Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2018
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The fact that they actually asked for something as high as they did today (compared to past requirements) makes me a little nervous, but then...Kass Basher isn't exactly all that hard. If you can get a good swing in, today's score is still no biggie.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Yep, pretty easy (though I didn't get it on my first game because there was lag when the kass dropped, messing up my timing on the swing...).

Same for me. Whack-A-Kass is one of my all time favorite games on Neopets, and I was surprised when I missed the first time. I smile when I see the "Whack Kass Again" banner at the end of the game ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Huh. I just went through the game list thoroughly, and I'm actually worried (at least mildly) about half the games. Some of them might take a while to get. Others, I'm just out of practice - and a few I loathe. If anything gets me, it will probably be Zurroball. Why, JS, why? That game is terrible.

Edit: Well... 450 is better than 700. Still going to challenge AAA. I know I can do it; it's just going to take a while until I get lucky with the right neggs. I can't stand games like this; I don't have the patience for them.

Edit: I got a power negg on my first game! Woot! And then... at 400 points, a red negg sprung up right in front of me and I had no time to avoid it. Noooo! Will have to wait until after church to try again.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Bummer Siniri! On my 3rd try, I received a fish negg (400 points) as the first negg! Done!

Good luck all!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love Meerca Chase II.
I played on gravity mode, and got a 1224 with a whopping 2 greens, 1 blue, and 2 silvers. The rest were yellow. I would've kept going, but it dumped one smack dab in the middle of the gravity well...so that was that.
Not my highest score ever (mostly due to a lack of good neggs), but I was happy to see I hadn't lost my skill with it. :)

And yay! Two more items for my negg gallery!

ETA: For giggles, I played on the ferocious neggs mode. I forgot how much fun that is! No tail, just lots of ferocious neggs!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dagnabbit. 30 minutes before I finally started on a rainbow negg. I had one of the yellow-with-red (instead of the basic) ones in the upper right corner, where I basically had to suicide on it and end the game. After a few laps and realizing there was no way out of that corner, I went for it and got 408.

Guess it will be another 30 minutes before I get a decent negg again.

I hate games that are dependent on luck.

Edit: and a 448. Grabbed a power negg after a super-long chain of basic yellows, and the game lagged and made me crash. Ridiculously frustrating.

Edit: Also gotten a 432 and a 438. Every time, the red neggs are positioned so that there's absolutely no way to continue, or it glitches (just the once, but that was once too many). It's been an hour, so taking a short break to stretch my hands. I've gotten so close so many times, I know it's possible. Just need everything to align (except the red neggs - those need to stay far far away).

Edit: after another 20 minutes, I can barely keep my eyes open. The day-of bonus option of +2 str would be nice, but I don't really need it. Had it been def on the other hand... Well, I can get the score tomorrow. Right now, if I were to keep trying, I'd never get it because I would fall asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lost City Lanes is probably my favourite game. I had no probs with the score.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

New high score for me...but it went under review. Thankfully it still counted to completion, so hopefully I won't run into any trouble with it. According to the neoboards, any score over 1299 goes under review.

And today's day and date prize is a stamp! :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phew. Finally a 615 in Meerca Chase. When I saw an accessible grey negg that I knew would put me over the score, I passed it three times, I was so overly cautious about running into any of the reds. Phew.

Took about two hours all told.

What does a fish negg look like? I've only seen one like once ever, and it was probably close to a decade ago. *sigh* At least the power neggs appear every hundred games or so...

That's my first green check in DD since 2008 due to failure to complete the game day-of after trying. I would have had I had more time, but since it doesn't affect the trophy and the prize wasn't that great for doing it, it wasn't worth the lack of sleep.

Now on to today's game. And maybe some practice for the games that are going to suck later, so they suck less than MCII did.

Edit: That's a very narrow margin between AAA and review, Pickles! :o I'll probably get reviewed, too: my high score is significantly more than that.

Edit: And done. That game takes too long. It's easy and kind of fun, but time-consuming.

Here's my list of what I need to practice, by the way:
SHB
Zurroball ***** must practice a lot!
Dungeon Dash (I loathe this game... it was glitchy from the start... should practice on the spate of easy days I'll have next week with Piper Panic, Kou-Jong, etc.)
Nova Defender (hs 165k - also loathe this one; will leave practicing until later)
Hubrid's Hero Heist (I swear I don't even remember this game! Maybe vaguely... But it's actually kind of fun. Note: if you fall through a hole on the bottom, you end up at the top of the level - same for the enemies. It's probably in JN's guide somewhere, but I only skimmed it. Anyway, I only got 194 NP on my one run-through, so I assume I need more practice.)
Goparokko - My hs on this account is only 664, though I know I beat AAA in the past. The timer stresses me out in this game. I need to practice just enough to remember how to do 6x boxes easily.
Flycatcher (mostly a lag issue - definitely need to figure out why my brand new laptop has so much lag already... probably need to clear my cache)
Caves and Corridors (never understood this game - at least it will load now, unlike when it was the BTY challenge...)
Volcano Run II (so out of practice... I was working on the avatar score a while ago but never quite got it, and now my hs is pretty low)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Lost City Lanes is one of my faves, too. Thanks all for the heads up on the above 1299 score review. To avoid any problems, I had 1246 at the end of round 6, so I ended the game right then and sent my score. I probably could have come close to my high score, but the review nonsense was not worth it. Done! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Grr. I am getting around to picking up my prizes and yesterdays "day of" is a choice between the meerca balloon or +2 strength.

So, I figure, if the price of the balloon is less than training, then I will buy the balloon and take the +2 STR..

Leave it to JS to have two different items with exactly the same name. One is ~800NP, the other 200k!

Cheap one:

Prize (expensive one):

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 6 is actually Snow Muncher.

No problem with the score for me, got it on the first go.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hooray for another "easy" day. Granted, today's score came nowhere near my high score, but since I was still up, I decided to knock out my dailies, including DD before going to sleep. I have an early meeting in the morning, so no time for NP in the am. Well, the "later" am, that is. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Abi's prize for snowmuncher also has the same name as a previous item.

Cheaper one (2012 DD):

Expensive (today's prize):

* JS really aren't trying anymore. :x

Really, how hard is it to check the database for released items?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:44 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Huh. Guess I'd better try to practice all the ones I'm most worried about ASAP, just in case they come sooner than later.

2400 is fairly low for snowmuncher. I bet I can beat it without really trying, just going kamikaze-style through the levels. Going to try it, because it'll be faster. Unless I'm unsuccessful and have to play again...

Edit: Woohoo! Kamikaze style worked! Yay for beating AAA with no effort!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next