For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Daily Dare 2018

Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 am

AAA score is 500! You will be ok Blue. :)

Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 am

Thank goodness it is "only" 500! It took me far too long to beat AAA. So many lousy games. Multiple 411 and several 413's, plus a nice 459 to mock me.

I finally got into a groove and earned a new HS of 665. DONE, done and done!

Tue May 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Definitely not as easy to play on my laptop. The touch pad "mouse" doesn't work quite the same as a real mouse, and we forgot ours. I got by, but definitely nowhere near my high score (and I have a silver trophy for this one).

Ah well. It's all done. Thank goodness. The timing for DD this year was just really bad for me.

Tue May 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Well, I tried a quick game before work and had a ton of lag, but on my first real attempt, I managed a 539. I'll take it.

Edit: I just beat AAA in SHB! Woohoo! I got a score of 798 and almost cried, and was getting so frustrated with so many glitches that I finally told myself, "okay, one last game." I looked down and realized I had 750 with 2 lives (plus the one I was on) left, and forced myself to just calm down and finish an easy level 10 with a doughnut, a 2x, and 4 of the 5 letters left. Sure enough, I was over 800 by the end of the level! Woot!

Now one more day to get a miraculous ZB score plus whatever tomorrow's game is.

(Also, due to lag, I accidentally sent a score of 36 and was paranoid I'd not have any scores left to send today on SHB. So glad that's over...)

Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Congrats on the SHB score!

However, I thought today was the last day? I sure hope there's nothing tomorrow!

Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 am

Oh! Thanks for the warning! Guess I'd better crank out some ZB, then!

Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 am

DD is over.

I got gold this year!!

Last year's prizes have been given out. :x

Chadley Stamp
Press Conference Foreground
How to Win Fans
Chadley Action Figure

It also says you receive 12,000 nps, an Avatar and Site Theme.

I didn't receive any neopoints or an avatar. I don't have a new site theme but I do have the site theme from previous years.
~~~~

EDIT: (12.30 am NST) It seems that TNT have taken down the prize script.

EDIT 2: (3 am NST) Correct prizes given out. (It seems some prizes were given out in triplicate).
AAA Collectable Charm
AAA Games Room BG
AAA Tells You How Its Done
Daily Dare Slushie

EDIT 3: (5 am NST) Avatar is now being awarded if you qualified for it.
Last edited by Daze on Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am

Mothereffers! "You defeated AAA or Abigail at least once in this year's Daily Dare. Good Job! For this accomplishment, you've earned:"

Yep, JS are frigging idiots. That's NEVER how it's worked before. They never punished you for challenging AAA and failing to beat him but still beating Abi. Stupid JS.

Edit: sent a bug report. This might really be the straw. It's right up there with the no-multigaming-in-the-AC rule and the no-giving-because-everyone-needs-to-earn-their-own-stuff rule that demonstrate JS just does not and never will get Neopian culture and history. I was only around to see how they handled a plot, and that was a disaster. Why am I still here? There has to reach a point when it's a sunk cost. I'm nearly there. Maybe I am already.
Topic locked