theme.

~~~

Previous messages:

There are 3 different messages.
Taking a portal back to Brightvale (or refreshing) will change them.

Oh, the king will have my head for this, I’m sure! I must undo this, now! There should be something in this book…

Good grief, not another one! Please, you must not breathe a word of this to anyone! Now excuse me while I try to get rid of those portals… What are they for? Erm - I’ll tell you more once this is sorted, I promise. Now is not the time.

Oh dear, I knew the spell would do something crazy, but how can I expect to succeed if I don’t try crazy things?! I must find a way to stop those portals immediately! I really can’t talk right now – can we save this conversation for later, please? I’ll be right here.

Previous portal locations are not relevant to the event now.

BlueEdit: Updating Thread title... no longer live :)
Last edited by Daze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 am, edited 18 times in total.

Re: Brightvale Mini-Event

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Huh. I was wondering why I had a pop-up box asking me to enter my username and pw at the Shrine:

Sign in
http://images50.neopets.com
Your connection to this site is not private
Username
Password
Sign In Cancel

Obviously I wasn't going to enter my pw into that box.

Canceling reveals a broken image box, which is clickable and takes me to BV, as Daze said.

I actually was looking at the calendar for inspiration for MyNeoFood and realized Discovery of BV Day was soon after Discovery of MD Day, and I thought, "Aww, poor BV kind of got shafted there."

I guess TNT was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they'll do these mini-events for all the lands as they unveil their new maps. I think they're fun.

Edit: And they already fixed the images! It's a blue swirling portal (at least at the Deserted Tomb).

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Interesting... I had a blue swirling portal at the shrine this morning. Ironically, I had gone there on a whim just prior to opening this thread (in another tab).

ETA. And none of the links in Brightvale are working in my browser. I will need to check another browser at another time.

I did take a minute to follow every portal listed in Daze's post above. All trips to BV had this message:

Good grief, not another one! Please, you must not breathe a word of this to anyone! Now excuse me while I try to get rid of those portals… What are they for? Erm - I’ll tell you more once this is sorted, I promise. Now is not the time

No other messages for me.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:19 am

More Portals added since I started the opening post:

Altadorian Archives, Castle Nox, Dubloon-O-Matic, Faerie Personality Quiz, Gypsy Camp, Governor's Mansion, Igneot's Cavern, Poogle Racing, Swashbuckling Academy and The Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity.

I double checked my messages and I was still getting all 3, Blue. It took my fifth time to get a new message, so they don't always change.
I assume that means the messages themselves are not important. More likely just flavour text.

EDIT: Added Armada and News to portals.
Edit 2: Added Haunted House to portals.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 am

At least the portals aren't a maze that lead to various other places that have them. Maze-mapping on Neo can be time-consuming (because they always seem to limit how many you can go to at once).

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:51 am

Oh come on, you know you miss mapping out the Temple of 1,000 Tombs.

Back when plots were plots! :> Back when you had to take notes on paper to figure out some puzzles and if anyone unfamiliar with Neopets ever saw those notes they might take you to get your head checked. :lol:

http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/solution.phtml

http://www.neopets.com/~Sleepruki (SleepRuki's Temple Guide)

(Forgive me, I'm too tired to fancy up the BBCode.)

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Gah! Seeing those maps... countless hours... erk.. :lol:

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm

I didn't know plots were a collaborative thing during LDP. I read the plot and thought that was it, and I read stuff about mapping, but then I ventured on the Neoboards, and... well, who remembers the boards from back then? I didn't think to use Google and find outside help.

So yeah. I missed LDP. :cry:

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 am

The Brightvale event is coming next week, apologies for all the build up we wanted to ensure testing was all complete.

I remember the LDP with fondness. It was a little hard to do the mapping, but once I got started, it went fairly well.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 pm

I hope they mean the week of September 3rd. The week of August 27th is going to be a very busy week for me.

Re: Brightvale Mini-Event (Now Live)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Took my first portal and returned to Brightvale:

You're Back!

First things first, here's your reward for helping me out! You can go check your inventory for a:

Sroom Fruit

Also, this book here is full of ancient knowledge, but the text has disappeared over time. Can you please pick up a Magic Lens and help restore the words on the pages? I really need the information in there, and I’ll reward you well for your help.

Blank Violet Tome

Trial 1 Your Pet ***** is not affected!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Switched to my newest pet (who if he changes, it won't be the end of the world). Took my first portal. Received a Jelly Mote and a Blank Violet Tome.
Trial 1 @Brightvale Colouring pages *Petname* has contracted Fuzzitus.

....Sigh.

I might be able to get a second one in tonight, but it'll depend on how late I'm up.
Last edited by Pickles on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:52 am

Ugh. I missed out on at least one trial. I've got an alarm set for... 2:45am. Yay...

Trial 1: Poems of BV, no change

Yikes, I didn't realize it could affect stats. Guess I'd better transfer a pet from a side. Does that mean if your stats go up, they'll take the gains away after a week? But what about any training you're doing?

Edit: Just adopted a pet from the pound. Way easier.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 am

I'm assuming they're keeping a log of what we've gained or lost, or what other changes have happened, and they'll just undo it at the end. Since it's listed oh-so-nicely at the bottom of the page, here's hoping...

Received: Cape of the Sun
Trial 2: @Brightvale Armoury *petname* looks like they were just colored Zombie.
Last edited by Pickles on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Trouble in Brightvale Mini-Event (Now Live)

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 am

Trial 2: Knowledge and Honor, no change.
Topic locked