Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, Snowmuncher was pretty easy. Got it on my first try. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Super Hasee Bounce... AAA score of 800. I think that means playing it all the way through and doing well. Here goes nuttin'...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oof. 800 is a really tough score. You need lots of multipliers and doughnuts (at the same time). And no glitches, which I keep having in all my practice rounds. Well, here I go. Challenging AAA anyway.

Edit: I forgot how glitchy this game is. The orange Hasee just landed a good inch from the end and still somehow allegedly went through the see-saw. Lost my first life on level 2, but going to keep going. As long as I don't get the screen lag glitch, I should still make it through.

Note: I find it much easier to play with the keyboard, but to do so, you have to click on the screen with the mouse after starting each round. Terrible design all around.

Edit: first game: 496. Got to level 9. Had the delay glitch cost 2 lives and the permeable see-saw cost me 2 more. Low quality mode doesn't seem to be working anymore; it doesn't look any more low-quality to me. (It used to be only the first letters of "yes" and "no" and "send score" and "restart" were visible.) That certainly explains why low quality mode hasn't been helping with the screen lag issues across the game. Well, I'll just have to close a bunch of tabs (research for a writing project), clear my cache, and restart my computer before attempting again. Unfortunately, the game takes too long, so I don't have time for another attempt before work.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Siniri. I challenged AAA as well. Best score so far is 768. I also accidentally clicked "submit score" after a terrible round 2 and sent a score of 64. Now I am paranoid about accidentally sending 3 scores and acing myself out...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Fudgsicles. I had a 632, lost 3 lives because of glitchy go-right-through-the-seesaw, down to my last life, but had just gotten a 5x bonus and had bombed all the low-hanging stones so that it had become an easy level, and the game frigging freezes on me....

So frustrating. That's my fifth complete game (not counting the ones I ended early from losing too many lives too early. Why am I even doing this? It's not fun. Who cares about Neopets?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got it on my second try. Might've got it on my first, but I lost all but one life too early in the game, and quit.

Don't forget to play on the regular mode. The hard mode gets you nothing but extra trouble!
Also, don't continue to play if your first level doesn't have at least one (if not more) of the doughnutfruit bonuses. It's not worth it.

I'm just glad it's not 1000 like it was the first time it came up. *That* was murder trying to get, IIRC!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I sooooo despise this game. Finally managed to beat AAA after countless attempts. Today's game was not fun. That said, I am happy(?) to have finally beaten AAA today and can move forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

You know what? I don't have time for this. I got home from work less than eight hours before I need to be leaving the house for a 15-hour day tomorrow (including travel time). This game sucks. It's glitchy as, and it's basically a matter of luck rather than skill (and by luck, I mean not having it glitch too many times). And really, what does it matter what trophy I get? What are all the prizes worth? JS can take it all away at any time. I only stuck around for their plot to see if it was any good. And it really wasn't. So why am I putting effort in? Because of the past? That's sunk cost. My future is not.

This game at least inspired me to install Opera, which I'm so far very impressed with. I may not switch to it as my default browser, but maybe I will. It didn't completely get rid of the display lag, which might require changing my hardware settings (turning an accelerator off, ironically...), but it did improve it significantly. Enough where I at least now have a chance of making AAA's score, if I can be bothered. It also made me realize I need to remove the bloat that Dell installed on this machine. It should not be using 40% of its memory and up to 40% of its CPU when the only program running is task manager (plus MS and Dell's bg garbage...).

Edit: the day-of prize is hasee balloons? Definitely not worth it. Buh-bye. May or may not see you later... if I can be arsed to bother. The frustrating thing is I'm actually good at SHB, in that I can steer the hasees to the good bonuses and combo them with fruits and letters, but I lose more than half my lives each game to glitchiness (see-saw, unresponsiveness to the mouse, screen lag), and there are some lives you can't prevent losing, so there just aren't enough left to get the score.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Opera is good. Well, old Opera anyway. I am still using 12.18 as my "dedicated" Neopets browser. I cannot speak for the latest incarnation.

That said, I finally beat AAA using Firefox. Opera did seem to glitch less, but I do not have it installed on my work laptop... Today was an in office lunch. I knew I did not want to come home and play this game. I greatly prefer the original Hasee Bounce.

Zurroball... 90 points? Holy carp. My high is 54 and I have no idea how I achieved that score.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got this on my first try.
Back before the ratios fluctuated, I'm pretty sure you had to score like a 334 or something to get 1k on Zurroball, and I used to do that daily. 90 is pretty much nothing for me now.

Things I do to score:
*Play with the energy ball (it's the lightest, so you get the most time in between clicks)
*If you can figure out how to time it to get grounders (double-clicking very close to the bottom), they're worth 10 points each, plus the 2 points for clicking.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Meh. Not bothering with today's today then. I'm already on green checks, anyway, and I'd like to practice a bit. I hate this game, but maybe it will be less glitchy in Opera. I have no hope of getting grounders. If I don't click it right below the red line, it never gets above it again.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TEAM CHALLENGE for Kou-Jong.

Managed AAA on all of the games so far, I think the downfall for me will be Dungeon Dash. For whatever reason, I just can't complete the game with AAA. Hopefully the score wont require to finish the game.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today's at least was easy, though I now have proof that my new laptop is having a drastic effect on the games. I play KJ often and always get at least 800 points. Today my score was in the 600's. The only difference was the computer I played on. Thankfully 600-something was good enough! (And I even got lucky and beat the third level of hard on my first try!)

I'll have time to try ZB and SHB again Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Phew I finally got the score. I had a horrendous time getting past lvl 2, but once I did, I managed lvl 3 quite easily. Weird!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Level 2 is my downfall. 1 and 3 are always fine (and I usually get through them both on my first try, as I did today), but 2....ugh. I tried quite a number of times before I managed to get through it! Whew! Done for the day, though. Hoping tomorrow's isn't too terrible, because I'm going to be busy most of the day!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next